The Darkness Breaks Up

lari

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you see past the cheesiness, he writes pretty good songs.

You forgot the terrible voice, "gender bender" antics and girly screaming.

His voice is far from terrible. He can reach notes that most people wince at, and has a good inflection on his vocals, for the music.

His 'gender bender' antics, as you say, are part and parcel of the show aspect of the band. It's better than four guys just standing there, not moving. It's interesting, and takes balls.

Girly screaming? Refer to the first point.

As someone else said, he's far, far more talented than people give him credit for.

The last two points are obviously a matter of opinion. Personally I don't find his antics entertaining and the screaming annoys me to no end.

I guess you'd have had to hear more than their single releases to realise he has a good voice, whenever I think of him I think of "I Believe in a Thing..." where he barely sings in the main part of the song.

I guess Justin took a one way ticket to hell...and back :pervert:

Without Justin I really don't see them being anything special. I always enjoyed their music, but Justin's unique voice contributed to a lot to their songs. If they manage to find a good replacement then maybe they can continue their success, but I doubt it, Justin was awesome.

"Permission to Land" was like a greatest hits, they couldn't top anything after that. The second album was more of the same, only not as good. Actually, it was a bit shit.

Hell, all they were was a fad anyway, I saw them live on the 04 arena tour and they were crap. I'd forgotten they were even still together, so this isn't worth much to me.

Don't you mean a pretty good Queen tribute band?

Nah, that's My Chemical Romance...oh, pretty good...

Justin Hawkins is actually more talented than people give him credit for. Yes, he surrounds himself in nostalgia, but that's part of the appeal. IMO. If you see past the cheesiness, he writes pretty good songs. And the comparison between Queen and The Darkness is pretty thin. Seeing as very few Darkness songs actually sound like Queen songs, and don't really have the most obvious Queen traits.

Actually I'm interested to see where they go from here, I mean the Darkness were Justin Hawkins, so I'm curious as to whether they'll try to replace him with someone with a similar vocal range/style, or try something new.