The Scottish Premier League Thread 06/07

The Kraig

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still a little shocked at this, but I'm happy in a bittersweet way just now. I don't think he was the right man for the job, and it's clear that he didn't have the support of the fans, or even a lot of the players. I'm not sure what else to say just now, but I think the only way is up now.

Did Romanov take over Rangers when I wasn't looking or something?

And 9 to 5, you need to keep your Blackburn bias locked away. He played decent for you guys, solid, nothing too amazing, didn't like it, and went back to being the superstar he is at Rangers. In comparison, Mikel Arteta was about as good as Ferguson when they played together at Rangers, but he can play just as well for Everton.

Le Guen's been a failure almost from the start. Signed a load of useless Europeans, some NOT on frees, gave them pretty good contracts, favoured his French flops over reliable Ibrox mainstays and then dropping your captain and best player from the first team for no reason? He was practically asking to get the sack. Also, losing TWICE to Inverness, for the first times in history, not to mention losing to Falkirk for the first time in like 40 years?

He clearly didn't think it would be much of a challenge, and wasn't prepared to get results against ALL the teams. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ian Durrant appointed as manager until the end of the season.

And 9 to 5, you need to keep your Blackburn bias locked away. He played decent for you guys, solid, nothing too amazing, didn't like it, and went back to being the superstar he is at Rangers. In comparison, Mikel Arteta was about as good as Ferguson when they played together at Rangers, but he can play just as well for Everton.

Yeah, as if I am the only one biased. Barry for us was shite. Clearly didn't like being a small fish in a big pond or having to work to show his skill. In a less talented league like Scotland he shone out because in comparson he didn't need to do too much to look a superstar. Not a knock on the Scottish league, but any fool knows that the English league is stronger and has better players. Sure, breaking his leg not long after moving is bad luck. But, all he ever did was 5 yard sideways passing and didn't want to be there at all. Ask any Rovers fan. Most that I know rank him alongside out worst signings for a long way, mainly for the cost and what we actually got.

Arteta looks like he wanted to move and make a success of himself outside Rangers. Barry Ferguson just loves his comfort zone.

Yeah, as if I am the only one biased. Barry for us was shite. Clearly didn't like being a small fish in a big pond or having to work to show his skill. In a less talented league like Scotland he shone out because in comparson he didn't need to do too much to look a superstar. Not a knock on the Scottish league, but any fool knows that the English league is stronger and has better players. Sure, breaking his leg not long after moving is bad luck. But, all he ever did was 5 yard sideways passing and didn't want to be there at all. Ask any Rovers fan. Most that I know rank him alongside out worst signings for a long way, mainly for the cost and what we actually got.

Arteta looks like he wanted to move and make a success of himself outside Rangers. Barry Ferguson just loves his comfort zone.

If you are refering to Blackburn as a "big pond," you must consider a puddle as a pond love.

Guest KrisBoyd

Ferguson has only returned to form for Rangers this season, crap last season. I still say he'd walk into most Premiership teams.

Local radio has been saying all night that McCoist will take over with Stuart McCall as his asisstant and with Walter Smith as a Director of football.

BBC says it'll be announced next week that Walter Smith will be manager with McCoist as his assistant, and Smith will continue to manage Scotland. Then down the line McCoist will become manager with Stuart McCall as assistant.

McCall has said that as long as he's at Sheffield United and they're in the Premiership, he'll help keep them in the Premiership until told otherwise. Or something to that effect.

So I don't expect that to happen until at least the start of next season.

I'm not happy if Smith leaves the Scotland manager position, so I'm not sure how he'll manage to juggle both. It might make the non-Rangers and Rangers players in the Scotland squad to feel uncomfortable towards each other, or to the manager (or even to themselves).

Although he's never shown much Rangers bias in his squad selection, that's probably why Scotland's been doing so well in the qualifiers. It's almost always the best possible team every time.

I knew I should have placed the bet the Mirror recommended for Le Guen to go ahead of Ferguson. Day later, bam, he went.

Oh, and Rangers were apalling against Dunfermline, really shocked at how they played when I watched it at work. Fought back, but leaving yourself a 3 goal mountain to climb is always going to be tough to get back at.

I knew I should have placed the bet the Mirror recommended for Le Guen to go ahead of Ferguson. Day later, bam, he went.

Oh, and Rangers were apalling against Dunfermline, really shocked at how they played when I watched it at work. Fought back, but leaving yourself a 3 goal mountain to climb is always going to be tough to get back at.

Guest KrisBoyd

I actually woke up that day (I slept...a lot), put the TV on, it happened to be on Sky Sports 1, Rangers vs Dunfermline. Wahey. 3-0!? 3-FUCKING-0?! And it was only about 50 minutes gone.

I only saw the second half rapage Rangers had over the Pars. Thank God.

The only thing Rangers can do this season now is reclaim a Champions League spot. -__-