What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Guest BacknBlackHoez

B0000541AK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"Yea, well fuck you, you beans and rice sonuva bitch...you should respect me, i was almost your father but the line was too fucking long!" Bishop (Tupac) to Rodamez

Q (Omar Epps) Your crazy..... Bishop - You know when you said that last time i was kinda trippin right....... but now, ya know what.... your right.... I am crazy.... but ya know what else...i dont give a fuck!...... I dont give a fuck about you, i dont give a fuck about steele, i dont give a fuck abour Raheem! I dont give a fuck about myself....I aint shit... I aint never gonna be shit, and you lesser of a man than me, so when I decide you aint gonna be shit! POW! so be it....... Now you remember that mutha'phucka.....cause im the one you need to be worried about......PATNA!

Q Yo, whats yo problem.... Bishop You my fuckin' problem, people get sliced on the street everyday and you just dont give a fuck..... Raheem I think your exaggerating!...... Bishop Thats bull shit man, we run from the cops, we run from Rodamaz, we run from security guards! We run from old man Quilis and his FUCKIN BULLSHIT STORE! when he comes with that BULLSHIT GUN! all we fuckin do is run! i feel like im the god damn track team!....... Whats the matter Raheem, nothing to say.....cause you know im right, in your heart you know im right! Q Yo big man.. if you want respect you gotta earn it! Bishop You damn right! You gotta be ready to throw down, stand up and die for that shit like Blizzard did! if you want some juice... Q Blizzard.... Blizzard aint standin up to nuffin now! Bishop Thats cause we wasnt there to back him up.. if we was there... Q If we was there id be 5 dead niggas instead of 1.... aint got nothin to say now huh big man? Bishop Never thought id see the day where u talk like a fuckin punk Q! Q Man fuck you!

Raheem Alright CHILL! Bishop Naw, fuck chill, check ya self Q! You gotta snatch some collars, and let them mutha fuckers know that you there to take them out! Anytime YOU feel like it! You gotta get the ground beneath yo feet patna, get the wind behind your back and go out in a blaze if you got to..... otherwise you aint shit.... you might aswell be dead ya damn self! Q You tryin to tell me i aint shit! Bishop I aint tryint o tell you shit!... Ill tell yo momma you aint SHIT! Q Yo man, what we fightin for? Bishop I dont know nigga... you ready to die?

B00007M5KK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Stealing Harvard - 7/10

Still a pretty funny film. Tom Green is funny like usual for me. Got it's good and bad moments. Entertaining film overall.

6305310343.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Coming To America - 9/10

Get's better and better everytime I watch it. Murphy is just so damn awesome and well this is an old school classic film for me. Love the whole movie, great stuff.

B00001U0BN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me - 8/10

Not as good as the first but very good. The third is still a pile of shit thanks to Beyonce so I stick to one and two. Very funny stuff in this one though and Myers is just another awesome actor.

ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY

8/10

Much much much funnier than I had expected as I was never the BIGGEST fan of Will Ferrell (not since Zoolander anyways). The second third was pretty weak really but it was a film that really lived on it's 'lines' rather than overall plot sequence.

"I've heard their periods attract bears"

That actually had me in tears of laughter so it automatically gets an 8!

6305428107.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Exotica - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) In what could be considered one of the more beautifully done art house features, Exotica makes its seedy and dark world it is set in as beautiful-looking as that can possibly be. It also features a talented cast of actors to help it move along including talents like Bruce Greenwood, Sarah Polley, Elias Koteas, and even a pretty good performance by Mia Kirshner (who plays a stripper with a schoolgirl gimmick, which makes sense considering she was only 19 during shooting). That said, the film's story element, which seems to possibly set itself up with the same many chracters linked to one thing plot seen before that same year in Pulp Fiction isn't as deep, powerful, dramatic, and funny as that flick. Exotica does hold its own, however, because of performances and style.

Exotica - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) In what could be considered one of the more beautifully done art house features, Exotica makes its seedy and dark world it is set in as beautiful-looking as that can possibly be. It also features a talented cast of actors to help it move along including talents like Bruce Greenwood, Sarah Polley, Elias Koteas, and even a pretty good performance by Mia Kirshner (who plays a stripper with a schoolgirl gimmick, which makes sense considering she was only 19 during shooting). That said, the film's story element, which seems to possibly set itself up with the same many chracters linked to one thing plot seen before that same year in Pulp Fiction isn't as deep, powerful, dramatic, and funny as that flick. Exotica does hold its own, however, because of performances and style.

Canadian cinema represent! Tell me, what was the extent of Sarah Polley's work in the film? I'm a fan of hers, so I might have to check it out.

B00007BK2N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

24 Hour Party People - 7/10 or (**1/2) Playing off like a Brit music lesson spliced with sex, drugs, and rock and roll, 24 Hour Party People harks back to the drug-infused time of Manchester in the 70s and 80s. Lead Steve Coogan plays Tony Wilson, who soon became the center of this movement. The scenes also tell the story of such notable punk/indie groups as The Sex Pistols, Joy Division, and JD's later move into New Order (the two latters being run by Wilson's label at the time). Like many other genre-defiers made in the past 10 years, the film switches from death scenes to humor literally just like that. Sometimes, in the film's context it works, in other times, it seems far too sudden of a shift. Still, it is a quite enjoyable effort with Coogan being a worthwhile man to watch.

B00015HWX2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dummy - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) In what could be defined as an odd dark comedy, Dummy features a pretty A-level cast for indepenent film, including Adrien Brody, Milla Jovovich, and Jared Harris. While lead Brody is certainly talented enough to carry a movie on his own, it's actually Jovovich that steals the picture with her random cussing and all round spunk that makes her feel believable in playing the role of a punk. From what you see, it's the same story you've seen before with a tad more comedy and a good bit more heart.

And on one last note, I would pay to see Milla Jovovich front a rock band. She would be an awesome lead singer (or at least an energetic lead singer) in my opinion.

A Very Long Engagement - 8/10

I was expecting an absolute classic like Amelie, which was quite optimistic...this left a somewhat not-so-good taste in my mouth because of that. Still, comparing this movie to Amelie was fun, with the similar style of storytelling and actors and such. This differed in that it was awfully brutal, merciless & sad at times, and comedic and comfortable in the next scenes, which made for some good contrast. Some really beautiful shots of lighthouses and fields as well, the views were great and gave me chills, just imagining the feeling of being up there in that lighthouse.

The length was quite draining and exhausting - 2 hours and 30 minutes. I was also kinda sick and had a terrible headache so I was almost suffering in my seat. The movie itself wasn't bad at all and I enjoyed it. Although this doesn't crack my top ten, it does come very close to it.

8954_poster.jpg

Creep - 8/10

Another fucking awesome movie. So far I've seen three new movies this year (Without a paddle, National Treasure and Creep), and they've all been near on brilliant. Had some really good jumpy parts throughout and for me it was a typical English film, very good. I hated the main evil character so much which made it even better. Shame that my good man Ken had to die, I loved him in Mean Machine so I wanted him to survive here. Either way, very very good movie overall.

B00005JNBQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Napoleon Dynamite - 7/10 or (**1/2) If Jared Hess were ever to get any award for a film as oddly hilarious as Napoleon Dynamite, his first thank you would probably be to Wes Anderson. By using the odd random humor Anderson usually uses in his flicks to the fullest effect, (even to the point where plot is irrelevant), Hess's debut is actually pretty funny. Among the newcomers in roles are Jon Heder, who plays lead Napoleon solidly and with the success of the flick no doubt has potential to become like a newer Owen Wilson of sorts (what with Wilson starring in Anderson's first film Bottle Rocket and all...). Admittedly, like some indie flicks, it will not be for everyone, but it will be one to watch if you appreciate random humor as much as I found I did.

P.S. If you are gonna watch this flick, watch it soon as to not have ALL of the jokes spoiled for you by the classmates at school. It didn't happen to me, no, but the rate of it being quoted at schools, it WILL happen.

B00003CX9D.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Chasing Amy - 9.5/10

I still find this to be Smith's most daring work to date. Most people would say Dogma, but while Dogma is hilarious and thought-provoking, it's still doesn't strike you quite like Chasing Amy does. Maybe it's because Dogma is more laugh out loud funny and cartoonish in many aspects, but Chasing Amy feels so real. I forget I'm watching a Ben Affleck and Joey Lauren Adams movie and feel like I'm peering in on the lives of Holden McNeil and Alyssa Jones. The movie kinda hits home for me because I've been a similar situation, which is why it's still hard for me to sit and watch it from start to finish. But that said, it's difficult to watch in that good way because it's so powerful and plays off your emotions so well. Smith always brings out the best in Affleck and his best work is always a dialogue-driven film. Only two more years and we get Chasing Amy X on DVD and I'm already eagerly awaiting it.