Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Will this be the episode where Debra finds out Dexter's mystery? I feel like it has to be.

This is the sort of story-line they would need to play out. They can't just have Debra find out Dexter's secret on the last ever episode. We would want to see so much more. Who knows how many years Dexter has left, but we do know they will return next year. That being said now may as good a time as ever to pull the trigger.

That was a more typical Dexter finale than the "oh fuck" finale of last year, the show rarely ends on a cliffhanger. Killing Lumen would've been terrible, but I find it odd that they wouldn't end with Quinn telling his lawyer that Dexter killed Robocop. Guess that's Dexter just being smart by helping Quinn, but I don't think that's the end of that story. Also don't think it's the end of Lumen, but that probably hinges on whether or not Julia Stiles will come back.

But yeah, you can call the ending anticlimactic, but Deb vs. Dex through the plastic sheeting was one of the most intense moments in the history of the show. Deb wavering on her principles is a pretty big deal and might foreshadow what will happen when the day comes that she finally finds out what Dexter really is.

I didnt really hate the finale, but at the same time Im not gushing with love over it. I did love the scene with Deb and Dexter at the camp, like Zero said I think it was one of the most intense scenes in the series (that I can remember anyway). I would have liked to see Deb find out about Dexter's secret, but Im not upset that she didnt. There is always hope that they may do it next season (hopefully before the finale if they were to do it; give them episodes to toy with the outcome).

Lumen not dying was good. I was actually waiting for Lumen to somehow die when they were on the boat. Thankfully I was wrong. Her leaving I think makes sense and could be good. If she died, no more Lumen. At least now with her just leaving there is always the chance of her returning for some reason. Her 'dark passenger' being gone makes sense now that the people responsible for what happened to her are gone as well, I think. Her dark passenger was basically fueled on those people, so with them gone there is really nothing to fuel it. If she does return I could see them making it so that she ends up wanting to kill all bad people like Dexter, thinking more about all the other criminals out there rather than just the people that harmed her, as a way to get her dark passenger back.

Not a bad finale, but not a great one. I enjoyed it, and I dont mind the season ending on something that isn't a cliffhanger like last season. Cant wait until the show comes back to see what they do.

I thought this was a perfect finale until the very end with Dexter being all sombre. A 'Happy' ending is just what this series needed after last, but it felt like they decided ten minutes before the final shot they didn't want that. I loved Lumen losing her Dark Passenger, I'm a much bigger fan of her living and being free of what hurt her and leaving than her staying and being the SheDexter or ending up dead.

My biggest complaint aside from the last minute or so was that Jordans death was a little tame. But thinking back, they always are when Dexter finally gets the bad guy. Even Trinity wasn't that impressive a death. I'd like to see the next series be the final one though. I love Dexter, but 7 series would be a little too much in my eyes. Especially when there's really not much more they can do other than Dexter Series 2 but with Dexter being found out.

Interesting question: How should Dexter end in your eyes? I've thought about this before, and I can't help but feel that Dexter needs to die. For all his lifes work, surely he can't be allowed to live? It's either that or give up entirely.

I had a terrible feeling that Lumen was going to turn on Dexter when she picked up the knife to kill Chase. Then I thought that Dexter was going to kill Lumen when he left for work as she was asleep in his bed.

For Lumen to kill Dexter, it would've been in a "look what you've turned me into" type of thing, or some other form of mind-trickery that Chase had put over Lumen whilst they were waiting for Dexter to show up.

As for Dexter killing Lumen, I saw it as a "oh god, what have I turned you into?" deal, so he decides it'd be safer to kill.

I may be talking out of my arse now... but those were the thoughts running my head at the time, and I'm glad they didn't go that way. That scene with Dexter & Lumen on one side of the plastic and Debra on the other was gold. And I liked how Lumen paraphrased Debra with the "It's a miracle I'm alive. A fucking miracle".

Bemused that the Hispanic cop vanished off the face of the earth and a little let-down that the nanny didn't do much in the end. With her being into religion and the Santa Meurte killings, something awesome could've come out of that. I'm glad that Astor and Cody are moving back in, it'll be good to see Dexter struggle with work, killing and 3 kids.

First of all...

The only thing more depressing than the Lumen dying scenario is what actually happened.

this.

I really liked the finale. It was a good ending, obviously not comparable to the cliffhanger of last season, but still pretty nice. I think the next season will be the last and I guess Dexter will try to overcome his Dark Passenger, because he kinda realized that he needs someone like Lumen in his life. I hope she's returning at least to some extent, because she's one of my favorite characters. She already told Dexter that she'd leave once and didn't, so I have hope that she'll be back.

Concerning the Quinn not talking about Dexter thing, it's fairly simple. He didn't want to betray Debra's trust AGAIN and couldn't bear her finding out about Dexter. The development of Quinn's character has been great in my eyes. I think Quinn is dropping the whole Dexter issue, because he knows that Dex could have framed him easily. The only problem is that the Liddy-case is still unsolved.

The scene with Debra, Dex and Lumen was fucking intense. I think I stopped breathing for quite some time.

Overall, a very good season and definitely in my top 2, alongside Season 4. Maybe even the best, but I'll wait a bit to judge on that.

Dexter/Lumen killing the other is the most ridiculous thought process ever though.

Although I really like this show, they need to end it soon, either next season or the one after that. I want to see season 2 all over again really, maybe someone finding the bodies again and them realizing Doakes wasn't the Bay Harbour Butcher or something. Deb needs to find out about Dexter too, thats probably the most important thing but I don't know how she should react. Part of me wants the series to end with him getting away with it, part of me wants him to end up in jail and part of me wants Deb to blow away her brother after realizing how much of a monster he actually is.

I think Quinn is dropping the whole Dexter issue, because he knows that Dex could have framed him easily.

You do? Dexter basicly confirmed to Quinn that he killed Liddy. (With all the evidence up against a person that he publicly declared dislike several times and Quinn knowing that the blood was Liddys- + Liddy was not stalking some gang banger, he was stalking Dexter, who els would have entert the Truck?) I don´t think it ever was this clear to Quinn how much of a bad guy Dexter is. He had laied of, but now he will be back on... being saved from prisson dos not cancel out the murder of a frind. Plus, he now know that whatever is wrong about Dexter it´s wroth to kill for.

He also still has the pictures of Dexter throwing bags into the ocean. If i remember corectly they never stole them.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I think Quinn is dropping the whole Dexter issue, because he knows that Dex could have framed him easily.

You do? Dexter basicly confirmed to Quinn that he killed Liddy. (With all the evidence up against a person that he publicly declared dislike several times and Quinn knowing that the blood was Liddys- + Liddy was not stalking some gang banger, he was stalking Dexter, who els would have entert the Truck?) I don´t think it ever was this clear to Quinn how much of a bad guy Dexter is. He had laied of, but now he will be back on... being saved from prisson dos not cancel out the murder of a frind. Plus, he now know that whatever is wrong about Dexter it´s wroth to kill for.

He also still has the pictures of Dexter throwing bags into the ocean. If i remember corectly they never stole them.

Dexter took them back when he and Lumen searched Quinns apartment.

Yeah, pretty sure they left them. But didn't the pictures just show them hanging out on the boat, under the assumption they were having an affair?

And Quinn and Liddy were anything but friends in the end. Maybe Quinn knows that Dexter is a monster, but Liddy was a bigger asshole and thorn in both of their sides. Liddy being offed means one less detestable prick in the world, Dexter not being found out, Debra not finding out and Debra not knowing what Quinn was doing. Quinn realised that he values her friendship/partnership/whatever more than Liddy, and if it means backing off Dexter so be it. The same applies to Dexter, he'll back off Quinn if it helps Debra.