What music are you listening to?

Benji

Streamed Childish Gambino's "Camp" from NPR. It's a pretty damn good album. Favourite song is probably "Heartbeat". Admittedly, I sort of zoned out i the middle, but I was busy. That said, his monolouge on the outro is awesome.

Can't decide if I like it enough to buy it though.

I was about to come in here and sing that very album's praises! Bonfire's " 'You're my favorite rapper now!' Yeah man I better be, or you can fucking kiss my ass-- human centipede" is up there with his great line from Freaks and Geeks', "I got some pussy that was insane, so insane, it's an enemy of Batman."

I am definitely going to pick up his first commercial release when it drops even though I already have a been bumping the album for free for the last two weeks. All of his previous releases and EP's are available for free, and if you grab those before you buy this it is a good way to jump into things. 30 songs for free helps to soften the blow of paying for his big commercial debut and if sales do well should ensure a lot more to come.

Yeah I've already got I Am A Rapper 1 & 2 (a couple good songs), Sick Boi (which I didn't like), Culdesac (which I do like) and the EP (which is his best by a mile). Personally, I like Freaks and Geeks so much and it's the kind of rap I like and the beat is really good, it's hard to compare.

Yeah I did like that line in Bonfire, but I kind of discredited that song from this listen as I'd played it a lot already. As I mentioned, I think Heartbeat is my favourite song, and I'm sure we can all relate to the line "I'm a jerk, but your dude is a real dick. I read his post on your wall and I feel sick". It's why I stay away from looking at certain people's profiles. :shifty:

Also I do love that Batmayyyynnneeeeeee line from Freaks and Geeks, but I think my favourite is "Nigga can't you tell/that my sample of Adele/was so hot I got these hood/niggas blowing up my cell?". Classic.

Threw on some Aderlating; black metal fused with noise. They do an amazing job of it, I really forgot how god damn loud "Devotional Hymns" was. It is like the sound of car-crash repeated a million times over, with added black metal drumming.

I'm playing bass at a music event next Sunday so I'm listening a lot to the tracks I'll be playing (the front man chose them) ....So that's "Joker and the Thief" by Wolfmother, "All Day and All of The Night" by The Kinks and "Fire and Water" by Free.

The March of the Varangian Guard by Turisas, in preparation for tonight's gig.

Lots and lots of doom metal. Namely Electric Wizard, Church of Misery and Candlemass. I keep bouncing back and forth between wanting to listen to some heavy, crusty sludge and wanting to hear some old-school, Sabbath-esque doom.

Lots and lots of doom metal. Namely Electric Wizard, Church of Misery and Candlemass. I keep bouncing back and forth between wanting to listen to some heavy, crusty sludge and wanting to hear some old-school, Sabbath-esque doom.

Also try their rendition of "No Quarter." Hope it helps, bud.

• Like 2

Listen to that man; Crowbar are immense and I really need to start listening to them again. Saw them live at Tuska two years ago, easily the best concert of the entire festival.

Just woke up, ate some breakfast and threw on Primus' "Tales from the Punchbowl". This is also a band I love; Les Claypool is my mystikal master.

Flying Lotus - Los Angeles.

Classic record. Sounds so fresh, interesting and new. The guy knows how to make interesting electronic music that sounds so familiar, yet so innovative.