Football Manager 2007

Dan

Also, there seems to be a bug with the Non-Promotion Release Clause. Two of my players had one, and it said the clauses had been activated, but they never got released, and I just offered them new contracts without the clause and they accepted :/

IIRC, similar with the Relagation Release clause, there is a monetary value attached to it. If you don't get promoted/get relegated, the clause gets activated, meaning that any team can come in and buy the players for said amount of money, and you can't reject the bid. Naturally, if no-one comes in, you can just offer them a new contract and that solves that....as you did.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who makes the frigging fixture lists?

First four games of the season are Tottenham, Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool - the four Champions League teams. I could've got a point against Chelsea had Paul Ifill not skied it with an open goal in front of him and Paddy Kenny hadn't decided to run a mile out and get himself tackled by Lampard. :crying: So much for a good start to the season.

Also, there seems to be a bug with the Non-Promotion Release Clause. Two of my players had one, and it said the clauses had been activated, but they never got released, and I just offered them new contracts without the clause and they accepted :/

IIRC, similar with the Relagation Release clause, there is a monetary value attached to it. If you don't get promoted/get relegated, the clause gets activated, meaning that any team can come in and buy the players for said amount of money, and you can't reject the bid. Naturally, if no-one comes in, you can just offer them a new contract and that solves that....as you did.

Edited by Cap'n Jean-Luc Picaaaarghd

After clearing up the mess left by David Moyes at Everton, who were 18th when I took over in January, we managed to finish in an alright 13th place, drawing at Anfield and Old Trafford.

Strengthened in the summer by bringing in Solskaer and Denilson on loan from Man Utd and Arsenal, as well as Ben Foster (United; £2.1m), Nicky Shorey (Reading; £2.8m) and Mendieta (Borough; £775k). I wanted to sign Tim Howard on a permanant deal but he didn't want to join (so he's now rotting in the Man Utd reserves), and Foster's now my #1 'keeper after a strong season with relegated Watford.

Also managed to keep both Arteta and Johnson, with Johnson being consistently linked with Middlesbrough who are now being bankrolled by a Chinese board of directors making them the 6th richest club in the country.

First game of the season was a derby match at Anfield (thankyou fixture computer!), but after being forced to use Solskaer earlier than I'd liked because of Beattie's injury he scored the winner in the 71st minute to give us the win. We were hanging on at the end after Tony Hibbert got himself sent off, but Foster was immense picking up the MotM with a 10 rating.

The media reckon we're going to finish in the same place as last season, but I think that we can push on for a top six finish.

I'd be in favor, except, my internet connection blows. But we could try.

Also. I told 9 to 5 this over MSN, but my top 3 strikers at Oxford are all out with injuries. It's so frustrating, they need to patch this. I'm still winning and am on top of the table (+13 goal differential after 5 matches), but there's only so much my midfielders can do. Especially if they go down with injuries.

You think you've got problems? I'm Everton, in the Championship, after Moyes reet fucked things up.

Beattie - Out for two months

McBride - Out for two months

McFadden - Out for three months

Johnson - Out for six bastard months.

Which leaves me with Sutton and Anichebe up front for a couple of months, unless I get this young Argie for £9m. <_<

Oh, I sold Cahill for £14m. It was just too much to turn down.

I'd be up for a network game though. I can run it if no-one else wants to/someone tells me how :shifty:

Edited by The Second Stage Turbine Blade

So I started a game as Crewe and things are going ok. It's a bit of a thin squad and Billy Jones and David Vaughan want out, probably on bosmans, but it's not going too bad.

Except for that unfortunate but thrilling blip at Leyton Orient where we lose 7-4 and have two men sent off.