What music are you listening to?

Benji

I really like every track off AVD except for Brianvision. It's getting a mixed response from critics, but I think it will age well. I don't like to compare them to Daft Punk, because everybody did it for Cross, but I really feel like this will hold up over time like Discovery did. Discovery is considered a classic of this century, but upon release, nobody really instantly loved it.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Just listened to a mixtape I got from a CD Swap om SomethingAwful. A bit hit-and-miss but I enjoyed most of it. Lots of folk songs, some alternative rock tracks, there was an old-school New Orleans rhytm and blues track on there as well, generally a good melting pot of genres. However it did have one of the worst things I've heard in a long time; Van Canto. Good god, I wasn't a fan of power metal to being with but a capella Nightwish covers? Christ. I do have to check out Professor Longhair, though.

EWB should have a CD Swap thing as well. :shifty:

lately I've been listening to the the debut album of Royal Republic - We Are The Royal.

Its really a change for me, because I'm into country and heavy rock at the moment, i suggest the songs

Full Steam Space Machine, which has an amusing music video. Tommy-Gun , which is pretty catchy to me

and Underwear, which still makes no sense to me.

The-Dream; "1977". What a great break up album. The first five songs are superb and the rest of the album is really really good. Gonna land near the top of my year end list for sure. Wake Me Up When It's Over, Used to Be and Long Gone are the best consecutive tracks on an LP this year.

I just want to say that Pelican is an awesome band, everyone should listen to "March into the Sea" and yes, What We All Come To Need is an awesome record.

Currently listening to the new Tue West album at the store, while mentally handicapped people look at the ceiling lights. I was led to believe that this new album was supposed to be more country inspired but it certainly is not; it is more like some weird amalgamation of modern Danish pop music and indie sounds. And it doesn't sound very good.

"Crazy Clown Time" by David Lynch. As expected, amazing.

Likewise. Listened to about half of it on the bus to work, and absolutely loving it - there's one track I'm not sure of that was a bit too electro-pop, and one that was largely weird spoken word stuff that I'm still undecided on, but mostly I'm loving it. Huge fan of Lynch's musical work.

Have you listened to Blue Bob or Fox Bat Strategy? They're earlier musical projects of Lynch, and absolutely brilliant, FBS especially.

Also been listening to Steven Wilson's new one - I'm not a big Porcupine Tree fan, but absolutely love this. It flows beautifully from one track to the next, and from atmospheric and understated to almost King Crimson-like prog rock, and always feels quite dark and unsettling. Brilliant stuff.

"Crazy Clown Time" by David Lynch. As expected, amazing.

Likewise. Listened to about half of it on the bus to work, and absolutely loving it - there's one track I'm not sure of that was a bit too electro-pop, and one that was largely weird spoken word stuff that I'm still undecided on, but mostly I'm loving it. Huge fan of Lynch's musical work.

Good Day Today and Strange and Unproductive Thinking respectively, I believe. Good Day Today is great. Can't see myself listening to Strange... unless I'm running through the entire album though.

Have you listened to Blue Bob or Fox Bat Strategy? They're earlier musical projects of Lynch, and absolutely brilliant, FBS especially.

I remember a reference to Fox Bat on his website, but I've never heard either. Must check them out.

Streamed Childish Gambino's "Camp" from NPR. It's a pretty damn good album. Favourite song is probably "Heartbeat". Admittedly, I sort of zoned out i the middle, but I was busy. That said, his monolouge on the outro is awesome.

Can't decide if I like it enough to buy it though.