What music are you listening to?

Benji

Anthrax - "Worship Music"

Really great album. I saw it get great reviews, but did not expect it to be this good, not a single bad song on it.

Agree completely. I'm not an Anthrax fan (for the most part), but the new album is really great. Only song I'm not fussed on is Revolution Scream(?); the rest are fantastic. I don't think the album will get as much acknowlegment as it deserves, though, because it's released so late in their career. I'd put it on par with Among The Living.

Listening to the new Thrice "Major/Minor". I like it. It follows on from "Beggars", which is what I prefered from Thrice, but is a lot more lively than it's predecessor. Got some cool big riffs in it, and if there's something I like, it's big riffs.

50s rnr is lovely! Been listening to lots of that recently too. Louis Prima is poss. my favourite.

Yeah, I love 50's rock and roll, it's so much fun to listen to. It was simple, catchy, and seemed as if everybody had a great voice during that era. Eddie Cochran and Chuck Berry are among my favorites from that era, but they're only the tip of the iceberg.

On a whim, I listened to Stone Temple Pilots latest album (released 2010). It sounds like a band that emulated the grunge sound at the same time as it was popular who had split up x-amount of years ago and then reformed, presumably for money, and had become a Beatles tribute act. Quite bland.

Also listened to Coldplay. I've now realised it's not Coldplay I hate, it's Chris Martin's voice (and/or face) that I dislike. "God Put A Smile on Your Face" is good.

Foster The People's album. It's alright. Basically reminds me of MGMT just with the band members just up like less pretentious twats. Pumped Up Kicks is obviously the stand out thus far.