What music are you listening to?

Benji

Raised Fist - "Dedication"

Let me dedicate this song to those who never act in frustration

Let me give this song to those who have respect for all the punkbands in the nation

Let me pass this song to all the people that dare to disagree

Let me dedicate this song to those who downloaded this song as a mp3

swedish hardcore punk for y'all

Edited by Bushmeister

• 2 weeks later...

Opened up the day with "Mothership", that Led Zeppelin compilation and after that Charles Bradley got to tear me away for a few hours. How did I miss that album from last year? It is an incredibly endearing soul record. Now listening to the new Mads Björn which some have compared to Bon Iver, but honestly, I don't see it at all. It is more like an ambient version of SBTRKT.

I'm on my phone right now so I can't check, but I'm pretty certain it was Charles Bradley who covered "Stay Away" on Spin's 'Newermind', the tribute album of Nevermind. Fantastic cover and by far and away the best song on the album.

Recently I have been enjoying Syd Barrett, the Doobie Brothers, Kool and the Gang, Cher Lloyd and Cap'n Jazz. :)

Oh and At The Drive-In have been getting played a lot for obvious reasons.

I need to find some good music of 2012 though. Nothing has caught my imagination yet.

Easily the best song these guys ever recorded. I remember the first time I heard this, when I was first getting into punk (though the song really isn't a punk song) and played it endlessly. "We're white punks on dope, mom and dad moved to hollywood, hang myself when I get enough rope".