Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

The end scene from the third episode is still incredible. There's been some bloody fantastic killings so far and this episode delivered another.

Really interested to see where they're going with hot intern girl too, I'm guessing it's leading to something involving Dexter. End scene was once again glorious.

• 2 weeks later...

Last nights episode was pretty good altough

The fact that Nick shot Brother Sam was pretty obvious

Also really excited about the upcoming episodes

It looks like it's gonna be a fun couple of shows with his brother "guiding" him. I wonder what they will do with the new Trinity killings.

Last nights episode was pretty good altough

The fact that Nick shot Brother Sam was pretty obvious

Also really excited about the upcoming episodes

It looks like it's gonna be a fun couple of shows with his brother "guiding" him. I wonder what they will do with the new Trinity killings.

Seems that they wrapped up his brother and Jonah seems to be left alone for now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back eventually.

I was thinking that maybe Dexter would take him on as an apprentice at some point, mirroring the relationship between Gellar and Travis.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, I've been annoyingly screaming it to my friends for weeks now. Kind of surprised I was right cause usually I'm just way off.

I first noticed it when he picked up the waitress in the diner and she completely ignored Gellar. Started paying attention to it and noticed nobody except Travis ever interacted with him or even saw him.

I didn't see it coming either when the clues were there the entire time. It was genuinely a jaw dropping moment and I can't wait to see how this plays out. Loved the Quinn and Batista interaction in this episode too, though I'm in the minority in thinking Quinn is awesome.

Oh and Masuka gets line of the episode.

"When it comes to matters of the heart, always follow your dick."

• Like 1

I really am surprised more people didn't seem to see this coming. I thought it was pretty clear by the second episode. Still I was pleased at seeing the reveal finally.

Over on The AV Club, some commenter called it at episode one, and it pretty much became a running thing about how obvious it was in the main reviews starting a couple weeks ago. So it's not just you.

I suspected it a bunch of times, but I kept forgetting about it and went along with the ride.

One thing though, someone will have to clear me up because I might be misremembering.

When Dexter and Travis were waiting in the car outside the college, which one spotted Gellar? I'm sure it must have been Travis, because it is too big of a mistake to miss, but I seem to remember Dexter being the one to see him.

Travis pointed him out.

EDIT: Though,

I'm assuming Travis killed the professor before they even got there, otherwise it makes no sense. Travis would have to abduct the professor while Dexter's stuck in the elevator, stash him somewhere, come back, get Dexter out.. not nearly enough time to do all of that.

Picked up on it the same time as Animal.

I really don't like this season. The only good thing about it was Brother Sam, and they killed him early. I'm also curious about the hand, but I do not care about the Travis/Gellar thing at all. I'm Skinner levels of indifferent towards them. Hopefully now that they've done the reveal they pick up at the end because this season had a lot of promise and they've mostly wasted it I find.

I'm also disappointed that they've renewed it for two years, and won't even say if Season 8 will be the last one. The show needs to get to endgame quick, before it becomes a self parody (more so). Last year and this year haven't really furthered the story at all, they were pretty much villain of the week episodes spread out over a year. Everytime it looks like they are they wave it away (Dexter clearing Quinn at the end of last year and Quinn doing nothing, Rudy showing up for one episode). They could still come up with an exciting ending for this year, but they've been spinning their wheels so much lately that I doubt it. And even if it is good, it won't mean anything in the long run when the show has to pump out at least another two seasons.

I've honestly dropped the show. I'll probably watch episode three because the premise sounds appealing, but the moment I heard Brother Sam died and he was the only thing I liked about episode two I just decided I'm going to cut my losses and if season seven sounds better I'll try again next year.

I've just got too many shows I'm watching to have more than one show that I don't like anymore but watch anyway.

Didn't see this coming at all. I remember when he and Travis were at the market, and no one else reacted to him, that I found it weird, but despite TGC's insinuations that it was very obvious, I didn't pick up on it. And hell, I coped with LOST for six seasons and managed to have a decent idea of where things were (kinda) heading.

It's probably my 4th favourite Dexter season (Behind Trinity, Bay Harbor Butcher - feels dirty spelling it the yank way - and Prado seasons)but with the exception of last year, I've loved everything about this show.

The only thing I have suspected since the return of the hand and of the whole mentor/teacher relationship, and with Lewis idolising Dexter, is the return of the 'Ice Truck Killahhh' in some form or another. I'm hoping he ends up being a 'good' serial killer like Dexter, but not enough detail to go on yet.

Oh and I enjoyed Biney's episode for what it was, a chance for Dexter to do something different.