Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I didn't realize it was dropped. I just remember hearing that the book was leaning towards the supernatural and a lot of fans were worried/pissed.

I just was season 6 to start with

Hey, there's this smashed up red sports car just sitting in a field. Lets investigate it...Masuka, go check the DNA on these particles found in the seat and the ceiling

Two big bits of news regarding season 6. First, that Colin Hanks is in fact playing the main villain of the season, "a highly intelligent ancient artifacts expert who is linked to a series of grisly murders in Miami."

And more importantly, Mos Def will also be one of the guest stars in season 6 as "a hardened ex-con who claims to have found religion yet seems to continually find himself surrounded by violence."

• 2 weeks later...
Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor Edward James Olmos has joined recently announced special guest stars, Colin Hanks and Mos (formerly Mos Def) in the cast of the Showtime drama series "Dexter" for Season 6. Olmos will play a brilliant, charismatic professor of religious studies. Olmos joins a list of seasonal guest cast that has included Jimmy Smits, John Lithgow and Julia Stiles. Production on "Dexter" begins May 25 in Los Angeles and will premiere on Showtime this fall.

Read more: Edward James Olmos Joins Dexter - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=78026#ixzz1NJ2ij76j

Oh yes.

• 1 month later...

Great song. Don't know what to think of the rest, but I hope it continues to be awesome. I'm always scared when a new Dexter season comes out, because I hated Season 3 so much and fear it will happen again :shifty:.

Great song. Don't know what to think of the rest, but I hope it continues to be awesome. I'm always scared when a new Dexter season comes out, because I hated Season 3 so much and fear it will happen again :shifty:.

I didn't hate Season 3, but I definitely agree it was the worst.

I was really afraid that Season 5 would go that route. I didn't know how they could follow up, after how awesome Season 4 was. It turns out Season 5 was pretty damn good.

I can't decide which is my favorite season, but I really think I'm leaning towards 4.

I really liked Season 3, though I would possibly put it at the bottom of the list, but that's only because all the other seasons were so brilliant. And GoGo, Chase was awesome, though I'd still probably put Miguel ahead of him (Though nobody is beating Trinity).

Missed this show so much, October cant come quick enough.

Oh, I liked Chase, it's just that I loved Miguel. Lilah remains the worst Big Bad that Dexter's had, though season 2 wasn't really structured in the same way was the other four at all.

I absolutely despised every second Miguel Prado was on my screen. The season almost made me quit Dexter :shifty:.

Also, since we're ranking:

Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 5 > Season 2 > Season 3

Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 5

Season 2 is the only time I have actually bought that Dexter was in genuine danger and plays with the format interestingly, Season 4 has the best villain, Season 1 is when the concept is the freshest, Season 3 has a good villain if not much else, Season 5 drags on constantly and doesn't get good until the third act, which is unfortunate because the season premiere in it is actually very strong.

I'll be honest, I think I preferred Season 3 to Season 4 overall, just because of the interactions between Prado & Dexter. They were enemies disguised as best friends and both of them knew they were enemies of each other. And the whole "Psht, you got the ring? I got CITY FUCKING HALL!" scene.

Season 2 is probably my least favourite, but it's a long time since I saw it, and it's probably mainly to do with ITV being shit at everything they touch. :shifty:

Season 5 was still good, but not up to par. It was more of a transitional series.

Prado was fantastic. I preferred Season 3 to Season 2 overall, Season 2 had a few of my favourite moments and was still really good, but not as good as other seasons. 4 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 2 in my book, but as I say, the worst Dexter gets will probably be better than most things on TV these days so it doesn't really matter.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Prado was fantastic. I preferred Season 3 to Season 2 overall, Season 2 had a few of my favourite moments and was still really good, but not as good as other seasons. 4 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 2 in my book, but as I say, the worst Dexter gets will probably be better than most things on TV these days so it doesn't really matter.

Really? I mean, I like Dexter and all, but honestly I don't even think it's the best show on the network. >_> Probably just personal preference and how much I like Californication and Shameless.

Also 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 3

Really? I mean, I like Dexter and all, but honestly I don't even think it's the best show on the network. >_> Probably just personal preference and how much I like Californication and Shameless.

Also 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 3

I think it must be personal preference seeing as I hate Shameless. But yes, discounting comedies, Dexter is my favourite TV show by a clear mile, since Lost ended at least.