Football Manager 2007

Dan

Hurah for in the space of 2 or 3 weeks doing the following:

Winning Serie A by 14 points!

Winning the UEFA Cup by defeating HSV 2-1 at the Stade Velodrome!

Winning the Coppa Italia by defeating Lazio!

Even with Klaus Jan Huntelaar (who scored 36 goals for us in his first season) being injured and playing a second string team for the rest of the reason we didn't lose any of our last few games.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyway guys, how are the games going?

Not too bad for me with my Southampton side, actually not bad at all. We've played 13 in the Premiership and won 12. Funny that because our loss was the second game of the season, home to newly promoted Doncaster.

Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool have all been pushed aside.

A shameful shameful cheap plug.

I love it.

Does anyone know when FM08 is coming out? It better be before christmas, i really wanna own it, i never got this years and there's no point now.

Edited by Lost Soul

I'm thinking of giving it one last shot with Luton, if it doesn't work this time I give up with them until FM 07, we've not not been relegated in any of the games I've played as them. Even with bundles of money, nothing happens, hard work. If anyone can do better with them, please tell me how.

Not doin too badly as Hearts, think I'm in my 4th season in and I'm in a position to be challenging for the SPL title, being 2 points behind Rangers just going into January. Was up shit creek going into the season, as I figured I'd be in a great position until the bloody chairman Romanov accepted an £8m bid for Roman Bednar on my behalf and off he went. He was pretty much the only person scoring goals last season that was still with us (had 4 strikers the previous season, Bednar (now gone), Freddy Eastwood (good, but injured for most of it, only 5 goals), Juho Makela (wouldn't resign) and Francis Jeffers (was crap, only 2 goals, so let go)). So I figured I would build around Eastwood, had a couple of promising youngsters in the reserves I could promote and needed one more... so I used £7m of my £8m to by Tomas Pekhart from Spurs. 20 year old Czech player, everyone seemed to be after him and he did look good.

Now half a season in, Pekhart has established himself as far and away the best player on the team, with goals and man of the match awards coming out of his ass. Eastwood is a moany bitch, claiming I should show some respect to someone of his calibre and my 2 ex-reserves are coming along nicely, bagging a good few goals between them and giving Eastwood a run for his money as the second striker. In fact, they seem to be on a 3 man rotation, with Eastwood coming out worst, so I may try to sell him if I can - I've got Shane Long at Reading as my next target if I do.

Hope that made sense, I'm tired. >_>

Just picked up a save qith Benfica, i'm already in February of 2007. My team is turning to be great, with Ñiguez, Leyrielton, Omar and Dabao leading the new scene, and Rui Costa, Simão and Moreira being the top dogs.

Currently standing in 2nd, one point behind Porto, with the next game being Benfica vs Porto. In the UEFA Cup, i'm facing Wigan in the 2 round.

My team currently his

GK- Nereu/Moreira (rotate a lot)

RB- Leyrielton/Zoro

CB- David Luiz

CB- Sreten Stretenovis

DMF- Balazic/Petit/Diego Souza

RMF- Fábio Coentrão

LMF- Simão

AMF- Kaz Patafta/ Rui Costa

FC- Oscar Cardozo/ Yu Daboa

FC- Ñiguez/Andrade

So I pick up Costacurta on a free to teach some kids and be a occasional player, first month of play is done and apparently he kicked some ass.

Yeah not really, check that massive avg rating.

shittymonthyd0.png

Completely out of the blue I was offered the Barca job....I thought about it for a week before thinking "What the hell, I've pretty much made Serie A my bitch by now anyway". So I'm off to La Liga and I've taken Vanden Borre from Milan and Thiago Riberio (my former Roma ace) with me, I'm also on a selling spree because that's what I do offloading the oldies and the guys I don't really want (eg. Essien, Tevez, Hargreaves...not that they're not good, they just don't fit for what I want).

They don't fit because, they're not players I want, world class or not I'd prefer what they cost to them on the squad at this point. I'd rather sell them, up my money for transfers and bring in players that I want rather than keep players I don't really want - no matter who they are.

Wooo, just got perhaps my greatest ever FM win. I'm playing as MK Dons in League 2, currently top of the League and end up being drawn home against Manchester United in the FA Cup. That game comes, we go 1-0 down but fight back to finish 1-1. That's not the greatest win though, because I then won the replay 3-1 at Old Trafford. I even told the boys I expected them to win pre-match. Izale McLeod scored after three minutes, we kept them at bay till just after half time when Evra fired one in off the keeper to make it 1-1. Then with ten minutes left Owen Price (my signing from GIF Sundvill or whatever they're called) got played through and rattled one past Van Der Sar into the top corner for 2-1. In the 87th minute Van Der Sar tried to make amends by coming up for a corner with his Man Utd team-mates. Bad idea, the ball popped out to McLeod who nailed it in off the post from the half way line. I don't think i've celebrated so much in ages, probably since I got promoted to the Prem with Forest by beating Derby in the Playoff final.

Here's my current Don's team anyway. Just got promoted to League 1 with 100 points :D

(4-4-2):

1. Neil Cutler (Free Transfer)

2. Gareth Edds

3. Andrew Nicholas (£23k from Swindon)

6. Will Antwi - (£7k from Wycombe)

15. Chris Willmott - (£20k from Oxford United)

8. Jon Paul McGovern

18. Lloyd Dyer

12. Colin Cameron

14. Dominic Blizzard

9. Owen Price (£95k from GIF)

10. Izale McLeod

Just won the World Club Championship, easiest tournament about.

Get Real Madrid in the knock out stages of the Champions League, we put them out in the very same round last year so it will be interesting.

We were nearly out of the Champions League in the group stage, defending champions and all so that would have been some upset. Fenerbache needed a draw with Bayern for both teams to go through, but Sobis scored for Bayern in the 81st minute and we went through.

I finally played this game, My spurs were second all season before a late season slump on the part of Berbatov, Keane, Defoe...and well, all my strikers (except CROUCHALDINHO~!) saw us slip to third. I got offered the Australian national job after one season.

This season, I knocked back Liverpool's $10million offer for Aaron Lennon because, well, obvs you keep Lennon. But then he started arking up about not being let go, so, seeing the writing on the wall, I couldn't sell him for 15mill, but Liverpool ended up taking him for 12.

So my question is - What's a good sell price for Lennon? Did I do OK?

I finally played this game, My spurs were second all season before a late season slump on the part of Berbatov, Keane, Defoe...and well, all my strikers (except CROUCHALDINHO~!) saw us slip to third. I got offered the Australian national job after one season.

This season, I knocked back Liverpool's $10million offer for Aaron Lennon because, well, obvs you keep Lennon. But then he started arking up about not being let go, so, seeing the writing on the wall, I couldn't sell him for 15mill, but Liverpool ended up taking him for 12.

So my question is - What's a good sell price for Lennon? Did I do OK?