Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Really? That's so out there I can't even fathom it.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic (mostly because I feel like "Deb getting killed" idea comes up every season), but nonetheless, I feel something bad is about to happen to Deb. Whether or not she dies or just finds out that Dexter is a serial killer, I don't know, but they keep referencing how Dex is her safety net. It's foreshadowing something.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the shark's been jumped.

This season has been pretty bad, but last night's episode was easily the worst hour in the show's history.

I know the season on the whole hasn't been great but what was so bad about this episode?

I might assume the whole dream Deb had after her therapy session. Regardless, I didnt find the episode or the season to be too bad. Some stuff I dont care about (like this video game guy), but Ive been enjoying it. The teaser for the finale definitely caught my interest with what they show Travis doing.

Edited by Vitamin E

If they actually go there with Dexter/Deb, I agree, the sharks been jumped, but I think the writers will come to their senses and realize that is unacceptable.

I've enjoyed this season much more than Season 5, don't understand the criticism of it. Colin Hanks has been a great villain and I'm eager to see what happens at the end....If it's Dexter killing Travis and saving everyone else out of nowhere again, I'll be upset, but I don't see that happening.

I say Quinn's a goner after Sunday

I dont think they will actually go that route with Deb/Dexter. If anything I just see it as a way to lead to killing off Deb or make the 'Dexter is a killer' reveal to Deb have a bigger impact.

Of course, like you said, if they actually DO go that route with Deb and Dexter, I may very well have to agree on the shark jumping. As it stands now it isn't too bad for me, but all it has been is mixed feelings on Deb's part due to her therapist planting the idea in her head.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the shark's been jumped.

This season has been pretty bad, but last night's episode was easily the worst hour in the show's history.

I know the season on the whole hasn't been great but what was so bad about this episode?

-The aforementioned Deb/Dexter business. Just a horrible, horrible idea all around.

-Colin Hanks. Just Colin Hanks.

-The laughably ridiculous Devil Dexter painting.

-LaGuerta's retarded plan to get Matthews. "Okay, so I'm going to help you cover up this dead hooker, but I'm going to tell Deb to back off, but I know she won't, but she will when Matthews brings up her dad, then I'll leak the story." Why not just leak the story in the fucking first place?!

-The video game guy. It sticks out like a sore thumb, it has no place in the story, it's obviously going somewhere, but they're not even trying to get me to care.

-Speaking of which, the all-too-convenient saves are getting out of hand. I feel zero emotion when Bautista's in what one season ago would've been a white-knuckle moment because the show has lost its balls.

-And Quinn is annoying as fuck.

I just don't get it, season 4 was so, so good and season 5 turned out to be really impressive when it had the impossible task of following up, but this season has ranged from really dull to downright bad.

Loved that episode.

I feel like they needed a season to get Deb to a place where she might be comfortable with the idea of Dex as a serial killer. Because that's got to be the story for next season, 'will she, won't she'. So whilst I don't like the whole "I love my brother" deal, it's one way to get her to this emotional state she's currently in.

Travis served his purpose although I really wanted more Devil vs God references but I can live without it. Much like I can live without Colin Hanks.

I don't really understand what the issue was with Colin Hanks. I thought he was perfectly alright.

The cliffhanger kinda makes up for the last few episodes ranging from "meh" to "poopy".

Gave up on this show a few episodes back, but decided to watch this one 'cause I figured they were going to do that ending and I wanted to see it. Five minutes in, I was already regretting my decision, thanks to, "I can offer him death." Dialogue that bad is actually painful. I'm actually really disappointed that I had no reaction to the cliffhanger. Last season's finale had me on the edge of my seat. But I couldn't even care about this, probably because it came about as a result of a terrible, inconsequential plot and all the characters acting like complete idiots.

Oh, Dexter. You used to be such a good show. :/

I thought Colin Hanks did the best that he could with what he was given. I hate the shit out of Travis, he was terrible, but I don't blame Hanks for that.

Never seen him in anything else, but I find his mannerisms and delivery to be quite sub-standard and he lacks charisma. Of the two I much preferred The Professor.

I always hoped it would never come to Deb catching Dexter in the act. It is just so obvious and without believable recourse. In season two Dexter has that little fantasy about what Deb would do if she found out he was the Bay Harbour Butcher and I found it funny, but it highlighted that there was really no way back from that if she did find out who Dexter really was. They've shoehorned in this "Deb in love with Dexter" thing to give her some conflict, but I still don't believe she will ever do anything other than arrest Dexter and kill him if he tries to get away. I also don't believe Dexter would be stupid enough to set up his kill room in a place people knew he would be.

On the whole, I have really enjoyed this season; more than 3, 5 and 2 anyway; but this ending ruined it.

Colin Hanks was pretty good on the two or three episodes of The Good Guys I saw. He is also funny on podcasts. Didn't think much of him on the two episodes of this season of Dexter that I watched, but whatever.