10. Set It Off

11. Firing the Love

12. Tears

13. World Domination

14. The Fear

15. Interlude 3

16. Babylon

17. The Beginning of Sorrows

This album contains absolute excellence. Skindred just fucking own everything and this album definatly features something for everyone. A mix between Reggie, Punk and Metal (alongside others) called "Raggapunk" they have an awesome sound, which improves more with their live performances. This album definatly moved up in my expectations when I saw them live...3 times or so now. It just is awesome to be fair.

10/10

Key Tracks: Nobody, Pressure, Selector, Bruises, Set It Off, World Domination & Babylon.

I've listened to a lot of music today, but here are some key albums that I hadn't heard before.

"Age of Winters" - The Sword

Oh man, meet my new favorite band. This band has elements of metal, southern rock and stoner rock and it just all blends into one kickass band. This is by far one of the most surprising albums of 2006 as I didn't really expect it to be as good as it was, but it is. Also, I didn't mention this in the thread earlier, but I really think that this band will become a big hit, maybe not this year, but definitely by their next release, they will be.

Key Tracks: Freya, March of the Lor, Lament for the Auroch, Ebethron

Overall: 9/10

"Hello Master" - Priestess

It's kinda funny, because I anticipated this one a bit more than The Sword's, but I was slightly disappointed. It's a good album, don't get me wrong, but it's kinda like stoner rock paint by numbers. The band IMO, just embodies the spirts of Kyuss, CKY, and Queens of the Stone Age all into one band. It's good, but kind of generic almost. They're good though and am looking forward to seeing what they can do in the future.

Key Tracks: Blood, I am the Night Colour me Black, Time Will Cut You Down

Oh and I've been listening to some Kyuss too, so I'm kind of a stoner rock kick if you weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllll. :shifty:

Guest 1-2-Ringo!

I went to see Emily Haines and The Soft Skeleton last night, and it was glorious. At first it was weird because the whole thing was in a theatre like setting and everyone had seats, but it was badass, what with the violins and all that :shifty:. The concert was insanely long though and there wasn't that many people (who hosts a concert in suburbia? >_>) but she spent about an hour and a half or so doing covers, and it was awesome. To my recollection, she covered the following:

- Ceremony (New Order)

- A Crown of Love (The Arcade Fire)

- John Wayne Gacey (Sufjan Stevens)

- A Favour House Atlantic (which according to Google is a CO&CA song, which is strange to say the least).

- Disorder (Joy Division).

- Such Great Heights (Postal Service)

- Maps (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

- Transatlanticism (Death Cab)

There were two or so more songs I don't really remember though and she ended with Dead Disco (from Metric), which was all sorts of badass.

Everyone go see her now :shifty:

I went to see Emily Haines and The Soft Skeleton last night, and it was glorious. At first it was weird because the whole thing was in a theatre like setting and everyone had seats, but it was badass, what with the violins and all that :shifty: . The concert was insanely long though and there wasn't that many people (who hosts a concert in suburbia? >_>) but she spent about an hour and a half or so doing covers, and it was awesome. To my recollection, she covered the following:

- Ceremony (New Order)

- A Favour House Atlantic (which according to Google is a CO&CA song, which is strange to say the least).

- Maps (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

There were two or so more songs I don't really remember though and she ended with Dead Disco (from Metric), which was all sorts of badass.

Today I listened to two entirely different albums.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin I

I've heard of several songs of the band previously, but this is the first time listening to an entire album of theirs. My favorite tracks are Dazed and Confused, Communication Breakdown, and How Many More Times, while the other 6 were all pretty good-great. I can't pick out a "bad" song on the album, or one that slows down the pace. It's a great listen all way through.

9.5/10

Gewn Stefani - The Sweet Escape

Wind It Up and The Sweet Escape are nice and catchy, I kinda like them. The other 10 tracks were pretty bland. This album was about average, Love.Angel.Music.Baby was much better.

5.5/10

Edited by Rashid

I went to see Emily Haines and The Soft Skeleton last night, and it was glorious. At first it was weird because the whole thing was in a theatre like setting and everyone had seats, but it was badass, what with the violins and all that :shifty:. The concert was insanely long though and there wasn't that many people (who hosts a concert in suburbia? >_>) but she spent about an hour and a half or so doing covers, and it was awesome. To my recollection, she covered the following:

- Ceremony (New Order)

- Maps (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

"Remains" by Alkaline Trio

This is basically a collection of 'rarities' and b-sides, set for release on the 30th of January. And appears to have leaked. There is in fact 1 single song on this release which I had not heard previously, that being "We Can Never Break Up". But the most important thing about this release is the fact that the GREATEST Alk3 has now found its way onto an official Alk3 release, "Jaked On Green Beers", fucking incredible song. This CD's got some great songs on here, their AMAZING cover of "Rooftops" (Originally by Hot Water Music...that split CD also sees HWM cover "Radio". Both covers I prefer to their original counterparts!!), there's also the cover of The Metro, which rocks. All in all, some great songs. Hell Yes, Old School Reasons (Bonus track on Good Mourning in the UK, and was actually my favourite track on the album), Warbrain, Buried, Standard Break From Life, Dead And Broken and Bye Bye Love. Nothing I really haven't heard before, but it's handy to have in one place. And "Jaked On Green Beers" is a punk-rock classic. 7/10

BEST SONGS : Jaked On Green Beers, Warbrain, Old School Reasons, Hell Yes, Standard Break From Life (Acoustic), Rooftops

Bayside- Sirens & Condolences

7/10

This was their first album, I actually heard their second one first so maybe I was expecting a bit more out of this seeing what they are capable of. This is a decent album, quite a few dull songs but its also got some nice standouts on it that are terribly catchy. Overall its still decent, but not as good as their self-titled one or their acoustic cd.

Standout Tracks: Masterpiece, Poison In My Veins, Just Enough To Love You, Guardrail

Bayside- Acoustic

9/10

Absolutely amazing acoustic cd. Some of the songs that I didn't think would translate well onto an acoutic version were shockingly great. Plus there is an appearence by Josh Caterer of The Smoking Popes and they sing 'Megan' which is really good. The only track I skip on this one is 'Baby Britian' just because I don't really like it. Great CD. Plus, 'Winter' is about the death of their drummer, and is a phenomenal song.

Standout Tracks: Winter, Blame It On Bad Luck, Masterpiece, Montauk, Devotion And Desire, Don't Call Me Peanut

In Your Honor - Foo Fighters

I bought this bad boy the other day. I have never in my life bought a CD, I've always just d/l my tunes off the net. The Foo Fighters have become my favourite band by a landslide and thus I felt the need to support them. I didn't get the CD ‘cause I don't like d/l or am against it, I simply got the CD to support my favourite band.

10/10

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II

Loved it more than I. Whole Lotta Love, The Lemon Song, Heart Breaker, Ramble On, Moby Dick, Bring It On Home, I honestly can't pick a favorite. One of the greatest albums I've ever listened to.

10/10

LZII is one of the 4 albums I heard that I give perfect 10/10 ratings to. The other 3 are:

Nirvana - Nevermind

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (not sure if I got the title right)

Edited by Rashid

"Virulence" by Only Crime

HOLY FUCK!!!! THIS ROCKS HARD!!! Hardcore at its best, no fucking doubt about it. A great mix of disjointed/off key chordal progressions (I can't describe it), some totally rocking riffs, great drive and as well as some really catchy choruses. Unlike lots of hardcore albums, it's not just the same shit regurgitated song after song, there's the slow songs, the catchy songs, this album has it all. An amazing sophomore effort. It only clocks in at 27 minutes, but it's none stop awesomeness. My only complaint is the fact it sounds too similar to "To The Nines". 7.5/10....subject to change.

BEST SONGS : Too Loose, Everything For You, Take Me, Eyes Of The World, Framed The Failed

"All Of The Sudden I Miss Everyone" by Explosions In The Sky

It's gotten to the stage that whilst I absolutely love these guys, I can't help but shrug the feel that in the 6 or so years they've been together and been recording, they've tried absolutely nothing new. AOTSIME follows the regular EITS formula, going from one end of the spectrum to the other, from moody and quiet to epic and exciting. Whilst it's nothing new, it's still really good, but at the end of the day, you could basically throw every single EITS song onto a playlist, and they'd sound like they all belong on the same album. They write some amazing music though, which with them being an instrumental band, is vastly important. It only has 6 songs (Few...like all EITS releases) but runs for just over 40 minutes. 7.5/10....subject to change.

BEST SONGS : The Birth And Death Of The Day, What Do You Go Home To?, It's Natural To Be Afraid

Edited by Steve Mandela

Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance Of The Moon And The Sun

Wow. Fucking. Wow. I didn't know 'ambient' music could ever be this good. Really. 'Cut Joint Sinews & Divided Reincarnation' had me in a trance, and I loved it.

9.5/10