Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Top half of the table last year... Relegation fight this year. Definitely better last year. I don't get the fuss, really, they believed he was legible, so they didn't knowingly break the rules, yes they broke them and should be fined for that, an they were - severely. But there's no need to dock points from them, really.

And what was the reason they were illegible, anyway.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaming the signings is a convenient way of looking at things. Of course it's not the fact that West Ham, full of young English players, got complacent and gave it the bertie big bollocks. It's not that the likes of Anton Ferdinand, Reo Coker and Mark Noble - future England stars for sure - aren't actually as good as the media would have you believe.

Nah, it's because they bought two of the most promising young players in the World who have since gone on to play brilliantly, one in a far superior team at a much higher level.

This is where I agree with rockbox and everyone else, they did know they were ineligable, and should be punished with docking of points and relegation accordingly.

EDIT: That was in reference to Starty/Matt etc.

Edited by IAceI

Ah, my bad, I thought West Ham didn't know, well as much as I like them, they should be docked if they did realise they'd broken the rules. And no, I wasn't saying that because of Tevez and Mash the Hammers got worse, I was stating they were better before their arrival.

He stood on his toes, he could have easily stayed on his feet, but like I said most players would have gone down (including me) so I can't really complain. I think it was the correct decision, but I'd prefer if players stayed on their feet in situations like that, though that's not likely to ever happen, so the penalty was deserved.

And Ball's only taking out Ronaldo, so that's fair enough really, I'd do the same.