Football Manager 2007

Dan

It's a case however, I find, of gelling. If you constantly change tactics, it doesn't give the team time enough to find their style or work well together. Leave it as it is though and they begin to gel and understand each other.

I find that's not a problem if you fiddle with individual instructions as well. I change my tactics almost every game, especially with my midfield. I've never found gelling to be a problem.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can become a players favorite personnel, but you can't earn anyone. I don't think you can change your favorite clubs either.

I couldn't resist selling my turkish wonderkid. He went to Chelsea for $19.5m and a 50% sell-on clause.

I also bought a relly good dutch striker for $17.5m. Hopefully he'll become another Marozzi. And I finally got Carvalho from Chelsea, too.

Does anyone know if it's possible for the user to gain favoured personnel and clubs? Obviously there's the team you pick at the start but is that it? Also, can clubs start listing you as their favoured personnel? I know players can but haven't seen it with clubs.

Actually, I think you can, but you can't see them, in my current Workington game, I've gained a small amount of scouting knowledge for France, just after Jean-Michel Sigere was voted Workington's player of the year.

I've had it for Nigeria aswell during a Newcastle game from Martins

My Nigeria side dominated the whole game against Lethonia, getting a whole bunch of shots. I only managed to win 2-0. I can't believe their luck(and their god-like keeper). We hit the post 3 or 4 times, had the ball cleared of the line twice and got 10 shots blocked by the keeper. The fans got on my back for not winning by more, but some spokesperson said it was good performance and they all had to shut their mouths.

Makes me wonder how Given can suck so much. >_>

CSL as in Central Soccer League in Canada?

You can't.

Canadian Soccer League, But i'm guessing you cant anyway.

Oh and i lost 8-0 to Chivas (Mexico) as New England Revolution, I was going fine untill then, Smashing my Q Final opponet and soundly beating LA in the MLS and then bam i get thumped 8-0 before winning 1-0 in the 2nd leg and now im drawing and loosing MLS matches left, Right and Center, I'm confused and now everythings gone downhill, Two of my players want out, So what the hell is going on? What has caused my team to go downhill so hard and so fast?

CSL as in Central Soccer League in Canada?

You can't.

Canadian Soccer League, But i'm guessing you cant anyway.

Oh and i lost 8-0 to Chivas (Mexico) as New England Revolution, I was going fine untill then, Smashing my Q Final opponet and soundly beating LA in the MLS and then bam i get thumped 8-0 before winning 1-0 in the 2nd leg and now im drawing and loosing MLS matches left, Right and Center, I'm confused and now everythings gone downhill, Two of my players want out, So what the hell is going on? What has caused my team to go downhill so hard and so fast?

I would imagine such a severe beating has ruined your players morale, try raising it by being positive towards your team for the next few matches, also, winning helps :P

So I've just taken over at Spurs. I quit Liverpool due to my never winning and holidayed until I got offered the Tottenham job. A nice big 33m transfer budget to spend, but sadly it's February now so I'll have to wait until the Summer to gain any other players.

They have a pretty good, though in some departments aging, squad, and I've no idea how they managed to sink to 14th. Jol leaving Spurs and me leaving Liverpool leaves Mark Hughes as the longest-serving manager at a club in the Premiership by about 5 seasons. Just a useless fact there. Actually, Arsene Wenger owns him in terms of duration, but since he left Arsenal for Sevilla and spent a few seasons there before going back, he doesn't count >_>

Oh, and thankfully I'm reunited with TOMASSO "THE PRODIGY" FRANCHI! Thank God. He's been the most interesting part of my career for ages. And since I have a new club now, here's the ideal starting line-up for me for the rest of the season, though I have more than a few injuries holding me back:

GK: Paul Robinson... though he's injured for two months, so I'm going to have to play their next best keeper... Frank Rost, who they bought a season ago from Schalke... who's 39. Their other keepers are shocking.

DR: Emmanuel Eboue! I swear he's been to every club in the world on this game. For back-up I have Lawrence Oldfield, a Man United regen who spent four seasons on loan before joining Spurs this season for 800k. His stats are all over the place. He's only 20 so he'll still improve, but at the moment he has awesome stats like tackling, positioning and teamwork, but shocking anticipation. Oh, and they're both injured for my first game, so I'm going to have to start with a duff formation. Great.

DL: Royston Drenthe, whose stats aren't all that good, but he's the best I've got at the moment. It's between him and Reto Ziegler, with his 10 tackling. I'm gonna have to do a lot of rebuilding in the Summer.

DC: I have King, Dawson and Franchi to choose from here. King's 32 so it's time to gradually start phasing him out of the team, where Franchi will slot in nicely. I've got a good 20 year-old regen called Andy Howell as well, and he'll be nice support for Dawson and Franchi for seasons to come, until Dawson's too old to perform himself, and Howell gets his time.

MR: Aaron Lennon's still there, with Steed Malbranque as back up (though he's injured and 33). I'll just have to hope Lennon doesn't injure himself, or I'll have to play Eboue on the right wing when he's fit again in two weeks.

ML: This position's basically sorted. I've got Tuncay, who's 31, playing there at the moment, but once he's too old, Piotr Trochowski will play there well, hopefully.

MC: This is the tough position. I have Huddlestone and Steven Davis, with Jorge Hernandez and Emerse Fae having been bought as well. The trouble is, none of them are particularly attack-minded and that's an issue, as I like to have one defensive central midfielder and one attacking central midfielder.

FC: Got an ageing Robbie Keane (who's no longer any good), an aging Berbatov and an aging Jermaine Defoe up front with Falcao, who's absolutely awesome. I had plans to sign him as Liverpool but decided I probably shouldn't, because I already had a lot of strikers. I'll probably rotate Berba and Defoe alongside Falcao.

So there you go, the Spurs side of 2013. Hope this works out well :shifty:

Yeah, I bought it. :shifty:

I've just drubbed Newcastle 3-1 on the opening day of the season thanks to Berbatov, and also Peter Ramage being a twit and heading a corner into his own net. D'oh. Trying not to go overboard with wacky signings, just a few big ones - Sebastian Kehl from Dortmund, somebody called Farfan as a left winger, and a guy from Czech-land called Sjrna as a utility wingback. Plus some Scottish teenager as a training prospect. Lost Gareth Bale to Fulham of all people, 'cos they just wanted him on loan and I'm a tight bastard. More than £2.5 million for a teenager? Good day, sir.

Given all of the money they have, Chelsea make some stupid-ass signings in this game.

My Southampton side is kicking ass. We've qualified to the Champions League knockout stages on the first time of asking. We had;

Ajax, FC Kobenhavn and Leverkusen in our group, and man do Leverkusen suck. Played 5 lost 5. So we are away to Ajax, but we're already through so thats good.

We have Liverpool in the quarter final of the League Cup, away, so that will be tough as Liverpool under Lippi have been alright, down in 5th.

We are 3rd and Aguero is starting to find his way in squad. He's my top scorer and has made the most assists. Owen and Sturridge haven't played that many, mostly rotating because I'm playing Aguero alongside Vela.

Packo Aysteran is a cunt! I let him take control of my friendlys and then he took control of Roma's tour of the US. We beat the MLS Rising Stars 6-0 after that I got loads of messages about how the players were unhappy about the way the manager talks to them on match day! And Colloccini wants to leave, I tried to fire him (Aysteran) but it's been blocked.

Simming the game world a year, taking over Reading and finding out Sidwell went to newly promoted Leeds on a free? Two swear words

Kitson and Doyle being consistantly injured leaving Leroy Lita to bag most of the goals? Somewhat annoying

Signing that gypsy bastard Freddy Eastwood to be your savior? Priceless (If you don't count the (poundssignthingy)3.5m paid for him)

For some things in life there's swear words, for others there is Gypsy strikers.