Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Possibly he didn't, but he knew Liddy was tailing Dexter and pretty much confirmed he knew it was Dexter based on what Dexter said on the way to the crime scene. He also has the photos which shows them dumping a bag and IIRC Liddy told him it was either drugs or a body. Whether he will act upon the knowledge I don't know but he clearly cares more about Deb than bringing Dexter to justice. Maybe he'll try to have Deb catch him? Maybe he'll confront Dexter and the next series will be a big chess game between them? Maybe Quinn will leave it well alone?

Personally I hope Dexter panics and kills Quinn, leading to Deb hunting him down unknowingly. If Season 6 ends in a brother and sister face-off I'll be very, very happy. Don't know what will happen after that though. Deb will probably know about Harry teaching Dexter everything by that point so it'll be interesting to see if she lets Dexter go or not.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Personally I hope Dexter panics and kills Quinn, leading to Deb hunting him down unknowingly. If Season 6 ends in a brother and sister face-off I'll be very, very happy. Don't know what will happen after that though. Deb will probably know about Harry teaching Dexter everything by that point so it'll be interesting to see if she lets Dexter go or not.

Book Spoiler about Deb and Dex.

In the Books the dark passanger actualy gets played out very well. Unlike in the TV Show Dexter is fighting with his urge to kill, this leads him to almost killing Deb... she found out very early about Dexters Secret and even used him to get rid of someone.

As for a comment earlyer. Quinn and Liddy, anything but frinds? - Liddy gets discribed as the only Frind Quinn has, and because they had an disagrement because Quinn wanted Pussy throws all that in the trash to be goon forever? Esp. if Liddy gets killed two weeks later and simply is no more. I higly doubt it, but the bigest problem of the show is the flatness of the side characters so it might very well be handlet like that.

Really though, is Quinn really going to want to mess with the guy who got him off for murder and is the actual one who committed the murder? He accuses Dexter, everyone calls it a witch hunt after Quinn getting suspended once already, then Quinn would have to deal with a man obviously capable of murder and getting away with it. You'd think he'd count his blessings and move on, that or try and get in on the action.

I'd like to see the next season having Dexter dealing with the fact he had a real relationship with someone who knew the real him and lost it, maybe ending that season with Deb finding out about Dexter and then one more season dealing with all of that.

• 2 weeks later...

So after all the hype I went ahead anf got Season One. Outstanding. Been on a marathon and watched the first season in the last week and just finished up on the second season. Fantastic except for one thing...

What the FUCK is this bullshit of killing off Doakes? Seriously gutted at that, the character was bloody brilliant and provided some of my favorite moments.

Going to get my hands on Season 3 at some point over the next few days and watch it in the next week, cant wait, certainly become one of my favorite shows.

White Doakes is terrible. I liked Season 2, but in retrospect, I wish Doakes didn't get that close yet because this is a much bettter "Cop almost has Dex figured out" with a much worse character/actor. Couldn't they have just kept Erik King as James' twin brother or something?

I hated Doakes. He was plain annoying.

BUT that was when no one I knew was into it so I'd just watch each episode alone. When my flatmates got into it I watched from the beginning with them it was hilarious. I maintain the character was annoying as hell but it was nice having people to share a joke with. It was like a homemade RiffTrax.

What? How can you hate the man who coined "SUHPRISE MUTHAFOCKA~!"?

I watched season 1 & 2 when they first aired, and only caught up with 3-5 starting in November, but perhaps aside from the first series, third was my favourite. I, overall at least, preferred season 3 to 4 just because of Miguel Prado, the man who just wouldn't fuck off. It was great seeing Dexter and Miguel one-up each other whilst in the guise of being friends. And as I mentioned to GoGo the other day, the "You got the ring; I got city fucking hall!" scene is orgasm inducing.

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought of something....

Arthur/Trinity couldn't have killed Rita for two reasons. First, he only starts a cycle once he has buried a little boy in cement. Second, the woman who he normally kills in a bath tub is not a mother. Therefore I think I know someone who would have the right motive to kill Rita. I think it was Debra because I think she must be secretly pissed with Dexter that he knew Harry was having an affair and it turned out to be with her birth mother, so she goes over to Dexter's house looking to confront him over it and bumps into Rita (who's getting her ID like she said in the answer phone message) and after Debra tells Rita what she knows, Rita then probably says that she knew about Dexter's past (after Lila blurted it out during a dinner part also attended by Dexter, Rita and Rita's Mother) and as a result of that Debra kills Rita and not places her in a bath tub of running water to make it look like another Trinity killing, she places Harrison in the middle of the bathroom floor so that he'll be drenched in his mother's blood as a reminder for Dexter. I don't think Trinity killed Rita because he wouldn't know about Dexter's dark past and obviously in the final episode Debra found out about it.

Would that make any sense?

Sorry to bring that post up. Just read over the topic and this may be the most laughable idea/post I've ever seen. It's beyond madness.

Anyway, I've been on a Dexter marathon and just got done on Season 4. So far I'd rank the seasons as One being my favorite followed by Season Four, Season Three and then Season Two, though they've all been bloody brilliant. Anyway, that's the good news, sadly I'm still crying over...

RITA!

Throughout the entire finale I just felt it was coming. I checked over the wiki page a few days back to do with episodes and accidently stumbled across something noting Rita as Season 1 to Season 4, so I had a bad feeling she'd be killed off or leave Dexter. Seriously, one of the most gutting moments I've had while watching shows. She was a brilliant character. The scene was outstanding, but man that was sad. First they kill off the brilliant Doakes and just as I was getting over that, they do this :crying:

Outside of that, fantastic season. Trinity was mind blowing. That scene that finished episode 11 I think it was when he walked into Homicide and the episode ended with him and Dexter having the big stare off, ranks up there as one of my favorite moments in television for quite some time. Brilliant story, brilliantly done all around. Quinn isn't as shit as I thought he'd be either. No clue where they go with season 5, cant wait to see what they do.

On to Season 5!

• 4 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVApgr1Mqto

Love the omission of season 5. But this looks cool, sort of rekindles my interest in the show.

Also making me interested in Dexter again, the fact that Colin Hanks is the first guest star announced for the season. Very, very underrated actor who should mesh with the show really well.

EDIT: Ahahaha, best comment on Youtube I've read in a while;

First, there was the Ice Truck Killer,

Then the hunt for the Bay Harbor Butcher,

Miguel Prado discovered the truth...

And the Trinity Killer changed everything...

Oh, and there was that thing with that girl but that's not important...

"Hell breaks loose!"

Major stretch, but according to the books:

The Dark Passenger is actually a demon that Dexter eventually discovers and learns to live with, or something

Again, major stretch. I don't want to be correct on that particularly. But seeing as the book's also say

that Doakes come's back as a cyborg

I think we could take the book plots and just let them go.

Edited by VinnyT

The Dark Passenger is actually a demon that Dexter eventually discovers and learns to live with, or something

According to a quick google, that was hinted at briefly in one book and dropped when it bombed with critics and fans alike.

"Hell breaks loose!"

Major stretch, but according to the books:

Again, major stretch. I don't want to be correct on that particularly. But seeing as the book's also say

that Doakes come's back as a cyborg

I think we could take the book plots and just let them go.

The series hasn't followed the books at all since Season 1, anyway.