What music are you listening to?

Benji

Ever since Spotify got officially launched here in Denmark, I've been abusing it; already passed through shitloads of old and obscure Danish rock from the 60's and 70's; Beefeaters, Burnin' Red Ivanhoe (which I actually saw live the other day because they are on their second or third comeback tour; they were awesome) and The Old Man & The Sea. Had a bit of drastic style change this morning, tracking through the Beastie Boys discography. Licensed To Ill is awesome stuff.

I bought the 20th anniversary remastered release of Nirvana's Nevermind (standard edition) the other day, and I've been giving it lots of spins. It sounds even better. The raw energy shines through. Even regarding Polly, which is my least favourite song on Nevermind by a mile, it still has a fuller sound.

Edited by TheModernWay

SRN, I've only heard one track by them (on Julian Cope's "Danskrocksampler"), but Burnin' Red Ivanhoe are fucking awesome.

I'm currently listening to Bjork's latest, and still kind of undecided on it. Aside from that, I've been listening to loads of Hawkwind and John Martyn.

Justice - Audio, Video, Disco.

I feel like a lot of people (re: Pitchfork) are going to HATE this album. I personally enjoy it. The Metallica sampling off their live album was a sign of things to come, for sure.

SRN, I've only heard one track by them (on Julian Cope's "Danskrocksampler"), but Burnin' Red Ivanhoe are fucking awesome.

I'm currently listening to Bjork's latest, and still kind of undecided on it. Aside from that, I've been listening to loads of Hawkwind and John Martyn.

John Martyn! I love that guy, I've been obsessed with his Solid Air album for months now. On Burnin' Red Ivanhoe, if you can, find their "W.W.W" release; it is really well-structured jazz-inspired prog rock. They played a few songs off of it last Wednesday and I was ecstatic. Also got to chat a bit with Kim Mintzer after the concert, he was so impressed that young people still listened to "these old farts".

But Avenged Sevenfold are terrible! Almost as bad as Alter Bridge.

I'm obsessed with Biffy at the moment, particularly this B-Side...

Avenged Sevenfold is great, Alter Bridge is good too. I've never listened to Biffy before this song, but I enjoy that song.

I'm listening to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=TheGJeZUf_U

Dream Theater - Never Enough

I'm glad you like that song (although it is far far far from their best), but someone obviously battered you with a stereo at one point and messed up your music perception FOREVER. Av7 and Alter Bridge are awful, AWFUL bands. Dream Theatre, not so much. So at least you're running on evens at the moment.

I won't hear a bad word said about Avenged's City of Evil album, nor the title track from Nightmare. Pretty much everything else is fucking dire though. And yeah, Alter Bridge, just fuck Alter Bridge.

I've been listening to a bit of a mix of alternative rock (what the fuck does that even mean, all rock is alternative these days :/) recently: Frank Turner, Foo Fighters, The Offspring, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day ( :shifty: ), Biffy Clyro. Throw in a bit of Pulp, Pink Floyd, Oasis and The Who, too.

The best Biffy for me at the minute as far as B-sides go are:

Which features the lead singer from the Bronx and...

with the line "I wouldn't like to get fucked by a kangaroo in any position..."

I am far too much of a Biffy fan that I must stop before I go further.