Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anybody here help me? I went from dominating the Premiership, winning 18 or so games and losing 2 (in 20 games), to a side not being able to win away from home, or now it seems, even scrape a draw. It used to be that I could beat teams home and away with relative ease, but since Christmas I've lost to Reading 4-2, and somebody else shite too, and Ajax tore me apart in the Champions League. At first I thought it was because my tactics were too attacking for an away game, but I went defensive against Reading and actually played better when I changed back to my old tactics.

Do I need to completely overhaul my formation when I play away, or something? I know I can still win at home since I beat West Ham 3-0 before the Reading match.

I hate it when perfectly happy players suddenly get moody about "a lack of first team football" for no obvious reason. Perhaps Mr. Ferreira has just noticed that his contract is up in 10 months' time, the cynical git. But when he has competition in the form of Daniel Alves, Micah Richards (who is now being tutored by John Terry, and a good majority of his stats shot up by 1 or 2 pts in training last month) AND Geremi, I figure he can have his sulk and leave if he wants. ¬_¬

I've managed to make Cudicini happy enough to stick around though. I'm now swapping him and Cech around almost every game. Yay.

I think Carvelho is the next one who's going to get upset though, because Boulahrouz just started being godly all of a sudden and I really can't not-play him. Cock.

Edited by stokeriño

Who uses save game editors? My game crashed and I lost the two final games of the season, I won both of them. I've replayed the first one about four times though and I can't get a win. I just want the same results so I can finish in the same position and get on with the game.

So who can recommend a save game editor so I can ban a few of their players or something.

I'm not cheating, whoever is childish enough to say it.

edit- found one.

Edited by Thomas

Okay Michael Weiner is the worst ref ever.

He sent off two of my players in a Champs League game gave 3 penalties (1 for me, 2 against). All of which were scored, which is another thing I'm yet to see a penalty be missed and I spent years of game time managing in the lower leagues before getting hugely angered at my sides slump and consequential relegation to the Conference.

Anyway we win the game by 3-2 with another 2 goals ruled out for no apparent reason and 9 men! I would like to take this moment to say FUCK YOU MISTER WEINER!

FM hates me getting international jobs it seems. I got the Ireland job last night and as I went to play my first match the game crashed. On FM06 it wouldn't let me accept the same job!

Conspiracy :@

Ok, having won the Champs League, La Liga, the Spanish Super Cup and the European Supercup (but not the Copa Del Rey :@) last season I've been gifted with a £24M transfer budget for the season ahead to invest in my VILLArreal squad. I've decided on bringing in a 'name' striker since Nihat, Forlan and Xisco weren't exactly setting the world alight last season. So in my search for a new, young, name striker I've gotten the following:

Goran Pandev

Gianpaolo Pazzini

Dagoberto

Mirko Vucinic

Carlos Vela

Jesus Navas

Alan Smith

Robin Van Persie

However, I'm not sure which of the bunch I should buy. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Add to that list a Mr. Jermain Defoe.

Edited by Coolex

since about 3/4 years ago i like to sign pazzini as he tends to bang the goals in, i havent had him score less than 15 a season unless he was majorly hampered through injury, and i have signed him for clubs including real sociedad, ac milan and liverpool

I'm in 2010, so maybe I can shed some light on a few of those players.

Goran Pandev moved to Chelsea for £40m something. He's been ok.

Pazzini is Pazzini..no explanation needed, surely?

Dagoberto - I signed him, he knocks in a few goals, but I would go for someone else.

Vucinic played for Wigan, and he was great in the Premiership. Scored 16+ goals in two seasons, moved to Lazio, is valued at £11m.

Carlos Vela - Plays for Arsenal, great wee player - I'd opt for him

Smith plays for Wigan, and he's easily their best player. He's nothing amazing though.

Van Persie is playing in France, but like Smith he isn't standing out as something as a must buy.

Personally, I'd go for Vela, Pazzini or Vucinic.