Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I love John Lithglow as Trinity, he's probably one of my favourite characters in a good while.

Can I just say I fucking hate when Dex's hunt's go badly? I think it says a lot for the writing of the show that I care so much when something bad happens to the central character and I legit care about it. I don't usually have that feeling for many characters, other than people like Sawyer, Hank Moody, Michael Schofield, Sookie Stackhouse or Dean Winchester. Nothing more satisfying than Dex getting that kill. I worry for my sanity over how satisfying that is, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

Sucks there is only 3 episodes left for the season. On one hand, I like that they dont have to have any episodes be filler to kill time with a typical 20 some odd episode season, but I HATE waiting for the next season.

REALLY hope the Trinity thing goes over into the next season. It has been fan-dabi-dozi, and the last episode WAS intense as fuck. Dexter pulling Trinity with a belt into the kitchen after seeing Trinity lose it, finding out Trinity and his family arent as perfect as Dexter (and we) though, finding out the reporter is Trinity's daughter, Deb on the hunt for the person who REALLY shot her (Anton? Just because the actor isnt listed for other episodes doesnt mean it CANT be him)? Just a fan-dabi-dozi episode and I cant wait for the next 3 weeks to come.

Edited by Vitamin E

My assumption is that Christine shot Deb and Lundy. Remember how Christine knew that Deb was face to face with Lundy when he took his last breath? Yeah. I haven't been watching all season so I could be wrong and maybe Christine was at the crime scene when it happened or something - but it seems to me like maybe Christine shot them for whatever reason. As nonchalant as she was about Trinity showing up in the shape he was in at her door, I'm going to go out on a limb and say she knows what he is.

Edited by Cloudy

Sucks there is only 3 episodes left for the season. On one hand, I like that they dont have to have any episodes be filler to kill time with a typical 20 some odd episode season, but I HATE waiting for the next season.

REALLY hope the Trinity thing goes over into the next season. It has been fan-dabi-dozi, and the last episode WAS intense as fuck. Dexter pulling Trinity with a belt into the kitchen after seeing Trinity lose it, finding out Trinity and his family arent as perfect as Dexter (and we) though, finding out the reporter is Trinity's daughter, Deb on the hunt for the person who REALLY shot her (Anton? Just because the actor isnt listed for other episodes doesnt mean it CANT be him)? Just a fan-dabi-dozi episode and I cant wait for the next 3 weeks to come.

Can't be Anton, he's not Masuka's height. I'm throwing in my hat for the more obvious, Christine. She knew things about the crime that she couldn't possibly have without being there when it happened. Also, Anton isn't the type to flip the fuck out like that. Even when he found out that Deb cheated on him, he wanted to help her get well and work things out.

Guest Raving Rich

Things seem to be so obvious that they want us to think Christine shot Deb and Lundy, but I'm going to go a bit outside the box here and say it was Jonah who did it. Maybe that's what he had to do in order to get his old man's car to drive around and/or maybe he had to do it to stop his father from hitting the shit out of him for the time being.

Whoever shot Deb & Lundy, I can't wait for the end of this season. However, I would like to maintain that Season 1 was the best season by a country mile.

Things seem to be so obvious that they want us to think Christine shot Deb and Lundy, but I'm going to go a bit outside the box here and say it was Jonah who did it. Maybe that's what he had to do in order to get his old man's car to drive around and/or maybe he had to do it to stop his father from hitting the shit out of him for the time being.

Whoever shot Deb & Lundy, I can't wait for the end of this season. However, I would like to maintain that Season 1 was the best season by a country mile.

Nah, Series 2 had me on the edge of my seat every episode. The whole thing with Doakes & Dexter were fantastic that series.

Guest Raving Rich

Nah, Series 2 had me on the edge of my seat every episode. The whole thing with Doakes & Dexter were fantastic that series.

The thing that ruined Series 2 & 3 for me was that Lyla and Miguel didn't really need to get involved.

As predictable as that was, it still had me on the edge of my seat. Fantastic episode, and it looks like the final two episodes of the season are going to be good ones as well. I'm going to assume that, rather than Dexter being exposed, the big twist they're hyping will be Dexter finding out about his wife cheating on him with that neighbor. Though, I would like to see Dexter exposed as the Bay Harbor Butcher just to see the fallout..

As predictable as that was, it still had me on the edge of my seat. Fantastic episode, and it looks like the final two episodes of the season are going to be good ones as well. I'm going to assume that, rather than Dexter being exposed, the big twist they're hyping will be Dexter finding out about his wife cheating on him with that neighbor. Though, I would like to see Dexter exposed as the Bay Harbor Butcher just to see the fallout..

I don't think that'll be the big twist they are teasing, but dexter will find out...i also think deb will find out about dexter's mom being her dad's CI and lover, which will show that the ice truck killer was her son and maybe give away dexter...i don't know, all i know is i can't wait!

Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Predictability isnt always bad. This is a case where it wasnt. Despite people suggesting Christine as the killer of Lundy, it didnt take anything away from it REALLY being revealed.

Adding a fourth piece to the Trinity puzzle was fan-dabi-dozi not only because does it add more to Arthur, but it also connects himself and Dexter even more.

I seriously cannot wait for the final two episodes. I'm way too anxious to wait to see what happens. As for what this big twist could be... I really don't know. It WOULD be interesting to see Dexter outed as the BHB, but I cant see that really happening at this point just because I can't see how they could follow that up with an entirely new season. Dexter finding out about his wife being kissed by their neighbor? Hardly think that is 'big twist' sounding. Deb finding out about Dexters mom/her dad? I could def. see that happening. Other things would be Deb or someone in Dexters family being killed by Trinity.

I made a big prediction before the season began to one of my friends about something that would happen this season by the end, and that was rita, astor, and cody getting killed by trinity after he finds out who dexter is..leaving dexter and harrison alone and trinity makes it through the season. I could see it happening even now, but i don't know...anybody think it's at least possible?

I made a big prediction before the season began to one of my friends about something that would happen this season by the end, and that was rita, astor, and cody getting killed by trinity after he finds out who dexter is..leaving dexter and harrison alone and trinity makes it through the season. I could see it happening even now, but i don't know...anybody think it's at least possible?

I think that would be fantastic. Show Dexter come home and blood is everywhere. You don't need to show everyone's bodies, but have Harrison covered in blood, just like Dexter was as a kid. Then you have the question of whether Harrison will grow up to be like Dexter too, which I think would be really interesting and builds up the Trinity kill until next season.

On one hand, I would dislike having Rita and the kids killed because, despite not really being MAIN characters and instead being main side characters I guess, I actually like having them around.

On the other hand, though, I think it would be a fan-dabi-dozi thing to do and would be something most probably wouldnt expect. Figure, if you kill off Rita and the kids (minus Harrison), then you not only get rid of something being in Dexters way of killing, but you also give him more motivation to get Trinity even more, and can help show more human side to him.

Whatever it is they do, I just hope it isn't a letdown, like Dexter finding out about Rita/that guy (I expect him to find out, but not as the big twist).

This is one of the few shows that I cant wait until the next week to see.

Edited by Vitamin E

After Dex killing that innocent, I can see the big twist being something like Dex finding out and killing the guy in cold blood, kind've going completely off the rails when it comes to Harry's Code. That would make for an interesting next season, with his lines become more blurred on who he can justify killing. Throw in more of Deb looking for Dex's dad, another main killer and you've got yourself a story right there. (Y)

If they kill off everyone in Dexter's family except Harrison, that would mean either a) no more killings, or b) Dexter would have to take Harrison to every stalk and kill he does. Deb works just as much as Dexter, so who would Dexter dump the kid off to so he could have his alone time with his dark passenger every so often? I just don't see them killing off his family. If anything, Trinity gets very close to doing so, but is somehow stopped by Dexter without being seen by his family. I think it's fairly obvious that this Trinity storyline will end with the season finale, though. Whether that means Trinity dies or not is a different story.