What music are you listening to?

Benji

EDIT: Apparently Rod is so awesome he needs a double post.

Also, I find it a little worrying that at the age of 23, my default reaction to problems with women is still to listen to The Smiths. How cliche.

Edited by ClaRK! Kent

The new Tom Jones is pretty special. Can't stop listening to his version of "What Good Am I?". Let down by a pretty dreadful version of "Run On"/"God's Gonna Cut You Down", though, but at least he doesn't just try and do a carbon copy of Johnny Cash's version.

The Young Veins' "Take A Vacation!" is quite fun, though I only actually bought it because I didn't want the cute girl in the shop to think I was only looking to buy a Tom Jones album :shifty:

School Of Seven Bells. They're quite good, aren't they? Lovely.

The new Nouvelle Vague best of - I've got all their albums anyway, but the special edition of the Best Of comes with a disc of rarities, which is nice. Not many of them are actually that good, but Sweet & Tender Hooligan is a lot of fun.

New Television Personalities, I can't make my mind up about. I love TVP, but it just seems like something's missing. Dan Treacy's voice seems to have aged a lot since the last album and, while normally I love hearing that kind of thing, it actually sounds quite sad, and it's lost some of its charm. It's great to hear songs like "You're My Yoko" that I've heard live for so long finally make their way on to an album, but it's just nowhere near as good as "My Dark Places" was as a whole, and there's no one track that's just desperate emotion summed up beautifully, which is what Treacy's best at. Might be a grower, though.

New Chrome Hoof album is fantastic - not sure if it's better than the first, and it is pretty similar, but then there's not really a whole lot worth changing in their sound. The world needs more electro funk jazz doom metal.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I always heard about them on EWB and never thought much of it but then I saw them on SNL and it was probably the first time that I haven't switched away from a musical guest in a very long time. I picked up their albums and they are very, very good. I would recommend them.

As of this post, I'm currently getting my 90's on and listening to Live's album "Throwing Copper." Aside from that, I've been listening to quite a bit of blues music from the 20s and 30s along with a bit of Arcade Fire. Quite the variety, I know.

Realised that I have and haven't listened to Trapt for ages, so giving their 3rd album "Only Through the Pain..." (their latest album, if only for a few weeks/months more) a first go. Pretty good so far, just good inoffensive rock.

UPDATE: Yep, I like this. "Wherever She Goes" is great, got a nice chorus. Sounds familiar though, think I heard it a while back randomly or something.

Edited by TheModernWay

Dirt by Alice in Chains, because every track appears to be on YouTube. This is pretty solid, though probably not an album I'd listen to often. Still, if I see it in a secondhand CD store for less than six bucks I'll probably pick it up.

Dirt by Alice in Chains, because every track appears to be on YouTube. This is pretty solid, though probably not an album I'd listen to often. Still, if I see it in a secondhand CD store for less than six bucks I'll probably pick it up.

Go check out their latest, Black Gives Way to Blue. Sure it doesn't have Staley, but the new guy DuVall is more than good. Personally I feel it's their best/most consistent album, it even features Elton John on piano on the title track. I find that Dirt (and to some degree Facelift also) slips into a style that I'm going to call "heroin rock", where it just gives me an image of someone in squalor shooting up.

I find that Dirt (and to some degree Facelift also) slips into a style that I'm going to call "heroin rock", where it just gives me an image of someone in squalor shooting up.

that's why people like it!

Don't get me wrong, fantastic albums, especially at £2.50 each, but sometimes I feel they can be too far... Down In a Hole. <_<

Third album with the dog on the cover though, I couldn't get into. Only had it since April and the one and only time I listened to it I got distracted whilst doing so, but don't really have any desire to try again soon.

Praise be to Spotify!

Listened to Anberlin's album Never Take Friendship Personal. Liking the song "The Feel Good Drag" (don't know why they re-recorded it for a later album, the original (on this album) is better).

Yellowcard quite suck.

"Whatever" by Our Lady Peace. Damn you, Benoit.

Currently listening to Dishwalla's Pet Your Friends. I watched some of Blast From the Past with Brendon Fraiser the other day and "Pretty Babies" is on it. I'm liking it so far.

The very Best Of Glenn Miller, at work. Soothing jazz and 40's radio music, I keep thinking of Fallout.

Love Glenn Miller. The only stuff of his I have on my mp3 player right now are versions of "I've Got a Gal (In Kalamazoo)," "At Last," and of course "In the Mood" from one of his last shows before he started with the army and never came back, which makes me think I need more.