The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

It can't just be me who is bored by the current run on Batman by Morrison? I know people love the guy, but I just can't get into much of his stuff in the last year or so. I much prefer Dini over on Detective Comics at the moment (though if you're looking for good Bat-Family you should read Catwoman, barring the forced Salvation Run crap, it's been the best Bat-Book for a year or so).

It can't just be me who is bored by the current run on Batman by Morrison? I know people love the guy, but I just can't get into much of his stuff in the last year or so. I much prefer Dini over on Detective Comics at the moment (though if you're looking for good Bat-Family you should read Catwoman, barring the forced Salvation Run crap, it's been the best Bat-Book for a year or so).

I am so out of the loop when it comes to comic books but I'm interested in getting back into them. I just got finished reading Angel:After the Fall books 3 and 4 and I'm enjoying it.

I ask of thee comic readers, is there any new(er) series' I should be checking out, preferrably something that has been collected in trade. I don't think I can muster up the enthusiasm to try get into a DC book so strictly Marvel and any good non-Superhero stuff would be good.

Oh and now that Cable & Deadpool is over, is there any word on what is happening with a Deadpool series?

I am so out of the loop when it comes to comic books but I'm interested in getting back into them. I just got finished reading Angel:After the Fall books 3 and 4 and I'm enjoying it.

I ask of thee comic readers, is there any new(er) series' I should be checking out, preferrably something that has been collected in trade. I don't think I can muster up the enthusiasm to try get into a DC book so strictly Marvel and any good non-Superhero stuff would be good.

Oh and now that Cable & Deadpool is over, is there any word on what is happening with a Deadpool series?

This MIGHT be a spoiler, so to be on the safe side:

Have I missed something? The latest issue of Uncanny X-Men reads like Kitty Pryde is either dead or missing. When the hell did that heppen?

The only thing I can think of is that she is the mutant that "isn't coming back" from the Astonishing X-Men Breakworld arc, but due to that taking 400 years to get published then continuity has become a bit skewed in relation to the other X titles, hence why I haven't read it yet. That, or I just totally missed something.

Have I missed something? The latest issue of Uncanny X-Men reads like Kitty Pryde is either dead or missing. When the hell did that heppen?

The only thing I can think of is that she is the mutant that "isn't coming back" from the Astonishing X-Men Breakworld arc, but due to that taking 400 years to get published then continuity has become a bit skewed in relation to the other X titles, hence why I haven't read it yet. That, or I just totally missed something.

You're right.

It hasn't happened in any book yet, it's supposed to happen in Giant Size Astonishing X-Men. Thanks for taking so damn long with your drawings, Cassaday! (N)

Cassaday being a slow artist is only HALF the problem. Whedon being a slow as fuck writer does not help.

But if they brought Colossus back just to kill off Kitty, they fucking suck.

Even though I know what happens in each issue thanks to Wikipedia (except for the ones that aren't released yet), I'm hoping when the whole "season" is done with, they'll collect all of them together and release them as a trade paperback. Some of the storylines don't really make that much sense to me, but I haven't read them and Wikipedia only gives a brief synposis of the plot to each one, so maybe the comics actually explain it better.

How is the artwork?

If I remember correctly, the trade is scheduled for a fall release. I wanna say September.

You're right.

It hasn't happened in any book yet, it's supposed to happen in Giant Size Astonishing X-Men. Thanks for taking so damn long with your drawings, Cassaday! (N)

Whedon is a master bullshitter when he wants to be, he's horrid for delays, if he wants to blame Cassaday for that, he can try explain why it also took four months between releases of Runaways as well >_<
Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=170199990838

For anybody interested, I'm selling my Age of Apocalypse TPB set on eBay. The listing is just starting at 99 cents, with no buy it now, and free shipping to anywhere in Canada or the US.

I checked it out, and the cheapest you can buy it anywhere is $85. Hopefully I get at least the price of shipping. :shifty:

The last issue of Runaways came out a few weeks back. I think the final issue is due out next month of his run. Then it's on to Terry Moore, who I can't wait to see write this book.

As for Astonishing, I gave up on it in the monthly form a long time ago. June or July sees the release of the massive trade collecting the entire run. I will buy that.

As for the Angel trade, Amazon will list it.

As for whoever was asking about Marvel books to get, I recommend any of the X Books that came out in April. Great Jumping on points for all books. I also recommend Endangered Species, the prologue to Messiah Complaex. ES is in trade now, and I think MC is released in trade in May.

Secret Invasion I plan to read monthly, marking my first foray into a Marvel crossover event in years. However after the shit that was the last crisis I am sure if I read Final Crisis it will be in trade.