The Mafia Discussion Thread

I just PMed Hitman, so we'll see.  I wasn't super bothered yet because I figure we should try to stagger the games a bit, so we don't have the l two starting at the same time.  Obviously games will last different lengths so it won't stay perfect, but I figure we should at least try to stagger.

On 5/1/2017 at 15:14, 8 Maids-C-MILking said:

I don't think I could get a Lucha Underground 2 done before LU comes back on the 31st, but maybe a GLOW game before the Netflix series launches in June...

Did you want this added to the list/next poll?

Also, so I PMed @RoHitman Reigns a few days ago about Blacklist and he hasn't gotten back to me or responded to the @'s, so I'm thinking we move on with someone else?  I'm lining somebody up now that can get their sign-ups up on Saturday, which I think it nice because by then Az's game should be in the first night or second day.

On 5/3/2017 at 20:51, LittleDaniel said:

Did you want this added to the list/next poll?

Also, so I PMed @RoHitman Reigns a few days ago about Blacklist and he hasn't gotten back to me or responded to the @'s, so I'm thinking we move on with someone else?  I'm lining somebody up now that can get their sign-ups up on Saturday, which I think it nice because by then Az's game should be in the first night or second day.

I'd give it to Troy, he was good to go before we started our new polling stuff.

If you start during the day, you can always no lynch to get to night. Theres a phobia that every lynch you don't use is a chance you give up to catch scum but the percentage of day one lynches that are productive at all are so fucking low...

4 hours ago, HarshMillennium said:

Had a thought - have any games started on the night phase? Kills disabled for night one, but means discussion would start day one with information.

Night starts (with kills) used to be the norm around here. Having a night start without kills would be a tremendous disadvantage for scum. I usually prefer day starts, but EWB is really bad at figuring scum during the day without powers and so scared to be wrong, a night start and power clusterfuck would probably be a lot more fun.

I have the dumbest idea to run a Three 6 Mafia just so I can be like "yeah, I ran a mafia game themed around Three 6 Mafia."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Nerf did as well, why not him?

When I'm next on my computer (and not mobile), I'll expand upon the Nerf point, because I'm a bit suspicious of him.

Cymbols vs Nerf again?

NnoGhN1.gif

• Like 3

Hi guys!

Your representative's Mafia Championship game has started: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/8583-Season-4-Game-4-Undertale-The-Mafia-Championship

I wish them the best of luck.

Remember to please keep discussion of the game to private channels where the players wouldn't be able to see your comments on the game. Also, if you want to spectate the game along with people from other communities, you can join the Discord server here (500+ people): https://discord.gg/zdeEhcg. Just remember to tag @staff and ask them for access to the spectator channel upon joining server :)

• Like 4

On 5/15/2017 at 06:46, SeanDMan said:

Cymbols vs Nerf again?

b8M8MsA.gif

• Like 1

See, here's the thing. I play Mafia because it's fun, and more importantly, just a game. Now, I don't really appreciate being told to fuck off, or being called a fucking moron in what is a game. Because to me, that takes things beyond being a game, and I don't see why it is needed. Like, in a game that revolves around discussion, if you can't have a civil discussion without descending into profanity, you've kinda got to question your suitability for the game. 

And yknow, insert as many popcorn gifs or whatever as you like, I tried to leave it at Westworld. I just don't appreciate being insulted because someone can't separate reality from mafia. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

See, here's the thing. I play Mafia because it's fun, and more importantly, just a game. Now, I don't really appreciate being told to fuck off, or being called a fucking moron in what is a game. Because to me, that takes things beyond being a game, and I don't see why it is needed. Like, in a game that revolves around discussion, if you can't have a civil discussion without descending into profanity, you've kinda got to question your suitability for the game. 

And yknow, insert as many popcorn gifs or whatever as you like, I tried to leave it at Westworld. I just don't appreciate being insulted because someone can't separate reality from mafia. 

You cannot be serious. Westworld happened because I had suspicion of you and you took it personally. As far as I was concerned, it was done and dusted when that game ended. Since then, you've goaded me at almost every opportunity and I've deliberately ignored it and even just tried to joke with you for the sake of saving everyone else from sitting through that bullshit.

The 'fucking moron' thing you're stuck on was attacking your play (rightly, btw) not you personally, so who can't separate reality from mafia again? But regardless, you've done plenty to antagonise me in this game alone, so don't play the victim when I actually bit back. Funny that you had no problem with Mick's or SDM's profanity or lack of civil discourse, though. I feel like I've been saying "this is the last I'll say on it" a million times lately, but YOU keep dredging that shit back up.

If that comment in particular upset you, then I'm genuinely sorry, but please don't pretend your shit don't stink too.

Edited by Nerf
  • Like 1