Dexter - official topic

Docpepper

That is the first jump forward in time that I can remember enjoying. Usually you have to connect the dots all season, but everything made sense.

Apart from how they explained LaGuerta's murder, or rather didn't. Maybe it isn't important but I was confused about that.

I'm a week behind here on British tv and have just seen it. I don't think the episode was that great to be honest, some things just didn't really click for me but the ending was majorly intriguing. Evelyn Voegel seems like a really interesting character who could cause some major problems for Dexter.

I just saw the premiere last night. Will watch episode 2 tonight.

It was an okay premiere. My biggest problem with it was the heavy expository dialogue, but that's always been a bit of a problem with this show. I get that they have to recap and let us in on the events of the last six months, but subtlety was never a big thing for Dexter.

I like Debra's downward spiral. It makes sense, and her hatred for Dexter moreso. Everybody wants to live life without regret because regret sucks, and Debra is dealing with some MAAAAAAAAAAJOR regret. All thanks to her psychopath of a brother.

Quinn is still alive, you guys! Yaaaaaaaaaay! I hope he ends up staying alive just to spite all of you.

As far as Evelyn Voegel is concerned. A problem? Ehhh. Not really. The way I see it, thinking logically, if she was ever going to be a problem she would've already gone ahead and done something about it. It's pretty obvious she's his childhood therapist. She has known all about Dexter since the very beginning. Why would she want to go ahead and become a problem for him now? If anything, she might be looking to be his new mentor and try to get him back on track.

I'm undecided. I liked the season premiere, but second episode has shoved it right back into the same old stuff. Deb is considerably more tolerable now at least.

Tolerable? She isn't meant to be tolerable. She's meant to be a mess.

Which is amazing, because she was intolerable in the last six seasons when we were supposed to like her.

• 3 weeks later...

If this means that

The rest of the season Deb is hellbent on killing Dexter to make up for her "mistake", I will be happy.

Saw it coming from a mile off, but at least something's finally happening after four episodes, rather than just "Dex ur a bad guy" "oh no deb don't love me but ill keep doing what mkes her h8 me" wah bullshit teenage angst that's been going on. This season has been pretty weak so far, and this is coming from a guy who's found at least a few things from the last few that were good. This is the FINAL SEASON, where the fuck is the full tilt stuff that we've been waiting for? They've got 8 of 12 episodes left and honestly the only things so far that have got a reaction from me were Vogel revealing who she was, that car crash, and kind of the part where Masuka has a kid. Praying that crash is them finally growing a set and doing something memorable for the last season.

Didn't hate this episode or anything but it was kinda boring.

Not really big on the whole "Dexter takes on a protege"/"Dexter as a father" idea, being as how he already, y'know, has a son. But I guess Harrison's way too young for them to start playing with the idea that he's as fucked up as Dexter is, so whatever. I don't really care a whole lot for the kid playing Zach either.

Also I love how Miami Metro remains the most idiotic, oblivious police force ever.

The first three episodes were good but I agree its getting a little boring. I still think the rumoured spinoff will revolve around the new Looney kid.

Bit disappointing as I love Dexter,both series and novels and the character has many layers. I will shed a tear when it does end.

Joey Quinn is the most hilariously awful fictional detective of all time. He's like a cartoon character, except wacky cartoon detectives usually bumble their way into being right.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just... really? I mean, really? This is how we're leading to the end of the show? They couldn't even bother to have Vogel herself be the brain surgeon, they had to have a ridiculous twist where she had a son who faked his death, and who had a blink and you'll miss it appearance previously. It still doesn't even feel like it's the show's final season.

I will be so glad when this show finishes, it's been getting progressively more awful since the end of season four (season five was good, but not as good as season four), and I feel my intelligence is being insulted as a viewer whenever I've watched this season.

• Like 1