What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Well, I'm back for good. Yay. Since my last post here....

Napoleon Dynamite - ***1/2 or (7/10) - (Y)

Saw it again, going for a third time on the 1st.

Mallrats - **** or (8/10) - (Y)

Fahrenheit 9/11 - ***1/2 or (7/10) - (Y)

Saw it twice, back to back.

TONIGHT I SEE SPIDEY 2. No review until Tuesday.

Edited by Numbahs

Spider-Man 8/10 A very good movie, can't wait to see Spider-Man 2.

Scooby-Doo 6/10 Reedemable, if only for the not so subtle pot references with Scooby and Shaggy and for an Outkast song being on the soundtrack.

Joe Dirt 7.5/10 Some may hate this movie, but this film has really grown on me, or maybe it's just me staring at Jaime Pressly and Brittney Daniel. :D

Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie 8/10 Hilarious, especially Ron White's routine and his story about the bar in New York City.

Your so lucky Numbah's, getting to see Spiderman 2(the second biggest SUmmer flick, Harry Potter being the first :P ) Hope you like it!

I just watched City of God: 8.5/10 A great movie.

B00006RVJR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Barbershop - 6/10

I saw the sequel before this, and it would appear that the second has way more laughs. Still, this is a perfectly watchable film, with enough laughs and commentary to make it recommendable. Thumbs up.

B00005JMG9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Garfield - 5/10

This film is ridiculously cliched. Parts of it are very corny, and others unoriginal. There's plenty for the kids, but not much for the parents. That being said, there is something noticeable sweet about this film, that makes it very watchable. Yeah, Breckin Meyer and Jennifer Love Hewitt (although she's easy to watch) aren't the greatest of performers. Yeah, the on screen Garfield looks next to nothing like the comic book. However, there's plenty to be enjoyed if you come into it with proper expectations. That said, thumbs down, just because it's nothing new, and not particularily well done.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

7.5/10

-I really should have watched this when it came out...but I guess the thought of watching a movie about an East German Transsexual Wannabe Rockstar really didn't excite me much... with that said, this movie really delivered for me, with an almost completely unknown cast and some really fucking awesome music.

Check it out, or I may be forced to give you a "botched" sex change operation.

I did get into Spider-Man 2 tonight, and came out feeling the same as I did about the first after my first viewing of it.

It was good. How good?....I'll have to wait until Tuesday to see how it holds up. I'm only waiting on a rating because of the way I flip-flopped on the first back when it came out and I saw it for a second time.

Although I could end up eating this, I would say that #2 is probably gonna receive close to(or the same) 7.5/10 rating I gave the first.

Femme Fatale: 3/10

Convoluted mess, filled with laughable acting from Antonio Banderas and Rebecca Stamos, that is barely saved by the fact that it is a visually stunning film to watch. Unless you have some need to see Rebecca fully nude, avoid this joke of a film.

EuroTrip The UnRated Version: 4/10

The ONLY things about this film that are worth seeing include Scotty Doesn't Know, the song and the running gag, a few cameos that are funny, the Manchester Football Team lovers, and Michelle Trachtenberg's acting, as she has grown leaps and bounds since I first encountered her in BTVS. Otherwise, this film isn't funny, it isn't filled with sex as the UnRated Version in stores would have you suspect, and it isn't well acted. Perhaps the worst aspect is that the film is UNFUNNY, a rather bad thing for a comedy to be.

The Blue Collar Comedy Tour: The Movie: 6/10

Ron White and Bill Ingvall are funny, as is the end where they simply sit around and tell funny stories. Jeff Foxworthy made me laugh so hard I cried twice, but otherwise it's his usual schtick and routine, and Larry The Cable Guy has NEVER been funny IMO.

I look forward to Tueday Night/Wednesday Morning at 12:01am for my early showing of Spiderman 2.

TGC