Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Got no idea what to say about that finale. I kinda want them to do like an episode more or something just so that that isn't the ending.

This show is a great example of one that went from greatness to complete clusterfuck stupidity. It's descent from Season 5 onwards has been frustrating and sad.

What a waste of a show with so much potential. The AV Club nailed it when they said it takes a special talent to make you regret ever watching the show, but goddamn did they pull it off.

After last year's insanity, I worry that Showtime will "Dexter" Homeland in rapid time. Yes, "dextering" is a verb now, for when a show shits the bed so bad, "jumping the shark" just doesn't cut it.

And I loved Season 5 despite so many hating it. Season 6 to this was just pitiful.

• Like 1

Show should've ended after season 5, but Showtime's gotta milk every nickel out of it first. Did the same shit with Weeds. One of my friends compared Weeds and Dexter, in that both shows start out strong and then flounder and stay way past their due date.

After last year's insanity, I worry that Showtime will "Dexter" Homeland in rapid time.

Dexter never was anywere near as good as Homeland is. The show was always packed with sterotypical characters up and down the road.

Did that Masuka has a daughter thing ever conclude?

After last year's insanity, I worry that Showtime will "Dexter" Homeland in rapid time.

Dexter never was anywere near as good as Homeland is. The show was always packed with sterotypical characters up and down the road.

Did that Masuka has a daughter thing ever conclude?

Screw that, Homeland season one was great, but the Trinity season was one of the best seasons of TV I've ever seen.

• Like 1

So, ranking the seasons, anyone?

1. Season 4 (The Trinity Killer)
Honestly one of the best seasons of TV that I have ever watched. Even rewatching, I still get chills from "Hello, Dexter Morgan". From start to finish it was a wonderful season.

2. Season 2 (Doakes)
They shot their load early by having all Dex's kills show up in the second season, abd Doakes really made this season something amazing. They couldn't believably hold off on Doakes being an enemy for too long since he was already established as disliking Dexter from the start. Has it's flaws, but nothing glaringly bad, and a lot of great stuff.

3. Season 1 (The Ice Truck Killer)
The season that started it. Some wonderful stuff, particularly Dex's un-natural reactions to things. The main arc was a bit weak (OMG IT'S HIS BROTHER WHO WE THOUGHT WAS DEAD~!) but otherwise good.

4. Season 6 (The Doomsday Killers)
Flawed, and I'll probably get flack for this one, but I loved Mos Def's character, and the twist of Colin Hanks' mentor being Dexter's Harry was something I was surprised I didn't see coming. I kind of felt like Dexter searching for God or meaning should have come straight after Rita's death though.

5. Season 5 (Lumen)
This would be higher had Lumen not just gone at the end (and if it had a better villain than Jordan whatever his name was). I liked seeing Dexter cope with the loss of Rita, and realise that maybe, just maybe, he could make human connections after all.

6. Season 3 (Miguel Prado)
When I first watched this season, I watched it in bulk and liked it, but looking back it was totally forgettable. Aside from something involving a sniper and that's pretty much it. Plus it introduced Quinn, so really it should be lower.

7. Season 7 (The Black Widow/Russian Mob/LaGuerta)
Disliked this entire season. Dropped stories all over the place and a worse addition to the show than Quinn in the form of Hannah.

8. Season 8 (The Brain Surgeon)
'Nuff said.

Season 4, Season 2, Season 1, Season 3, Season 5, Season 7, Season 6, Season 8.

If I could isolate the first half of season 7 it would rank higher than 3 and 5. But I can't.