Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Target Men. Do any of you use them, I have found that with the right player a target man works very well. I signed Samaras for Portsmouth, set his bars to Target Man, set the team instructions to target man. Not only does he score alot of goals, he sets them up too. So i've decided to sign Andrea Caracciollo from Palermo to be my target man for Reading, hopefully it works out as well as with Samaras.

lol at the cheating accusations. LOL.

Anyway, just finished second season in Turkey with Kayserispor, won the league on the last day, Galatasaray have to settle for 3rd, and Besiktas for 6th. Still gotta qualify for the champions league though, which probably won't happen. Might not even matter, I got the same crash as on my Everton game. Game stops, says there's an error and a file put in crashdumps. I hadn't saved for two in game months so I've gotta go through pre season again and hope it doesn't on the same date. Never had a game file corrupt before and now two in a row.

I read what the patch fixed, and it seemed like a list of why my team sucked. Now the game is much more realistic, without the defenders screwing up every pass.

I started my game with Fernandez Vial in the Chilean 2nd league. I'm having more fun that in the english league, probably because I haven't played the english league with new patch though. :shifty: I might start another game in an obscure club somewhere with more leagues.

Also, I got a player worth US$285 for US$16. That's the best bargain I've ever done.

Now I feel totally screwed by this game.

My scouts tell me that I should avoid their forwards getting the ball to their feet, as they shouldn't pose us an aerial threat. First minute of the game, cross, header and goal. Obviously nothing aereal in a header. It sickened me so much I restarted my PC. I can't get a break in this game. I've even used guides about tactics and such. I fucking do everything the scouts tell me to, and I lose. If I don't do what they say, I still lose, or tie anyway. And I'm still favourite in nearly every game, which is fucked up. I don't think I'll be able to play this game for a long time now......

Did you download the latest patch? They dialed down cheating AI for 7.02 :rolleyes:

Armed with the new patch and data update, I've decided to return to my favourite hunting ground, Finland, and rescue a troubled First Division side, get the promoted and then on to European glory, using my tried-and-true method of simming 1/2-3/4 of a season and then taking over at the club in the deepest shit...

Well, I say tried-and-true, it failed miserably once when I took over a team that was mathematically already relegated, but the league table hadn't updated to tell me that >.<

Currently I'm in the 2nd stage of the league, on the promotion side. 2 draws, 2 losses and a win for now. I believe I'm 5th, which I really don't care much about as my I'm safe from relegation so I decided I'll just finish wherever so I can get my new players. Seriously, it seems that I get suspension after suspension, and a few injuries in between, and I only have 2 extra players that don't fit in the bench, so I pretty much go along without a player or 2.

Also got the SAME referee two times in a row, the one with the worst average and he has given 82 yellow cards and 20 red cards during the league. <_<

It's been a while. >_>

So I managed Hull for three seasons, bringing in such football luminaries as Bryan Hughes, Jody Morris and Leroy Lita. Would have been promoted in my first season in charge if M'Boro didn't fucking kill me on penalties in the final. Second season I finished 9th and the third season I completely bombed because Lita wouldn't hit the net and eventually I was sacked. After four days of employment at Conf South Sailsbury City, Kaiserslautern came knocking. The Kaisersluts were in the second division and I've gotten Hannover promoted from there before so I knew what it took, I quickly accepted and off I went. 6 games left in the third season to keep 1FCK out of relegation which I succesfully did, I brought in a few old guard Canadian players and a wicked Canadian youthie who will be a rock in defence for years to come along with a Turkish youthie who was already at Kaiser.

Fourth season (Which is actually 11/12 because I holiday'd 06/07) has started out very well, with my little miracle Nicolas Millan (Yes, this is the rare time I've signed someone who I was aware was good beforehand) has been slotting them in along with magical free transfer Sebastien Deisler. At the winter break we're 6th in the Bundisliga when we were predicted to finish 17th. With 6m to play with for the January window I've been attempting to nab a quality full back, I had a bid for Gareth Bale accepted but the Welsh bastard snubbed me. I've found lesser (Compared to Bale) backs for cheaper and hopefully I'll pick up one. As Klukowski isn't cutting it at left back.

Also, has anyone else noticed (whilst managing a German side) that players of high calibre treat Germany as a plagued wasteland if you're not one of the top teams? I find it hard to get any name player to get into actual contract demands, or even "keep his options open", it's all snubs. Hell, Beckham and Raul would rather retire then play at least one season in the Bundesliga. Hopefully my good run of form continues and I manage to snag a European spot when at the start of the season I expected a relegation battle. Millan has wanted out all season but when I tell him he's being forced to stay he quiets up, Chelsea are in the interested slot though so I've pumped the asking price to 60m. Since I know Roman has the cash.

Plymouth were taken over by a Tycoon in the first season and have spent 78m in the five years of play so far, too bad they're still in the Championship though. They always float in playoff spots but can never get the job done come finals time. I've been keeping my eye on that job if it opens up, as I'm not exactly loyal to Kaiserslatuern. Just some of the players that I've nurtured here like Chris Pitts (The Canadian youthie) and Mesut Yurkadul (Turkish youthie) as they both are fucking awesome center backs.

Ended 4th in the league by beating the team that was 1 point ahead of me. I finished 3rd in the playoff, which isn't too bad considering that for some reason both teams from 1st division were underachievers...

Anyway, I finally got all the players I bought. With my new additions, I beat the teams that finished 4th and 5th in 1st division in friendlies, so I'm feeling good about getting promoted this season. Even if the striker I bought is so cocky the fans are concerned about his effect on the team. :shifty:

Imagine my surprise when I went into my local pawn shop the other day and found the game there for $7. YOINK!

So I'm playing as Man U just to get the hang of things. Saha sucks balls. That is all.