The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Tonight's flutters:

Barcelona to qualify @ 5/4

Both Teams to score: Leeds/Peterborough, Cardiff/Leicester, Barca/Milan, Bristol/Port Vale, MK Dons/Shrewsbury @ 15/1ish

To win: Cardiff (vs. Leicester), Leyton Orient (vs. Portsmouth), MK Dons (vs. Shrewbury), Southend (vs. AFC Wimbledon) @ 10/1ish

So expect Barcelona not to qualify and either Cardiff/Leicester or MK Dons/Shrewsbury to end 0-1. <_<

By the way for anyone who doesn't know, CORAL ARE OFFERING EVENS ON SPRINTER SACRE IN THE CHAMPION CHASE TOMORROW ON BETS UP TO £20. This should be a license to print money, it's almost like someone offering even money on Barcelona vs. Tranmere, no-one in the world of horse racing is expecting anything other than a Sprinter Sacre win, the best price elsewhere is Paddy Power at 3/10.

By the way for anyone who doesn't know, CORAL ARE OFFERING EVENS ON SPRINTER SACRE IN THE CHAMPION CHASE TOMORROW ON BETS UP TO £20. This should be a license to print money, it's almost like someone offering even money on Barcelona vs. Tranmere, no-one in the world of horse racing is expecting anything other than a Sprinter Sacre win, the best price elsewhere is Paddy Power at 3/10.

Coral must have took a beating on that, Sacre won by 19 lengths. I think it was Paddy that offered 2/1 on Sacre to win by ten or more lengths.

Coral must have took a beating on that, Sacre won by 19 lengths. I think it was Paddy that offered 2/1 on Sacre to win by ten or more lengths.

They did but how many people are now gonna blow their £40? :P wish I'd seen that paddypower offer, definitely worth a tenner. It was always going to piss all over the field

So I went to take out my £40 from Coral and apparently I got a £20 free bet, stuck it on an e/w double with Sam Winner and Dynaste. Not overly confident but it's free money and I can't see anything close to a banker tomorrow.

Off to Cheltenham on a free corporate complimentary ticket I've got through a mate, my likely bets for the day

1:30 - Captain Conan
2:05 - Shutthefrontdoor
2:40 - Cue Card
3:20 - Reve De Sivola
4:00 - Walkon

4:40 - No Secrets
5:15 - Arabella Boy

Been told a lot of money is going on solwhit in the 15.20, might be tempted to stick a couple of quid on.

Wish I'd been confident enough to stick a fiver on it now. Put it in an each way double with outlaw Pete in the 5.15. Got hunt ball in the next

Been told a lot of money is going on solwhit in the 15.20, might be tempted to stick a couple of quid on.

Wish I'd been confident enough to stick a fiver on it now. Put it in an each way double with outlaw Pete in the 5.15. Got hunt ball in the next

When I see you mention it on here I almost stuck something on it too but decided against it. Gutted when I realised it had won, nice shout.

Well Outlaw Pete came 3rd so I got something for Solwhit's win, cursing myself for not backing him. Placed tomorrow's bets already and I'm guaranteed to end the festival at almost double what I started with, so nothing to lose whatsoever.

Diakili @ 10s

Ranjann @ 14s

Ofaolin's Boy @ 16s

Silvinaico Conti @ 9/2

Backstage @ 8s

Ma Filleule @ 10s

Ulck Du Lin @ 9s

Couple of those come in and I'll be chuffed.

Cheltenham was a cracking day out yesterday, highly recommended if anyone ever gets a chance to go. My mate won £440 quid on the first race, I ended up about even thanks to an each way bet on Celestial Halo at 33/1 and Shakervilz at 16/1.

What is everybody thinking about today?

These are my picks

1:30 - Far West
2:05 - Ranjaan
2:40 - At Fishers Cross
3:20 - Long Run
4:00 - Salsify

4:40 - Gevrey Chambertin
5:15 - Ulck Du Lin

Swnymor in the 1:30 is a good long odd shout though, might take that each way.

• 3 weeks later...

Grand National today, was wondering if anyone was having a bet or two today.

I've gone with

£2 on Imperial Commander to win at 14/1

£6 on Seabass each way 7/1
£6 on Ballabriggs each way 18/1
£6 on Colbert Station each way 11/1

Did it on sky bet who are paying for the first 5 places so hopefully this time around none of my horses are shit and/or die