What music are you listening to?

Benji

"Mingus Ah Um" by Charles Mingus

Very solid jazz record with some great stuff, though a couple of the tracks don't really click for me. "Better Git Hit in Your Soul" is a fantastic opening track, though, which is a must for any good jazz record.

Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead

I hate giving number ratings to records, but wow, this is a fucking awesome record. Tracks 5-7 is probably the best run of 3 tracks on any album this year. Some ace tracks running through it. Definitely one of his better efforts.

Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead

I hate giving number ratings to records, but wow, this is a fucking awesome record. Tracks 5-7 is probably the best run of 3 tracks on any album this year. Some ace tracks running through it. Definitely one of his better efforts.

Fashion Bomb - Devils to Some Angels to Others

This CD is great. They have been compared to Manson/NIN, but they are more akin to Manson than to NIN. They cover Motley Crue's "Looks That Kill" on the CD, not a great cover, but there are about 7 really good songs out of the 13 original songs on the album. With the Song "SS" being my favourite song on the album.

Overall about a 7 out of 10, it could have been better but at the same time i really enjoy it and without really hearing any songs on the album prior to purchase i can't complain.

Rio Grande Blood -- Ministry

This is a real gem if you're uncontrollably Anti-Bush and appreciate the grittier side Industrial Metal.

Farmakon -- Skepticism

This is some ultra slow funeral doom metal, apparently makes many people feel depressed. For some reason I feel real happy and energetic when I listen to this. But anyway, it's sixty minutes of solid, slow doom metal and any fans of the genre should realy take a look at it.

The Cure - The Cure

I'd forgotten that this album actually isn't very good, which is a shame. Nothing really stands out, just Cure-by-numbers unfortunately. It seems a lot of the time Fat Bob is just trying to hit the main selling points of the other albums and hoping he can please everyone. Nothing to see here, move along. It's a good album, don't get me wrong, just not a good Cure album.

Dresden Dolls - Yes, Virginia

This is what love sounds like.

Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead

12/10

Seriously, at first I wasn't really digging this CD but the more I listen to it the more I realize how fucking great it is. Hip hop just died this mornin', yeah, she's deeeeeeeeead, she's dead!

Bayside- Bayside

8.5/10

The first time I heard Bayside was on NCAA Baseball 06 when their song 'Devotion and Desire' was on the game. I've recently found this cd through the internet, and I love it. There are a few dull tracks, but they are overshadowed by the good ones. So in conclusion, I think I love Bayside now.

Standout Tracks: Devotion and Desire, Montauk, Blame It On Bad Luck, Don't Call Me Peanut, Dear Tragedy

3034088_pr_200.jpg

Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder.

1. Blood (Empty Promises)

2. Not Listening

3. Stop Looking / Start Seeing

4. Take Me

5. Getting Away With Murder

6. Be Free

7. Done With You

8. Scars

9. Sometimes

10. Blanket Of Fear

11. Tyranny of Normality

12. Do Or Die

- - - - -

This album is great. No, really. Roach's best album to date, easily. This was a turnaround for them as they went from average nu metal band to great hard rock band. It becomes apparent in this album that Jacoby has an amazing singing voice, and he shows his skills through the sheer emotion featured on this disk. The first eight songs on the CD are flawless, and the quality drops - in my opinion - towards the end. Jacoby's songwriting ability is shown off here, as the catchy melodys will have some genius lines stuck in your head for days. "I count the days that we have spent apart. I got a bad liver and a broken heart" being my favourite line of the album. I cannot say enough good things about this album - just buy it! They're no longer 'the band that did Last Resort.'

Overall Rating: 8/10

Edited by Nerf.

Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions

Really disappointing. This is my first Papa Roach album since "Infest" (a classic), and while this one starts with similar intensity, it drops of dramatically after the first half or so and becomes a disappointing alt-rock record.

Best Tracks - "To Be Loved", "Alive", "Crash", "I Devise My Own Demise".

Guest Ringley Whitford

!!! - Myth Takes, it leaked and I like it a lot more than their previous effort. It's pretty cool so far.

I also got to hear part of Arcade Fire's Neon Bible courtesy of my companion, and it's fucking awesome. I only go to hear it once while driving around and I WANT IT ALL NOW :(. Although she won't give it to me because she's technically not even allowed to even let me listen to it. Still, she's bound to sleep and I'm bound to go through her luggage :shifty:

B000JVSZIY.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35540414_.jpg

Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead - 9/10

When I listened to the full length of Hip Hop Is Dead, I pondered if the mere fact that it is a message album from one of rap's best would become enough to make it the best album of the year. Perhaps it is, in the case of Nas's best album in a long time. Nas creates a series of epic numbers as the strongest indictment yet of mainstream stereotypical hip-hop. Among them also is the brilliant noir-style "Who Killed It?", which comes off as incredibly strange at first listen, but may be where Nas most succeeds at attacking his industry's de-evolution. Another massive surprise comes in the Will.i.am produced title track, which is just amazing in production and in rhyme. (And somehow will.i.am being a good producer is no longer becoming surprising, since he produced Game's "Compton" this year as well.) Other standouts include "Black Republicans," which finally brings Jay-Z and Nas together in rhyme and produces some of Jay's best rhymes this year. Nas just echoes brilliance throughout, and while his message is extremely controversial, Nas makes a fantastic argument here.

Edited by COR

!!! - Myth Takes, it leaked and I like it a lot more than their previous effort. It's pretty cool so far.

I also got to hear part of Arcade Fire's Neon Bible courtesy of my companion, and it's fucking awesome. I only go to hear it once while driving around and I WANT IT ALL NOW :(. Although she won't give it to me because she's technically not even allowed to even let me listen to it. Still, she's bound to sleep and I'm bound to go through her luggage :shifty: