So.. how bad do you want a Playstation 3?

Only In Dreams

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that even my town hit the craze. Going to school it was about 7:00 and I see about 50 people outside of target waiting for them to open in about 30 minutes to get a PS3. If I ever bother getting one it will be within a few years anyways when the price has gone down and the bugs are worked out.

So all these people getting swept up in the PS3 craze... did they not realize that there isn't a single game worth playing to justify a $600 system? Take a look at IGN's review page for the PS3, there is one game above 9.0 and surprise, surprise, it's a First Person Shooter. Sorry, but Resistance: Fall of Man isn't what I would call "killer app." Other than that, the only games in the 8.0s are: NBA2K7, Madden 07, Tiger Woods 07, NHL2k7, and Ridge Racer... 7. Great, so I just paid $600 for a system with the sports games I could play on the 360 with damn near identical graphics and a bigger online community.

It just really pisses me off because this time last year, I was watching Microsoft rush the next generation and waiting patiently for a PS3. Sony gets another year to correct the mistakes Microsoft made and the mistakes they made themselves with the PS2's launch six years ago. And this is what we get? A $600 system where pretty much all you get is the ability to say "Hey, I got a PS3." It's more of a status thing than anything else. Let's hope Nintendo does something with the Wii and Microsoft keeps up what they're doing now and force Sony to actually turn the PS3 into something good instead of just resting on reputation.

I agree with Zero 100%. I was one of the first to complain about Microsoft rushing their launch (honestly the system just got it's killer app about a year later with Gears). Here Sony is with an entire extra year to get their shit together and they still disappoint.

With the Wii you've got Twilight Princess (check out the riots on sites due to Gamespot's 8.8 score...hardcore Nintendo fanatics are going nuts), Red Steel (5.5 or not it still looks good), and hell you're getting a fucking game WITH the damn system. The games themselves will even be cheaper, and if it's your thing there's always the Virtual Console.

360 launched with Call of Duty 3, Project Gotham 3, and Perfect Dark Zero (all closest to killer apps you can get). Nothing stellar but there was at least a little something for everyone with a few stand out titles.

PS3? All I can see is Resistance which is done by Insomniac (whom I find overrated as hell). Where the hell is DMC 4? Wasn't that supposed to be a launch title? Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Lair, all look like they'll be stellar...next year.

Sony should have seriously waited until next year, got their shit together with more units (reliable ones at that) and a huge launch list. Go all out with the damn thing, but noooooo they'd rather sit on their hands and let the Playstation name make a few hardcore maniacs go nuts over a giant plastic turd.

It came with Taladega Nights though...whoo.

Twilight Princess is going to suck with the Wii controller. You have this massive game that you have to constantly flail your arms around to attack. Fuck that, I'm getting the Cube version if they don't let you play the Wii game with the shell as reports are saying.

And Red Steel is going to be complete crap, I've been saying that for months.

Okay... let's all pretend we actually wanted a PS3 very badly but, you didn't have the money.... come on, people. Stop laughing and just pretend for a second you wanted to spend a measly $600 and buy a system with one good launch title. Just pretend. That's all I'm asking... ohh yeah, I'm also asking you this question.

What would you sell to buy a Playstation 3?

Also all the cameras and media shit, and dressing like a pimp. Just fucking shit. What's the point of doing it if you're going to announce it like that. A driveby sledgehammering would have been so much better.

Like that guy that drove-by and ruined Harry Potter.

They come tearing round the corner in a car, screech to a halt, chuck the PS3 out the window, jump out of the car dressed like fucking Ninjas or something and spend three point two seconds ruining that consoles shit with bats before jumping back into the car and blitzing off into the sunset.. and if the back wheel happens to go over the PS3 corpse then all the fucking better.

A stunned bystander who 'just happened' to be recording the queue for his school newspapers report on the lengths that people go to for video games 'luckily' catches the whole thing on tape and gets the crowds reactions at the same time, with maybe some interviews to go with it.

These guys should hire me.

I believe on CNN.com there's a whole list of reported crimes related to the PS3. Stores being held at gun point, people being stabbed and shot. I also remember reading an article about a nine month pregnant woman who was ignoring her contractions so she could get a PS3.

Jesus Christ some people need to get a fucking life. Waiting 36+ hours in line to get a video game console? I mean I'm a pretty big fucking game nerd, but even I have standards. The simple fact is that some people are crazy and there should have been enough units shipped to satisfy everyone (which there naturally wasn't).

Insanity...just insanity.

I keep hearing the "no life" thing, but you gotta remember, a lot of these are parents who "need" it for Christmas. I'd be willing to be the extreme cases are a result of those people. People got trampled and assaulted for Tickle Me Elmo years ago and Cabbage Patch Kids way back in the day, some parents go crazy. Of course if you had to stab someone to keep your little bastard child from throwing a fit on Christmas morning, you'd probably think about it too.

In real life the people in that comic probably would have broken through the windows lol.

And honestly these parents need to teach their kids the value of paitence. The only way I'd stab someone is if my child was in danger. I see what you're saying though Zero, some people can get pretty extreme.

I keep hearing the "no life" thing, but you gotta remember, a lot of these are parents who "need" it for Christmas. I'd be willing to be the extreme cases are a result of those people. People got trampled and assaulted for Tickle Me Elmo years ago and Cabbage Patch Kids way back in the day, some parents go crazy. Of course if you had to stab someone to keep your little bastard child from throwing a fit on Christmas morning, you'd probably think about it too.

That being the case then the parents need to become better parents and have their little brats understand the situation.

I understand where they're coming from, but it's just silly to get violent about these things.

The whole "no life" thing still stands as most of the people in line were young people that were skipping school and threatened their part-time jobs for this. It's just nuts and not justifiable in any way.