Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I go back and forth with Quinn every other episode. I liked him and hated him both in the first episode. I liked the first episode. It set us up for what should be an incredibly interesting season. With Dexter being watched by Quinn and the FBI and him having to take care of the kids (Astor should be a handful). I'm sure his Dark Passenger will kick in sooner rather than later with all the stress, and we'll see how he tries to control it.

EDIT: Speaking of characters I hate, does anybody else hate Deb?

Yes i cant stand Deb, she is always bitching and does that ridiculous screwed up crying thing that makes her look awful.

wanted her to be killed off for ages! but that wont happen with Hall and Carpenter being married in real life.

Fourth season premier drew up its highest ever ratings. Me thinks Dexter will be around for quite a while yet.

I would love to play a Dexter game. Would be awesome silently and sneakily stalking your pray.

Well, the fourth season was pretty good and I think that's part of the reason the fifth season got such a high rating. However, I loved the first episode of the new season and can't wait for the next.

Am I the only one who thinks it was hilarious that (Episode 1 Spoilers)

Dexter went into a funeral home and was astonished how the funeral director was able to show his feelings, him having played a similiar role in Six Feet Under :lol:?

Anyways, I'm excited for this season. Dexter getting chased was good in Season 2 and I hope they can copy the success of Season 4.

I know it won't happen (well, maybe it will), but I love how in the little teaser for the first episode they were showing for weeks, when his "world" was turned upside down, he got a cut on his face, similiar to the cut he makes on his vicitim's cheek, and he just wiped the blood off and kind of stared at it and then blankly into the camera.

I mean, there are rumors that Julia Stile's character will be a female Dexter (killing those who deserve it, etc). I think this season will be interesting. i absolutely loved the first episode, it had me in tears at some point. I wonder if the show will ever go the way of the books and have the kids being trained by Dexter to kill?

So, the second episode aired on Sunday and it was okay. It was pretty slowpaced in my opinion, which I don't necessarily like, but it set up a few interesting things, and I'm looking forward to how they play out.

I think it's good that the children are gone for a while, because they would have become annoying quickly. The show can now focus on Dexter dealing with his emotions, which seems to be the better way to go.

Miami Metro will have their hands full with the new killer, which is a good thing. I like it when the show focuses on different aspects and not only resolves around one single case.

There are also a couple of minor things that can be interesting, mainly the Debra/Quinn situation, as well as how the relationship between Angel and LaGuerta will continue.

Plus, Quinn still not letting go of the Trinity Case and he'll probably go after 'Kyle Butler' next. Pretty interesting dynamic.

I always wish the show would feature Masuka to a bigger extend, but I'm still happy about the direction the show is going.

Thoughts?

Anyone else get a weird feeling that Quinn might find out about Dexter being Kyle Butler and killing Trinity... and just let it go? I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn gets the wrong idea and thinks that Dexter was like, trying to go after a killer on his own instead of letting the police handle it, ends up getting in over his head with Mitchell and then when he kills Rita, Dex kills Trinity. It'd be an interesting twist and would help avoid this Season being just Season 2 all over again.

Just caught up to this thread. Quinn is a white boy douchebag fake-ass Doakes wannabe. Worst character on the show. Every scene with him is a terrible scene because it is a scene he is in.

Episode was a mixed bag but the scene with him and Animal Control Guy in the house at the same time with the self-help tape playing was fucking fantastic. Also, some hilariously overwrought Dexter narration lines here. Best was something like how he cares about his children BUT HE IS A CREATURE OF THE NIGHT. Shut up, Dex.

Just caught up to this thread. Quinn is a white boy douchebag fake-ass Doakes wannabe. Worst character on the show. Every scene with him is a terrible scene because it is a scene he is in.

Episode was a mixed bag but the scene with him and Animal Control Guy in the house at the same time with the self-help tape playing was fucking fantastic. Also, some hilariously overwrought Dexter narration lines here. Best was something like how he cares about his children BUT HE IS A CREATURE OF THE NIGHT. Shut up, Dex.

I think the line of the night was when he told Astor(er?) that nobody would notice her. It worked for me on so many levels.

Also, it made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

So, previews for next week... This is hopeful at best, but maybe Dexter has found someone to share his dark passenger with, albeit for a brief moment in time. Lumen is different from the other people he's shared it with (Lila, Miguel, Trinity) in that she's doing it for revenge, which is what Dexter craves so badly, but won't ever be able to get over Arthur. Dexter obviously seems reluctant at first ("I'll do what you won't", Lumen said in the previews), but I think he'll come around and help her when she blows her cover and puts both of them in jeopardy of being found out.

I don't know if Dexter winds up killing Quinn, I highly doubt it for some reason. I can see them getting into a tussle and someone getting their ass whipped, but that's about it. It'll be interesting to see, this triangle of emotions. Quinn on Dexter's trail, Deb seemingly falling for Quinn, and Dexter kind of just being there and oblivious to the whole situation thus far. I think eventually Quinn falls for Deb, too. That's where things get even more mirky and confusing.

I can't even begin to explain the amount of fuck I do not give about the Angel storyline, with IA.

There has to be something more about this babysitter thing, though. That's such an odd story to throw in the mix with all of this other stuff. Maybe it's just one of those stories that gets put into the series to show a "real life" side to things. I guess. On the subject of English females (Scottish, whatever)... I fuckin' miss Lila, goddamnit. :(

The babysitter is The Carver

Carver.jpg

Oh...wrong show. I figure that there is probably something to the nanny. She could be Lumen's mother and decided to downgrade her job to devote more time to spend time with her daughter once she comes back (She didn't seem to think she was kidnapped). It should be intriguing if they end up killing off Lumen at the end of the season like all the other guest stars.