What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

AmpLive - Rainydayz Remixes - 7.5/10

For those unaware, these tracks take bits from Radiohead's In Rainbows and mixes them in some way or form. A few of the changes are truly inspired, like the adding of a backbeat to "Videotapez" or the darkened strings of "Reckonerz," which actually stands out more than the original. Those moments don't happen too often on the all-too-brief Rainydayz, but it's a fine addendum to the experience of In Rainbows.

"There is a Light That Never Goes Out" by The Smiths

I get why it finished, like, second on the EWB's Favorite Song thing two years ago. It's very good, the best Smiths song I've ever heard (but that's really not saying much).

"Searching for the Hows and Whys" - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.

Something about him seems to have gotten a little bit more serious, I know nothing much has changed and it may just be my listening to "I Could Build You A Tower" with the Virgina Tech shootings overtones but it seems a little more darker perhaps than his last effort. I can't really decide which I like more because while I want to say his last album was better, this one seems to have more powerful songs on it and each time I listen to it I find a bit more I like about it. I'm still really exploring his new album, but there are still a lot of songs that contain the up-beat happiness that his last one did, "Keep Singing Out" is a really catchy and joyous track.

The inclusion of Kate Nash is great, and hopefully that will also give him some more mainstream notice that he's worked with an artist of her magnitude I guess. And in just a few lines I see a massive difference in the Kate Nash I'm used to hearing who sings - to be fair - pretty standard written songs about a 20 something girl and her life, as opposed to "after shows, all the time, meet the band, do a line, hotel room, double bed, empty sex and then regret" is just not what I'm used to from Kate Nash. However she's fit, and is being banged off Ryan Jarman from the Cribs so.. good for her, I guess.

So I won't give it a rating just yet, but I know that I keep enjoying this album every time I listen to it and I encourage everyone to go listen to it and get it. The different beats he gets out of electronic drum computerised set is quite great as well, just get the album - it's really good. I love Sam.

Gotham Road - Seasons of the Witch (2008) (So in doing what Michale Graves does, he re-realeased the Gotham Road EP with 8 addititional tracks... as a download from his site)

Kryst the Conqueror - Deliver Us From Evil

(Jerry and Doyle (well until Gorgeous Frankenstein for Doyle) in the beginning/end of their post-Misfits work)

Ayreon's new album, 10010011 or whatever, can't be arsed to look up the exact title :P

It's pretty good, sort of a chill-out album. Hamster might like it, as it reminds me of Sigur Rós a bit, but then I haven't exactly heard much Sigur Rós. It's just kind of what I imagine them to sound like ¬_¬

Just started on "Elephant Shell" by Tokyo Police Club, after that I still have "Combinations" by Eisley, "May Your Heart Be The Map" by Epic45 to listen to and also "With A Lifetime To Pay" by Zero Down which I've had for absolutely ages, but just realised I hadn't ripped to my iTunes.

So my night is set. May report back with what I think of them later. Also currently obtaining the Limited Edition Vinyl copy of Foals' "Balloons", just to see what other songs they have to offer :)