Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to be shrooming. Considering we're only in this position because of some shitty moves in the summer, why does West Ham staying up make more sense than us?

Maybe you misunderstood me. I'm not saying West Ham wouldn't deserve to relegate for their performances - I'm saying the squad they have is too good for that. The likes of Tevez, Neill etc. are leagues away from the best Charlton, Sheffield United, and Watford (and even Wigan/Fulham) could put together

Hey, if we had millions of pounds to throw at players in a desperate bid to dig ourselves out of the huge hole we'd found ourselves in, we'd have a pretty bitching team to.

Except for when you go down....Tevez, Ashton, Neill and Upson will be out the door, and thats just for starters.

You've got to be shrooming. Considering we're only in this position because of some shitty moves in the summer, why does West Ham staying up make more sense than us?

Maybe you misunderstood me. I'm not saying West Ham wouldn't deserve to relegate for their performances - I'm saying the squad they have is too good for that. The likes of Tevez, Neill etc. are leagues away from the best Charlton, Sheffield United, and Watford (and even Wigan/Fulham) could put together

Or maybe they deserve to go down more for not being able to get out of the relegation zone with such a strong squad?

Anyways, I think we're ok now, just Villa away and Wigan at home to go. I think as long as we don't lose the latter, then we'll be fine. Charlton seem screwed and, whilst the pundits reckon it's between West Ham and Wigan, watch out for Fulham. They have the toughest run-in... away to Arsenal, home to Liverpool, away to Middlesbro. They could easily get nothing from that and, with others picking up points here and there, they could easily slip below Wigan/West Ham.

I've been saying for the past few weeks how difficult our run in is, and that we could essentially be the favourites.

But Charlton also have a hard run in, as do West Ham, and I can't see them picking up anymore points, realistically.

Wigan might also have a rough last two games, I can't remember.