The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Me and a mate are each operating an account betting on multiple sports. Mine has been having a nice run of late, in terms of dollars:

22nd Sep: Placed $10 on Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Stanford and Florida. Paid off for $31.76. That left me with a spare $2.10 in my account which I turned into $4.01 with Spurs over Norwich.

Next day lost $5 on a Patriots/Seahawks/Broncos/Vikings NFL selection because Minnesota somehow lost to Cleveland. Dropped another $4 to Georgia Tech against Virginia Tech on the 27th, but came through big time on the 29th with South Carolina/Oregon State/Duke/Stanford, turned $15 into $37.36.

Lastly had a spare $1.15 yesterday which I put on the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks but the Oilers blew a lead late in the game and cost me that. So only 3-3 in bets, but a total of 37.25 was bet and I've made a return of $73.13, so about a $35 profit over the last two weeks.

Also right now I have pending a Washington Capitals/Boston Bruins/UCLA Bruins multi paying over 3-1.

Been trying to turn £10 into £100 today by just doing small bets. Must have won at least 12 bets of over 0.5 goals at silly odds like 1/16. Had over 2.5 goals in the Chelsea game which boosted my funds a bit. Just won over 1.5 goals in the Wigan/Blackburn game to get me to £74.14, and I've put all that on a double for over 0.5 goals in both the Arsenal and Spurs games. If it wins I'll have £87.02! Not bad off a tenna and it's made the day go quicker as well. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone doing an acca tonight might want to put Orient on it, away at Bristol and I reckon we've got that one in the bag.

Any tips for tonight? I've done a small acca with Orient, Arsenal and Barca, and I might put some money on a game I'll watch tonight. Any suggestions?

Got a free bet from Paddy Power because one team let me down on my NFL acca. Put it on the Chargers to beat the Chiefs, put the winnings on that on the 49ers -4.0 against the Redskins and have now lumped that on the 49ers to win the Superbowl (Although did as each way so I'll win if they just make it to the Superbowl) at 14/1, which I reckon will drop to 10s after last night's result.

Everton, Leicester, Watford and Monaco pays around 5/1.

Gone with Arsenal in a single at 4/6 too.

United are 13/8 tomorrow. A £20 stake will get £52+ back, for the bigger gamblers here.

I did the same as you but I threw in a Newcastle/Baggies draw as well, went up to 20/1 on bet365

• Like 1