Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I haven't watched the finale yet. Will watch it when it comes on in a little bit. As amazing as the other episodes have been I know it won't disappoint. so yeah discuss the show and about what you want to happen in season 2. Please hide finale spoilers in spoiler tages ;)

A little late for an official topic, no? :P I never bothered to make one as it just seemed to be me and Ringo at first, but then you posted in the television thread midway though the season. But yeah, my thoughts are all there and it was a great episode for a great season. Those not watching are clearly missing out on something great here.

yeah a little too late lol. Finale was awesome. it didn't disappoint. I'm worried as to what will happen in season 2 . I hope they don't go down the road I think their going to go. But they really got me with the big twist ;) This show and Weeds are Showtimes greatest shows imo.

That was a fucking awesome finale.

But I liked Brian. I wanted Dexter to side with him even though I knew it'd never happen. Brian was an insanely cool guy who I really liked. The actor who played him did a really good job in my opinion.

I'll like to see what they do next season and what will happen with Paul/Rita/Doakes.

Good news for Dexter in the ratings for the first season finale as it is the first show since 2004 to get over a million viewers.

Last week was a pretty good one for Michael C. Hall and his Showtime series "Dexter."

On Tuesday, Hall was nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in the show's title role as the crime-scene analyst/serial killer. Then on Sunday, "Dexter's" first-season finale became the most-watched original series telecast on Showtime in at least two years.

The finale drew an audience of 1.1 million people, which Showtime says is the biggest for an original series since 2004, when Nielsen started separating the channel's ratings from Showtime Plex, the package of Showtime channels offered by most cable and satellite systems.

Showtime is notoriously circumspect about revealing its ratings numbers, but since the heyday of "Queer As Folk" it's been rare that a series has topped a million viewers. And considering Showtime has fewer than 20 million subscribers, a million viewers is a pretty solid performance.

The ratings for the finale are also significantly better than those for the show's October premiere, which drew slightly more than 600,000 viewers.

Showtime has already renewed "Dexter" for a second season, with production scheduled to begin in the spring.

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but I didn't wanna make a new one if it wasn't necessary. Anyone watch this show? I love it. I just finished the first season and am 2 episodes into the 2nd season, so no spoilers please :)

I've gotta say I thought the ending to Season 1 was very cliche and unoriginal tbh, but I liked it anyway.

The second season really didn't feel quite as strong as the first for mine in terms of the underlying narrative, but the character development was wonderfully done. Really looking forward to the third season.

I believe that the final episode of the first series is on this week (tomorrow I think) on ITV here. The best thing that ITV have done... and they didn't even do it.

I like how they've tied things together and not revealed too much of Dexter's past.

The final episode aired last week but I think ITV repeat it on tuesdays so yeah you would be right. I watched the second season last week and I have to say I was pretty gripped by it, and the final ep of season 2 is pretty good. As was said before, character development is great in season 2, and I had to laugh in one of the eps when Dexter, who is doing the narrating, says: "Great, the narratives are back." I don't know why, but small things like that make me laugh

The first season was more then likely the best piece of programming I've watched in a long time and being as I'm in the U.K and i'm inpatient where season two is concerned, yeah I've seen it all already lol, it's still a good watch but in comparison with season one, it's not as nearly as hard hitting, gripping in other ways but I thought it generally had a bit of a different feel about it.

Season 3 I cannot wait for, October actually isn't that far away, I was expecting early next year.

• 4 months later...