What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Post is a great movie. But I have a soft spot for press vs. government films. It’s definitely flawed, but I like it. Streep and Bob Odenkirk are particularly great.

And The Shape of Water is goddamn phenomenal. One of the best this year. Top 3 at least, if not higher.

I can’t wait to watch The Shape of Water again, I’ve got such a soft spot for films that absolutely capture that sense of cinematic magic and Del Toro does it so well. It doesn’t hurt that Sally Hawkins is predictably phenomenal as well.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 00:55, iDOL said:

Finally got around to seeing The Great Gatsby - holy shit that soundtrack. WTF were they thinking? Nothing screams 1920's NYC like Jay Z and Beyonce. Probably the most absurd soundtrack I have ever seen.

Baz Luhrmann, it's kind of what he does. Incongruous modern soundtracks. Did the same with Moulin Rouge.

I re-watched The Lego Movie last night, first time since it was in the cinema, and it still really holds up. Brilliantly made, very funny, very heartwarming. And so much of it has a little extra layer of meaning once you know what the twist at the end is, it's lovely.

I watched Three Billboards and thought it was pretty damn good. I'm also reasonably confident that the last film I saw at the cinema was X-Men: Apocalypse almost two years ago. I don't go to the cinema much...

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

So silly, but good god, I fucking loved the Darkest Hour. 

Then you're really going to love the sequel!

(Just kidding, but it's kind of hard to get over Oldman not even attempting to imitate Churchill, who had a very distinctive voice.)

Coco got me right in the feels, add it to the list of Pixar films that had me in tears in parts. It's also easily the most beautiful animated film I've ever seen. They've been brilliant for ages, but everything looked perfect, just little things like textures on clothes etc (the brother with the Adidas Mexico top), and the backgrounds were incredible. 

They had a head start since it's a setting I've loved since Grim Fandango, but I loved it. 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 02:26, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

I’m like an hour into Split and fuck M. Night Shyamalan. Dude has no right to so flippantly play with such heavy and sensitive topics. Fuck him.

Did you make it to the end?