The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Draw tonight at 12/5. Worth a fiver for me . As good as bayern are, they're without muller and kroos tonight and Messi should be back. I'll wait to see the teams first but probably going to stick a fiver on.

Edit:Muller plays, I got told he was out. Still fancy a draw though.

• 2 weeks later...

Boyle Sports offering 18/1 on Wigan winning the cup final in regular time. For anyone fancying a long shot...

Drinks are on me chaps!
I'm going to bring this post up at Point To The Sign 3: Point With A Vengeance.

I put £5 on The Players over the weekend. Nothing back.

My gf put £8 on, nothing back, although her selections came closer to placing than mine (an 8th and two around 13th).

Luckily, my £2 free bet saved me, as I had it on Tiger, so I won £15 - I'll use that for the BMW PGA next week, and on the CL final, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

She can spend her winnings on six months membership to match.com and find herself a proper boyfriend.

• 2 months later...

Decided I'm gonna do a 5 game Goals Galore each Saturday of the season. It pays 16/1 on Betfred's bonus list, that means I'll only have to win 3 times (out of approx 40 weeks) to be in profit for the season. Sounds easy enough, right?

This week I've got;

Barnsley v Wigan

Birmingham v Watford

Newport v Accrington

Shrewsbury v MK Dons

Torquay v AFC Wimbledon

Wish me luck! :)

I've randomly used the last 7p in my Hills account (don't ask) on some preseason games, and over the course of 3 fivefolds turned it into £2.76. Wish I'd started with a fiver.

Not thought about todays yet, sure I can find five cautious bankers somewhere. PSG in the super cup will be one.

I've put several speculative bets on, as the start of the season always gives good odds.

Top Scorer E/W (top four scorers) - Wilfried Bony, Steven Jovetic, Andreas Cornelius

Europa League E/W (make the final) - Swansea, Besiktas, Lazio

Top 10 Finish - Cardiff City

POTY - Juan Mata, Robin Van Persie (going on the logic that Bale won't last the season)

Championship E/W - Bolton, Wigan, Nottingham Forest

Decided I'm gonna do a 5 game Goals Galore each Saturday of the season. It pays 16/1 on Betfred's bonus list, that means I'll only have to win 3 times (out of approx 40 weeks) to be in profit for the season. Sounds easy enough, right?

This week I've got;

Barnsley v Wigan

Birmingham v Watford

Newport v Accrington

Shrewsbury v MK Dons

Torquay v AFC Wimbledon

Wish me luck! :)

Awful start to the season. Despite the fact there was quite a few goals flying in today, I only got 2-out-of-5 and managed to pick one of the only 0-0s in the whole of Europe. Onwards and upwards I suppose...