Football Manager 2007

Dan

OK, the new patch is a killer. I'd hear about some contract bug in OFT but it seemed to be uncommon enough. Then I offered Tevez a new contract, which he rejected because I tried to drop a few grand off his demands, and suddenly he's a free agent when he had a year left on his contract before! The fucker's gone off to Real Madrid and I'm enraged. Been forced to reinstall the game and start a new save, since this game is now irreparably fucked. Grrr.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Following the release of 7.0.1 yesterday a number of you have discovered a contract bug which, under the right conditions, can result in the length of the player's contract changing when they reject a contract offer.

Note: This bug ONLY affects contract renewals.

Firstly, our apologies to anyone who has experienced this bug.

We have been spending the day analysing why it happens and hope to have a fix out for you at some point early next week.

Until we are in a position to release this updated patch, we are hereby telling you the exact conditions under which this bug appears so that you can stop it affecting you in your game.

Workaround

In short if you offer the player exactly what he wants and accepts then this bug will not occur.

In response to offering a lower weekly wage than he is currently on, I would advise against this until the new patch is out.

Cause

You would need to offer the player a weekly wage that is either equivalent or greater than his desired weekly wage.

You would also have to offer him a contract offer that is unnacceptable to him due to another factor in the contract offer, such as appearance fee/goal bonus/signing on fee etc.

Then the contract offer you have offered him is worse than the current contract he is on overall.

This would result in the player rejecting the contract offer and a possibility of his existing contract end date being either increased or decreased.

Thanks,

Francis Cole

I started playing as Basingstoke.

That's right, BASINGSTOKE. ¬_¬

I only had 15 squad members to start with, and £0 transfer funds. However I was £1,000 under my wage budget, so I was able to sign some guys on a free and loan some others.

1 point from 4 games.

Cock.

Also, my best striker (one of my signings), Miguel Del Souza, broke his spine in training and decided to retire.

Double cock.

I've pissed off the board by saying that I want to leave Bohemians to manage Mullingar Town (which is a step down in divisions). I have several reasons 1) Mullingar is pretty local to me in reality 2) Boh's despite being one of the richer clubs in the Irish league have reverted to Semi-Pro status 3) I want to see if I can get that job.

So screw them! I got them to the League Cup final damnit!

Broke his spine? Holy shit, never seen that one.

Well, technically the wording was slightly different, but it sounds broken to me. :shifty:

The news that Miguel De Souza will be out for 8 months has come as a massive shock to Basingstoke fans.

The 34 year old striker sustained a damaged spine during a training session and is unlikely to play much of a part in the team's drive for success.

Basingstoke striker Miguel De Souza is on the verge of retirement following his recent damaged spine.

De Souza fears the problem, even when healed, may no longer allow him to cope with the rigours of professional football and is reluctantly considering ending his spell at The Camrose.

Surely someone has to have dropkicked him in the back or something. ¬_¬ I'm sending him off to surgery to see what that does.

Does anyone know how the game decides on which nations will host World Cups? Obviously South Africa's hard-wired into the game, but what about 2014 or 2018? I'm wanting to do a Cube diary about Australia hosting the World Cup, and want to know if there's anything I can do to ensure Australia gets the nod.

In the process of slowly but surely steering Leeds back into the Premier League at the moment, which is hard given their financial situation and shite roster. Ian Harte's been a revelation for me, as has a recently free transfered Thomasz Radzinski (sp?)

Well, getting owned by MK Dons in the 1st round of the FA Cup was fun. I did make a vast amount of money from the qualifying rounds to get there though (and by 'vast', I mean in Basingstoke terms, so about £25k). Plus a neat little sum of £10k from the gate sales in MK's stadium. Nonetheless, a scoreline of 4-1 was unnecessarily harsh.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/...91/m/9572022182

We are happy to announce that a patch for Football Manager 2007 is now available for download.

Fix list

For a list of fixes, please check our changelist

In addition to the above fixes, the new ones relevant to this updated build are as follows.

- Fixed problem when in rare circumstances a players contract end date would change when rejecting a contract

- Fixed crash in network game when client selects 'Domestic' in a national team squad screen

- Fixed crash in MLS due to contracts being offered twice

- Fixed problem with certain clubs kits not being displayed correctly

- Fixed random freeze when processing

- Fixed player rejecting contract due to contract length when they were offered the contract they required

- Fixed coach rejecting contract when they were offered the terms they asked for

- Fixed rare instance of player not accepting or rejecting a contract offer

- Co-ownership deals are now no longer always accepted after being negotiated

- Players are now less likely to accept a wage drop

- Added a few smaller contract tweaks

- Staff are now less likely to accept shorter contract lengths on the same wage

Editor

- Added Feeder Clubs

- Added read only unique id fields

- Added Is Covered and Has Undersoil Heating fields to Stadium Panel

- Fixed not being able to enter negative club balances

- Fixed swapping between Ascended/Descended sorting

- Number fields now auto select all text when tabbing to them

- Swapping two teams will now also swap their nation

In order to get the update, please click the check for updates button inside the game.

Good to see they've added feeder clubs, as that was a feature I was frustrated at not being able to edit. I downloaded the patch the other day - just got to get it from my work computer to my home one.

Anyone know where I can get the patch without using the 'check for updates' button? I don't have the internet on my games PC (yet)

Also, anyone know if they're going to fix the colour recognition on kits? I'm playing as Peterbrough ATM and any time a play a team that wears blue, we're BOTH wearing blue. Which is as confusing as fuck.