So.. how bad do you want a Playstation 3?

Only In Dreams

I've dealt with the reliabilty problems in regards to the DVD drives on the PS2. Mine would be very erratic, playing a game or movie one day and then not playing it the next. I got an XBOX near launch, and after 2 years the same thing started to happen.

My 360 so far has had no problems what-so-ever over the 6 months I have owned it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wii seems to be the most buggy too, the firmware update has been reported to brick systems and I've seen numerous pictures of broken TVs from sweaty hands and wrist straps failing. Wii Sports + Fatties = Broken TVs. But on the other hand Playstations are always buggy as shit. So who knows.

The Wii had the best launch by default. You can find one and it's cheap. I don't see any spectacular must-have titles though. Yes, I'm aware of Zelda... I'm reserving judgment until I play it with what sounds like a ridiculous control set up.

The Wii had the best launch by default. You can find one and it's cheap. I don't see any spectacular must-have titles though. Yes, I'm aware of Zelda... I'm reserving judgment until I play it with what sounds like a ridiculous control set up.

Watching a few gameplay videos for the Wii show me that for (Well for bowling at least) that if you gently throw the ball it doesn't go as fast as a harder stroking of the Wiimote.

But it's probably different for every game.

You can get a different remote that's like a normal games controller. It's not required for anyone to roll around in front of their TV just to hit a tennis ball.

Must be a fucking annoyance to program the controls for these Wii games.

Tom's Hardware Guide:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/21/top10_ps3_reasons/

Our Top 10 reasons why to buy a Playstation 3 on Ebay

10. You can buy from a celebrity

From the auction: "If you live in the Portland Metro area you know who I am; I was the guy that you saw standing in line at Best Buy on Airport Way. I was there from Monday 10pm until the release Friday morning at 8am; it was incredible. I am certain you are aware of the obvious over saturation of the PS3 marketplace here on eBay. This being the case, I am not letting this package go for anything less then $5000."

Yours for: $5000

9. Finance a college fund

From the auction: "The reason I am setting up this auction is to fund my children's college fund. I have 4 beautiful children and would like them to have a great future."

Yours for: $1,000,000

8. Get a free car

From the auction: "Now for your bonus: 1994 BMW 540i Oriental Blue exterior with light gray leather interior. Makes any trip fast! 134,000 miles. Runs and Drives with excellence!"

Yours for: $9500

7. Deduct your PS3 from taxes

From the auction: "I am involved with an organization called Younglife that I am giving 90% of the $ to. I am keeping 10% of the money. $5000. I will be using that money to move my wife and [me]to Arizona."

Yours for: $50,000

6. Get your PS3 from Santa, Mrs. Clause and four Elves

From the auction: "We will personally delivery this package to the winning bidders' house, anywhere in the world, on Christmas morning. We will be showing up as Santa Clause with Mrs. Clause & 4 Elves. We have contacted a world news broadcasting company in hopes of having them cover this story on Christmas morning ... Obviously this will be a big moment for you and your family and we are dedicated to making this the most memorable Christmas ever."

Yours for: $1,750,000

5. Get a Playstation 3 and Wii for every TV in your house

From the auction: "5 60GB PS3 and 1 20GB PS3 for $14,000.00 or accepted best offers $12,000.00 and above get 6 Wii and 6 TMX Free"

Yours for: $12,000

4. Be proud of having bought the most expensive PS3

From the auction: "You will have bragging rights. You can say you spent X amount of dollars on a PS3. This auction will get on the news. You will be known worldwide."

Yours for: $125,000

3. Thanksgiving is just around the corner

From the auction: "Help me afford my Turkey stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken, wrapped in bacon, filled with ranch dressing and cheese. It sounds delicious. I want one, and I want to invite Stephen Colbert to dinne[r]! Make it happen!"

Yours for: $5700

2. Fund someone's movie career

From the auction: "My brother and I are aspiring movie writers/directors and I am doing this to help make that a reality."

Yours for: $25,000

and finally ... drumroll please ... you should buy a PS3 on Ebay because ...

1. Some PS3 sellers are very sensitive

From the auction: "Why should I listen to the negativity that other people has to throw at me? Why should I lower my price based on what 10 people think? Who are they to tell me what to do? As far as I know, I live in a country filled with hopes and dreams. I'm proud to live in a country with so much freedom. Why should I give up my hopes, dreams, and freedom, because of people that just want to be hurtful! So I'm going to exceed my own limitations and do what I wanted to do. I'm not being greedy or needy. Like I said, it's a free country so I can do whatever I wish to do. Whether this thing sells for 1,000,000 or a dollar, it's only money. And yes, in the end, this is only a toy with a retail value of $599."

Yours for: $1,000,000

I've dealt with the reliabilty problems in regards to the DVD drives on the PS2. Mine would be very erratic, playing a game or movie one day and then not playing it the next. I got an XBOX near launch, and after 2 years the same thing started to happen.

My 360 so far has had no problems what-so-ever over the 6 months I have owned it.

This is bullshit. These people are crazy to buy this piece of shit. I'm not getting this lump of crap until at least 2008. People getting killed over this thing? Why? Why wait there when you can go two weeks later, and get one? It's the same price, and the same shitty launch titles are out.

Again, it's a status thing. Cut your initial shipment from millions to less than half a million and you're automatically going to create that must-have feeling for early adopters and die-hard Sony fans. This will get them to sell more consoles in the future because of the buzz surrounding how hard it is to get one; make something impossible to get and many people want one. Trust me, it's a far better marketing strategy than their launch line-up.

This is bullshit. These people are crazy to buy this piece of shit. I'm not getting this lump of crap until at least 2008. People getting killed over this thing? Why? Why wait there when you can go two weeks later, and get one? It's the same price, and the same shitty launch titles are out.

Why would you want something that you consider a lump of crap in 2008?