The Sports Betting thread

Liam

New betting site 666bet.com are giving odds of 1966/1 on England winning the World Cup to the first 1966 people to sign up and claim it.

Only real catch is that you must deposit a tenner or more, can only bet a quid on it, and it can't be each way or part of an acca.

Oh, and the offer only applies to bets placed on England, so you're effectively giving them money. :shifty:

Worth noting anyway!

• Like 1

What are your World Cup bets then, lads?

Got money on Argentina at 4/1.

6 Group winners picked, left the England and Colombia groups alone.

Then an acca of Brazil, Spain, Chile, Uruguay, Ivory Coast, France and Belgium, which pays a kind 21/1.

Let's see.

I too have Argentina down to win too e/w.

I am doing two top goalscorers bets, only done my outside bet of Yaya Toure at 150/1 e/w so far. Not picked my main contender yet.

South Korea to make the second round and then go out.

And a Skybet special I did ages ago, where an European team qualifies from each group at 39/1.

Dunno if I have enough confidence to bet an outright winner but if I were it'd be Argentina or Germany probably.

Intrigued to bet Ivory Coast and England as group winners, though that's because the odds favor me not the bookie.

If I can do the accumulated group winners on bet365, might take a stab at that just for great odds.

Looking at betting Brazil double result tomorrow was at roughly 1.80 all week.

Had a £2 freebet, stuck it on England at 28/1 because it's not money I ever had to lose anyway.

Predicted the first 14 games of the World Cup (minus England/Italy) and bet £1, which could net me nearly £6,000 ( :w00t:) if I get lucky.

Aguero and Fred for my top scorer bets.

Might put a tenner on the Argies to win the cup too, not sure yet.

• Like 1

For sake of conversation, is this thread specifically just for football? Or can I list my plays in other sports here daily as well? Doesn't really matter just wondering, I guess other sports belong in those threads though not much chatter about gambling going...

Awesome, well anyways... I made like 40 bucks today despite a bad day in MLB and splitting my NHL bets 1/2 (missed the side, hit the under 5), because I got a $5 4 team MLB parlay (Philies, Reds, Brewers, and A's)

Put this in as a fuck around $2 bet for all the group winners

Anyone have any plays on the first game tomorrow? Or second day? Maybe a draw? Really like football betting as the draw factor gives you a lot more wiggle room with the odds and the bookies juice. Don't like much in tomorrow's game other than perhaps double result (half/full time) for Brazil as I had mentioned earlier. Is over 2.5 do able? I figured that Brazil might come out strong and score 2/3 themselves, though I know nothing of either sides strengths and weaknesses overall. Gonna do my research for that match-up tomorrow.

I think I've actually gone for the same group winners bet as you, though I stuck it on as a goliath (doubles, trebles etc).

I've also got a few daft high stakes ones like Eminike each way top scorer, though Fred's odds were decent too. I'll probably do an outright winner at some point, Germany I guess. Seems odd that Spain are almost being written off.

• Like 1

Tenner on Germany to win at 13/2. Each way on Fred to win the Golden Boot at 20/1.

Also got a free five pound bet from PaddyPower for the Brazil/Croatia game, stuck it on a scorecast, 3-1 to Brazil with Fred scoring first.

1.50 on Higuain at 20/1 top goalscorer. Neymar at 10/1,

4.00 on Klose at 40/1, Suarez 18/1

Also put on several 4 folds on for top goalscorers of each country which gives ridiculous odds. A pound and you can win several hundred quid. Got a pound on each one

Kalou, Dzeko, Rooney. Robben

Benzema, Muller, Costa, Boateng

Samaras, Cacedo, Etoo, Son Heung Mim]

Olic, Musa, Shaqiri, Dzeko

Altidore, Honda, Sanchez, Peralta

Martinez, Balotelli, Hazard, Higuain

Ronaldo, Dzagoev, Fred, Sturridge

Then got 2 pound on Germany to win and Suarez Golden Boot at 100/1

4 pound on Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany semi finalists at 20/1

Had some free bets so thought i'd use them. Should win some money back though, feeling quietly confident.

So far I've done Aguero Top Goalscorer for a quid at 14/1, which seemed very generous, and stuck a quid on my dark horse, Belgium, since they were 14/1. Not expecting that to win, but would be a nice surprise.

Already turned a profit though, stuck a pound on 3-1 last night at 8/1 and Oscar was my hero :D

I'm tempted to go Hernandez First Goalscorer and Mexico to win 2-0 later, think the odds are 40/1 or something like that.

Knew I should have gone with the lower odds on Neymar first scorer on my Scorecast instead of Fred :-/

But he scored the 2nd goal....

Unless bookies pay for the 2nd scorer after an OG is scored, I don't really know.

So far I've done Aguerio Top Goalscorer for a quid at 14/1, which seemed very generous.

Fixed. :P
  • Like 1