Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 5

Season 2 is the only time I have actually bought that Dexter was in genuine danger and plays with the format interestingly, Season 4 has the best villain, Season 1 is when the concept is the freshest, Season 3 has a good villain if not much else, Season 5 drags on constantly and doesn't get good until the third act, which is unfortunate because the season premiere in it is actually very strong.

Pretty much how I feel.

I stopped watching Season 5 because it just sucked. The dynamic between Prado/Dexter at least kept me watching Season 3.

I love awful convention questions. Half of the time when I go to panels at cons it's because I want to hear how bad the questions are going to get.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a video revealing several people who will guest start on the next season, explaining their roles and thus giving us a better idea of what Season 6 will be about. If you don't wanna know, don't watch:

• 3 weeks later...

I caved in and watched the season premiere.

Fuck me, that was good.

The snake kill was pretty damn cool, but it is the killer(s) that have me intrigued. Surely leading to a paralleled of Dexter/Harry of father/son or teacher/student.

The religious tie-in is also looking good for the season. It is something Dexter hasn't really dealt with in depth yet, and of course it is a tainted subject because you have Dexter encouraging it for the sake of his son and accept his friends believe in a God, while the people he is executing also spout religious belief, should turn into a great dynamic. I can imagine Dexter won't be religious by the end of the season but I'd like to see how far up the ladder he'll get - I can already picture a scene were he gets baptised with Harrison or something like that.

Hammer Time at the reunion, the forensic student fainting and Harry "teaching" Dexter football were all great moments too. Joe was such an excellent victim as well, I hated the guy as soon as we see him across the room.

All-in-all, I'm pretty sad that I have to wait a week and a half for the second episode, but I'm glad I got to watch it now.

Just watched 1st ep.

Great opening to the season. They showcased Dexter's own inability and lack of knowledge of religion, against the new killers, who seem to be using religion as their motive for murder. The shooting at the end was a bit weird. Guy with Kevlar just randomly enters a bar and starts shooting. But! Bautista's sister is fucking hawt.

Brilliant opening to the season. The new villians for the serious are intruiging, unique and as somebody already mentioned could be a parallel to Harry and Dexter. Some of the quotes already mentioned are great but I loved

"Even Coffin Corner isn't as fun as it sounds!

Solid opening episode. I'm wary of this season being the religion season because I'm wary of most shows trying to tackle religion, but it was used pretty well here, particularly in the scene between Dexter and the asshole jock which is probably in the top ten killing room scenes the show's ever done because it offered a slightly different side of Dexter than I've really seen in those circumstances. The episode even managed to use Harry in a way that felt different and entertaining and he usually feels like a relic from the first couple of seasons.

But yeah, Hammer Time was the absolute highlight. Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on the show.