Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I am three weeks behind but I've deleted the episodes from my laptop. Wholeheartedly do not care how this ends now.

I say this with no sarcasm, you're probably better off. Honestly, watch them as a clump just for finalities sake, but don't rush to it, just save it for one day when you've got nothing better to do.
  • Like 1

Normally i don't bother emailing networks (except for Fox who, despite their fault, always get back to me) but i may write a scathing email to Showtime regarding this season. I've harped on it before but Dexter has consistently increased its audience year after year and, despite a few mediocre seasons, it was still an enjoyable show to watch but right now it's become a parody of itself.

• Like 2

If that article is true i think Showtime want to create a new generation of Dexters which will involve every single pissed off fan thus having an endless cycle of shows.

Thats the only logical conclusion i can come up with.

Dexter is a remorseless, emotionless, bad motherfucker who is taught at an early age to take his anger and evil out on people who deserve it. In no way shape or form should he fucking CRY in front of one of his colleagues

I can't even bring myself to hatewatch this one anymore, but...

Is what you've spoilered there really the problem with how all this is winding down?

No but its my biggest gripe about it really. I would have loved to have seen a big manhunt on for Dexter after Batista twigs on what LaGuerta found out. Dexter on the run and Batista using the entire Miami Police Force/FBI resources in the final few episodes hunting down Dexter would have made for some awesome TV if done right.

What i spoilered pretty much goes against what was always ingrained into his character. Yes he can grow, yes he can be more perceptive of how others feel and how others feel for him but don't make the guy a flat out bitch

So it's the second-to-last episode and I'm watching Dexter sell his boat to some guy, listing the features. What the hell?

The rumoured spin-off turns out to be about Dexter's boat. After a life of seeing violent murders, the boat becomes a member of Miami Metro Homicide as a crime solving boat. It's new name? Knightboat! Every week there's a crime to solve, and every week there's a canal, inlet, or fjord to help solve that crime!
  • Like 4

To be honest, although the finale/final season was disappointing, i am totally fine with how it ended.

Dexter living is justification and his own punishment. He has lost his son, his girlfriend and his sister (permanently). I just wish there was a big bad to do the final season justice. Needless to say i'll be sending Showtime a scathing email as this was my favourite show and they severely let everyone down and lied when they said "they will not let Dexter go out with anything but a bang"

"So where gonna introduce a daughter for Masuka?"
"Yes"

"And then what?"
"Well she just hangs around and smokes weed once and that's it"
"Brilliant, just what the final season needs!"

• Like 1