Football Manager 2007

Dan

Yeah it was like that for me too when I had my Everton career, but when that game bust I started a new game in Turkey as Kayserispor and the option to go to the England team and find it that way didn't work anymore. It also didn't work if I went to the Turkish team. So I can't get to it anywhere....

And am using default skin.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think maybe the stuff Thomas is talking about got removed in the patches caus I remember it being there before but began to notice it's absecne after patching.

Hiring staff has always been really, really easy in my experience, so you could probably just sign him as soon as you arrived. :P

Woo, signed Leon Knight for £35k. I've decided that if I come across any other Chelsea rejects who I can afford, I'll try to sign them. Just as a sort of game within the game, you see. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

Bajon + Thiago Riberio = :wub:

We're pretty much killing everyone we play against. We went in 1-0 to Mantova not long ago and came back to win 3 -1, we thumped Lecce 6-0, we're just scoring for fun most of the time. Bajon wasn't supposed to even go straight into my first team, but Drogba got injured and won't be back till the run in at the end of the season. Bajon and Thiago with Totti just behind them is working wonders though.

Is it Bajon? Since I know of an extremely good striker from Barcelona I believe called Bojan. Is that him? Or is this someone else?

That guy may be good but fuck him, flipped me off for Valencia when I was Aston Villa because I wouldn't match his pay demands ... i was £1000 short =(

Fuck Man United. Fuck them. They're absolute cunts and I hate them. In real life and on the game. I think in six seasons I've beaten them maybe once. Their team isn't even that good. It's good, but it's not so good that they should beat me every single time we've played. I've tried all sorts of tactics against them but to no avail. They just beat me in the FA Cup Final, after knocking me out in the Champs League semi-final in a game I should've won easily (something like 80% passes completed, 18 shots on target, 68% possession). They beat me in the League Cup Final a couple of years back as well. This brings the total of cup finals I've been in to four, I believe, and I haven't won any of them.

Still, at least I won the Premiership this year. Fourteen points clear, and that's after playing my last four games with my second-string side. Now the season's finally over and I can have fun in the transfer window :D

Paul Anderson's been disappointing in the past four or so seasons I've been playing him, despite having all the potential in the world, so he's leaving on a free. Kompany stopped me beating Chelsea 3-0 with my second-string, they scored three goals past me, all through his errors, and he finished the game on a 2! The lowest I've ever had a player get is a 4. A 2 is something else. So Kompany's leaving too. I'll probably replace him with Franchi next season so there's no need to buy anybody there.

But I'll need a right winger replacement for Anderson because Ameobi isn't good enough to support Quaresma yet. Speaking of Quaremsa, he started off poor but turned his season around and finished with an awesome average rating. I'm looking at Aaron Lennon, and if I get him I'll rotate him with Quaresma. I'm still unsure about him, though, because when I worked with him for England he was incosistent. So a right winger will be my main item of business this summer.

Thiago Riberio scored his first goal in about 5 games to match Totti's record goals tally of twenty-seven from the previous season; then he gets injured and is out for 3 weeks! So I don't have him or Bojan when I'm playing Chelsea and Lahm is down with a virus! However Drogba is back!

I've gone on a spree of signing youth players. I've got a 2million rated 16 year old German Maik Noll from Stuttgart (I think) and I'm chasing another German Christopher Preuß, who is dubbed "The next Jurgen Klinsmann", which I'm sure means he will go on to dive a lot, play for Spurs twice, live in America whilst coaching Germany, be hated for it, do well in a World Cup and quit. I'm basically attempting to sign any talented under 18 year old I can find.

Speaking of talented youths, my Ireland Under 21s have been drawn in Group B of the 2010 Euros with England, Italy. I've not had many games with them but I've only lost once in a friendly vs. Brazil Under 23s. Most recently we defeated Iceland 3-2 in a friendly. We coped well dispite losing some players to injury (my first choice CM appears to be out for the rest of the season, yay!) and others to being too old to play for us. Though Roma starlet Connor Clifford did get one of our goals despite playing horribly for Sheffield United in his recent games, he's not had a good season there. :(

Incidentally, Sam Allardyce's job at Stoke has been under threat all season, things aren't going well for him or Bolton (they're in League One!). I just find it funny that every so often I see it come up about him.

People at SI said it had been removed in the patch. So are you not on the latest patch, rockbox?

What is the point of asking a question on here if you're just going to disregard the answer you get and just run to SI?