What music are you listening to?

Benji

Been listening to nothing but Keith Jarrett's The Köln Concert. Never in my life could I ever imagine that I would enjoy a piece of music so much; it is so serene, so soulful, simply just amazing. I was just blown away, this is definetely one of the best albums I have ever heard in my life. Man, imagine being there as it was recorded.

Listening to the new Justice LP at work, "Audio, Video, Disco", and... man, it is certainly a change from "†". They've sort of shed their house music influences and are just doing full-on electro-rock/nu-disco now, which still sounds great and upbeat and I like it, but it just very different; at one point, during the opener, it sounded like a Pink Floyd tribue or something. But yeah, digging it despite the change in style.

I heard their album, back when it came out summer 2010, and the first thing I thought was, "I want to see these guys live". Saw them live this summer and going to see them live again in december; they are one of the best bands I've heard of and experienced live in a long long time.

Listening to the new Justice LP at work, "Audio, Video, Disco", and... man, it is certainly a change "†". They've sort of shed their house music influences and are just doing full-on electro-rock/nu-disco now, which still sounds great and upbeat and I like it, but it just very different; at one point, during the opener, it sounded like a Pink Floyd tribue or something. But yeah, digging it despite the change in style.

Also listening to this. The very beginning of the first track (Horsepower) seemed to be channeling some manner of 16bit fantasy game music, I thought. :shifty: I do like how that track alludes to the following one (Civilization) between the 2:00 and 3:00 mark as well.

But yes: different, but on the whole I like it. Brainvision is a waste of space, and I have no idea what the idea behind Ohio is at all, but I'll go with it. The actual 'Audio Video Disco' track itself is crying out for some better lyrics. Or hell, just any different lyrics. It's not going to approach the likes of DVNO or Civilization like that.