So.. how bad do you want a Playstation 3?

Only In Dreams

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3...1QQcmdZViewItem

So.. my question is, besdies this guy who spends that amount of money for a gaming console, who would spend that amount of money for the system?

600 by far is quite retarded for a system that plays the Blu Ray discs, has a 60GB harddrive, all this fun stuff, but in the end overheats, and fries out on you. When my local Best Buy put up its display this Sunday to showcase the system, within the first two hours of it being on the system overheated and turned off.

Got to love Sony.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah unless it was this entirely rich guy who bought it off from him, because any normal American does not have ten grand just sitting there next to him to blow off on the Playstation 3. Or am I just living on the wrong side of America?

Oh and I just love the person who won the item on E-Bay's username: ihategreedypeople3.

The user is such a liar.

Edited by twoonglue

BUT IT HAS GIANT ENEMY CRABS~!

Yes, but can you hit their weak points for massive damage?

I don't care for Sony's business model in this generation. While they're taking risks, they're taking risks in extremely costly ways. Consider this: they're selling a $600 video game system--one of the most expensive ever made (I'd say not the most, figuring inflation)--and they're doing so at a pretty sizable loss. I think I heard they were losing in the neighborhood of $300-$400 per console sold. And while they're banking on games and peripherals (You guys have no idea how much cash these assholes make on peripherals until you pay 5% over wholesale with your employee discount and get a $35 cord for $2.) for profit, there's no "must-have" games right now. It'll be months or even years before we start getting the GTA's, the Final Fantasies, the Metal Gear Solids... in short, the real system-movers.

Sony, instead of actually trying to innovate in the market, is flopping its dick around. Instead of showing how creative and interesting their system is, they're showing what pretty pictures it can make and how awesome the sweat looks on their simulated professional basketball players. Sure, they're the same damn games you've played a thousand times before, but don't they look this much nicer?

I'll give it time before I give a final verdict, but this struck me as a really anemic launch. Obviously, the real winners are the eBay sellers, though.

Maybe I'll want a PS3 in two years. But right now the only console that interests me is the Wii and even though I have the money for that I'm still reluctant when it comes to even buying THAT, so...

Okay... let's all pretend we actually wanted a PS3 very badly but, you didn't have the money.... come on, people. Stop laughing and just pretend for a second you wanted to spend a measly $600 and buy a system with one good launch title. Just pretend. That's all I'm asking... ohh yeah, I'm also asking you this question.

What would you sell to buy a Playstation 3?

No, blue ray is useless because there's just no point to having 50GB worth of space when no game can possibly even come close to that amount. Maybe if somebody started working on a game now, with around several hundred hours of gameplay, including several full length movies thrown in, to be released only after the PS4 comes out...you still won't fill that much space up.

Consider then, the average game, and you realize that you're paying a whole lot of cash for a bunch of unused space.

No, blue ray is useless because there's just no point to having 50GB worth of space when no game can possibly even come close to that amount. Maybe if somebody started working on a game now, with around several hundred hours of gameplay, including several full length movies thrown in, to be released only after the PS4 comes out...you still won't fill that much space up.

Consider then, the average game, and you realize that you're paying a whole lot of cash for a bunch of unused space.

Edited by Steaming Pile Of Shit

Yeah, a cheap blu-ray player that will likely crap out like the PS2's cheap DVD players usually did. Every PS2 I've ever personally encountered (from my own to the ones my friends have) either won't play DVDs at all, won't play blue bottom discs, won't play DVDs with any scratches, or just won't play anything that goes into the drive period. Mine personally won't properly play any DVD movie with even the lightest surface scratch. Wow, talk about a quality product. :thumbsdown:

Now I'll admit 50GB of storage is all great and wonderful, it's even more great and wonderful when Sony start releasing games like Gran Turismo HD with hardly anything on the disc to begin with, instead focusing on saving the majority of the game onto the HDD (which has reportedly been filling up rather quickly).

Aside from the Blu-Ray disc debate I thought I'd throw another little interesting tidbit in here about the damn things heating issues. Two of my buddies went in and actually got a console (they sadly didn't notice the PS3 kiosks were dead from overheating until after the purchase). Anyways, they both brought their consoles home and no more than three hours later both systems let out a beep, and turned off. They tried getting it to turn back on to no avail. Only about ten minutes ago I was talking to one on MSN and he said the system was dead.

I understand that launch systems usually have problems (minus Nintendo) but THREE fucking HOURS?! That's insane. If I pay $800 (cost of the system + game in CDN dollars) I want the fucking thing to last me at least three fucking years. All this talk about the PS3 being a "computer" is utter bullshit. Computers can at least rid themselves of their excess heat and be left running for weeks without problems.

Anyway I'm kind of ranting. The whole PS3 situation is sort of getting my goat. Hopefully they'll get the thing working properly in a few years when I expect there'll be enough good games to urge me to purchase.

Edited by Drifter_2000