What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Finally watched John Wick and it was everything I wanted it to be to be honest. Just bullets, fist and feet flying through the entire movie and no great reason behind it except that they killed his fucking dog!

Insurgent may as well have been named Young Adult Dystopian Sequel #4. Nothing overly unique about it.

I was a little excited for it as it had Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller together again, but except for Teller being a wonderful dick, it sucked so hard. So weird that Maze Runner was a better movie, and I'm actually really interested in that sequel.

In Bruges is good. Just quirky enough not to be ridiculous, but enough to make it not just another Brit-style gangster film.

And by good you mean excellent, or so help me I'll make sure you align with the whites when the war happens.

• Like 5

Currently watching The Manchurian Candidate [2004]. About a third through and not really enjoying it, Denzel's character is boring, Schrieber's character feels like they forgot to give him a personality (I'm guessing intentionally what with his mother, but it just doesn't work), and the direction feels really awkward.

Saw Insurgent yesterday, and already figured out what was in the box and who the bad guy is going to be in the 3rd movie before the 2nd was halfway over.

Edited by GhostMachine

Watched Run All Night last night. It was typical Liam Neeson in typical badass fashion. I would have preferred a bit more action but it is what it is. I will continue to watch these movies as long as Neeson churns them out. Kind of the same as the old Van Damme movies in that you know what you're going in for and it makes you smile when it's everything you expected.

Wanted something mindless to whittle down the last of the Sunday evening before work, Gulliver's Travels [2010] was that. Good cast, but it has very little in common with the beloved book, and misses the mark constantly, saved only by that cast. The product placement was so not attempted to be subtle, that I almost feel like it was an ad masquerading as a film, and considering they won't have paid for any rights to GT, it probably was just a cheap money making grab.

In Bruges is good. Just quirky enough not to be ridiculous, but enough to make it not just another Brit-style gangster film.

And by good you mean excellent, or so help me I'll make sure you align with the whites when the war happens.

In Bruges is a brilliant film. So good it made me visit Bruges.

• Like 1

Insurgent may as well have been named Young Adult Dystopian Sequel #4. Nothing overly unique about it.

I was a little excited for it as it had Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller together again, but except for Teller being a wonderful dick, it sucked so hard. So weird that Maze Runner was a better movie, and I'm actually really interested in that sequel.

Woodley and Teller are great, especially Teller in this one, but yeah, it was distinctly average. The Maze Runner sequel does look pretty interesting to be fair.

Just got through watching The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies. Great, as are all the other LOTR/Hobbit films. Loved the scene where

Agent Smith and Count Dracula save Magneto and the Seventh Doctor

. Kinda sucks that its all over now.....

Edited by GhostMachine