Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

I finally watched the episode from Sunday and I'm definitely in love with this season. Lumen is a very good addition to the show and I love how they connected basically everything right from the start and I'm excited how it will all play out.

I have growen to ignore a lot of things on dexter, but since wen dos he throw his bodys into the sea tis close to the land? Esp. after the bodys were found once and he drove out even further.

I'm not sure how much zoom that camera had, but it looked like it was pretty powerful. It could be explained away by Lumen's fears causing them not to go out too far in the water or that he can't go far because he has to get back to Harrison.

Despite this, this past episode was awesome and one of the best for the season so far IMO.

I haven't seen the most current episode yet, but I really like Lumen and Dexter. I really hope she stays around for awhile, she's so much better than Rita was its not even funny.

She's apparently only signed on for 10 episodes initially, hopefully that's changed. I really like the dynamic between her and Dexter.

I'm with you guys. I love Lumen. I hate hate HATE her storyline, though. The sooner Jordan Chase and all of this bogus rapist club shit gets off my television, the better. Everything else is pretty awesome, though. Deb Vs. LaGuerta. Crooked cop guy and his investigation of Dexter. The impending/inevitable Lumen/Dexter relationship. Deb and Quinn getting a little more serious each episode.

Definitely the weakest of all the seasons, but it's hard to top four seasons of awesomeness. I'm still absolutely in love with this show. I, too, hope Lumen sticks around for Season 6. I'll be kind of disappointed if there isn't something going on with the nanny, but, hey, not everyone in Miami is a bad guy, I guess :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Dexter is what Fathers 4 Justice should be like after he beat up Astor's friend's step-dad. I was kind of hoping that at the end of the episode Astor and Cody would move back in with Dexter, but maybe it'll happen before series end.

Haven't been too vocal about this series. I've enjoyed it, but saw nothing to get really excited about. That last episode though was fantastic. I'm officially back into the Dexter trance where I just can't wait for the next episode.

If I'm honest, I much preferred season 3 to season 4 for most part. The fact that Dexter and Miguel were one-upping each other throughout the series whilst still pretending to be friends kept me wanting to see more. Whereas until the last around 4 of episodes of season 4 did I get that much watch more feeling, when Trinity really become unhinged. And of course the ending of the final two episodes of season 4 were just such brilliant cliffhangers (where Trinity finds out Dexter's real name at the end of episode 11 and of course the finale).

As people have said, this series isn't as exciting, but a bad season of Dexter is a good season for everything else such is the talent of the writing and actors. I think this series is sort of like a reboot, where we're getting to see Dexter being rebuilt and shown in a new, more human/caring light after Rita's death bringing a new characteristic to the table.

I can't really formulate my thoughts right now, because my mind was blown. I loved that episode. That was a lot of build-up for a really nice pay-off, but now it's going to get ugly.

Well, I guess you can the pay off would technically be Jordan Chase, but I'm not really talking about to the storyline, more for the arc of the Lumen character.

Agreed. The episode was incredible. And that last shot gave me chills. This happened moreso because now I get a REALLY bad feeling about Lumen. Not in that she's gonna turn evil or whatever, but I get the feeling that now that they both have found each other and gone through with the lovemaking and all that stuff, they are going to be ripped apart. I get the feeling that at this point in the series the Dexter gods don't want Dexter to be happy and Lumen is gonna be killed. Something.

There is a lot that has been don with Dexter, the Girls he dated and the killers and cops that were on to him. I think the conclusion will be that Lumin takes the fall for Dex or someting in that direction. He already killed his lunatic afair and lost his wife to another killer.