World Cup 2006

Dan

Bastards. There's a good idea... Try to clamp down on cheating and trying to claim cheats don't prosper - BY HAVING THE ITALIANS WIN. Jesus Christ... Although it isn't like this is a mood dampener, this World Cup was crap after the first two round of group games anyway. Nowhere near as great as 98 or 2002.

Try to clamp down on cheating and trying to claim cheats don't prosper - BY HAVING THE ITALIANS WIN.

"Having" the Italians win? What is this, a sim game? They beat France. Like it or not, they beat France. The French had some close calls but Zidane going batshit and Barthez sucking royally ended everything.

Bastards. There's a good idea... Try to clamp down on cheating and trying to claim cheats don't prosper - BY HAVING THE ITALIANS WIN. Jesus Christ... Although it isn't like this is a mood dampener, this World Cup was crap after the first two round of group games anyway. Nowhere near as great as 98 or 2002.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Guest muddatrucker

Oh well, I'm happy simply for a big tough Italian getting knocked out, Materazzi has obviously been watching the original rocky, rather than the sequel.

Guest Bosstown Boy

Well that was quite the game. Italy wins and Boston is going nuts, especially the North End! Congrats to the Italians, shame on Zindane.

Damn. The 12 year cycle continues now though. I think.

Barthez just wasn't close on those penalties, bloody hell.

Was funny watching Italy run around everywhere when they won.

Edited by IAceI

Italy was the best team this Cup. I can't say they didn't deserve to win. And as for Australia getting a questionable penalty against them, I imagine Australia's reputation preceded them. Plus, as Matz said, Italy would've won that match in extra time -- even with 10 men, they looked better.

Forza Italia. Now all hell breaks loose domestically.