Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

Ok, so... FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. Once again they've done it with the last scene of the series.

I hate to say that the asshole of the internet 4chan and the weird fucks in TV predicted the one thing that happens though.

"Deb, he kidnapped Harrison. So I killed him."

It's a reasonable half truth that I'm sure Dexter can get by everyone.

Which is why I'm not upset about Deb finding out about Dexter, I'm upset that it was done via the Doomsday killer, especially after he kidnapped Harrison. Much more interesting if it was just some shmuck who killed a few sorority girls and isn't associated with Dexter in anyway. Someone who Dexter would have no reason to kill.

Which is why I'm not upset about Deb finding out about Dexter, I'm upset that it was done via the Doomsday killer, especially after he kidnapped Harrison. Much more interesting if it was just some shmuck who killed a few sorority girls and isn't associated with Dexter in anyway. Someone who Dexter would have no reason to kill.

Except, why go through all the theatrics? Why tie him up in plastic? It's not like he murdered him first chance he could. All that stuff isn't going to be easy to explain. And Dexter, as a cop, would know better than to kill him. He'd turn him in. He knows everyone is looking for him. There's way too much happening in that scene for Dexter to play it off as you suggest.

Except, why go through all the theatrics? Why tie him up in plastic? It's not like he murdered him first chance he could. All that stuff isn't going to be easy to explain. And Dexter, as a cop, would know better than to kill him. He'd turn him in. He knows everyone is looking for him. There's way too much happening in that scene for Dexter to play it off as you suggest.

Haa yeahhh, this can hardly be written off as a 'passion kill', considering it's at the church, it's also got all Dexter's ritualistic signs and I think she'll probably figure out that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher quite quickly if she saw the body (They knew the use of plastic and obviously the cuts into the cheek).

Also, is it just me or did the scene on the boat seem dream-like? Maybe it's just the way they shot it, but the casual way he killed that guy really irked me.

I must just be a lot easier to please then you guys because I really enjoyed this season and while it wasn't the best I thought it tackled the religion aspect well. Now we're set up nicely for Deb finally finding out about Dexter and can get a whole season on that.

• Like 1

I must just be a lot easier to please then you guys because I really enjoyed this season and while it wasn't the best I thought it tackled the religion aspect well. Now we're set up nicely for Deb finally finding out about Dexter and can get a whole season on that.

Yeas same here, I liked this season. I enjoyed the last episode and really look forward to the next season after this cliffhanger.

I also liked the slow first half of the 2nd Walking Dead season and the current Simpsons season so I might be just be a bit weird.

Edited by Animal

I don't like the show. I have tried. I have watched 3 seasons and I just don't like it. I read the first book and thought that was shit as well. I think I'm broken.

You just have to accept that everybody is an ideot so dexter can be the uber smart person. If you think about it you will be punished.

Kinda like reading a post of yours.

I finally watched this dismal finale. What a completely worthless season. The only good things it had going for it were

-Edward James Olmos, but they even managed to make a fantastic fucking actor like him ultimately worthless.

-Trinity's son, but that was because I kind of thought he had become his dad and that maybe, just maybe, we could get Dexter doing for him what his dad did. But they went totally shitty on that too.

-Dex seeing The Ice Truck Killer instead of his dad, but also they managed to make that completely pointless and boring.

-Brother Sam, but his murder came too fast and was untimately pointless. I see a recurring theme. Everything this season aside from Deb was utterly and completely pointless.

-The last 8 seconds of the season. However I now have complete faith that they will ruin that next year somehow.

I don't blame Colin Hanks, I do however blame terrible writing this season, plus the fact that the shtick of having Dexter doubt himself only to have him find the meaning for what he does by season's end routine a little played out, mainly because they just repeat the same arc year after year after year. As fucked up as having Deb realize she is in love with her brother is, she at least gets to grow and change as a character, something Dexter is not allowed to ever really do.

I was kind of happy they renewed the show for two more years a month or so ago, but now I am just meh. I keep thinking to myself that the season finale last year, as much of a cop out as that last episode was, might have been the best series finale we could have ever had.

Just caught up on Dexter. I don't know whether I'm just easier to please or whether it's the fact that I watched episodes end to end, but I thought this season was pretty great. I thought Colin Hanks was absolutely competent in his role but was much better before the twist where he was just a sub servant to Gellar. I didn't see that twist coming either.

I had no interest in Quinn though. Fuck that storyline.

• 3 months later...

The first episode of the next season has been leaked. And holy shit it might just be the best episode they ever produced... to bad we have to wait another 6 month till the rest comes around...

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|69p5|2758279915|Dexter.S07E01.HDTV.x264-2k1241.mkv|562130

Doakes Returns – Debra deals with the discovery of her brothers dark passenger and how she foolishly ignored all the signs. Detective sergeant James Doakes, who in season 2 was framed as the “Bay Harbor Butcher”, returns alive and with evidence proving his innocence. Daokes is determined to find the truth and Dexter’s involvement.

Note: This pre-release is 6 months in advanced. It is up to you if you want to increase your anexiety by watching and then having to wait until September. I think I will watch.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane