The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Ghana @ 2.50, $25 to return $62.50

Ouch.

Only bet I had yesterday was doubling my money on Germany, which brought me back to breaking even for the tournament so far.

Yeah unfortunately I slept through the Germany game this morning, hadn't bet much at all this past weekend as I was busy.

Lost two baseball plays by 1 runs tonight as well, oh well. It happens.

Did a few bets today, first of the world cup!

€5 on Hazard anytime and Belgium win & Neymar anytime and Brazil win double

€10 on Belgium, Brazil and Russia treble

€10 Portugal, Bonia, England, Spain and Belgium all to qualify for the knockouts

Honduras, Iran and Greece to not score and Muller to be German top scorer 66/1.

Yes I made a panic bet after Costa has been shit for Spain. Altidore done his hamstring in and a lack of faith in players for my 4 fold top goalscorers.

Edited by DavidMarrio

• 1 month later...

Leyton Orient (so I can blame Myke) and an outside bet on Stevenage. Each way, £7.50 altogether, was about £1200 back until I clicked each way when it gave up working it out, so lots. Keeps things interesting.

I'm not sure we are going to piss the league as I imagine but I'm sure we're gonna be up there. Bit nervous, to be honest. When I look at the squad it looks strong in almost every position especially if McAnuff is going to play on the wing. McAnuff and Cox on the wings? Oh boy, that is tasty.

• 2 weeks later...

New season!

Ok, the PL started last week but there was no point posting a thread. Had a £2 acca that died after the very first match. Can you guess which? <_<

Got a few 7 team accumulators on today, plus a BTTS bet. Only included United in one of them.

I'll put any considerable winnings over the next few weeks towards my Ryder Cup bets next month.

Shamelessly stolen from elsewhere, I think this could be a good game for us gamblers and the low stakes won't send anyone to the poor house.

Here are the rules:

1) £2 Initial Stake
2) Minimum odds of 1/1 (evens)

3) Doubles are allowed, combined odds must be over 1/1 (evens)

4) Bets will take place on Friday to Sunday, and then Monday to Thursday
5) Thread ends when everyone who started in the first round is knocked out
6) You can only have one go, so choose wisely

Please post your bets in the following format:

Selection:
Stake:
Odds:
Returns:

Round 1 will start at 11:59PM Friday, bets can be placed on any event that is listed on the oddschecker.com website and starts between midnight on Friday and 11.59PM on Sunday night.

Anyone up for it? :shifty:

Season 1 Winner - 9 to 5

Season 2 Winner - Stok